Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees need to jump some kids up from AA

If you're going to operate like the damn Miami Marlins than we should start promoting kids from AA to the majors. If you want to bring up Thomas Neal again then give him a shot. If ownership isn't going to do anything to improve the offense than bring up the kids and let them play. Wells, Hafner, Overbay can all be DFA at this point. We have a DFA lineup.

This is really getting ridiculous.

vCash
    I am very bored with this team.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    If you're going to operate like the damn Miami Marlins than we should start promoting kids from AA to the majors. If you want to bring up Thomas Neal again then give him a shot. If ownership isn't going to do anything to improve the offense than bring up the kids and let them play. Wells, Hafner, Overbay can all be DFA at this point. We have a DFA lineup.

This is really getting ridiculous.
    Wish we could, but none of the kids are even close to ready to make the jump. We're just going to have to watch while this team dips below 500 for the first time in 20+ years. The worst thing is that there is no quick fix on the horizon even if we decide to spend money. The next few years are going to be ugly. Guess its time to watch Harvey and Wheeler tried to lead the Mets to the promised land.

vCash
    Yep I know kj LOL I was waiting for that response.. All their guys in AA have hit a wall. AAA team is terrible. Pitiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Wish we could, but none of the kids are even close to ready to make the jump. We're just going to have to watch while this team dips below 500 for the first time in 20+ years. The worst thing is that there is no quick fix on the horizon even if we decide to spend money. The next few years are going to be ugly. Guess its time to watch Harvey and Wheeler tried to lead the Mets to the promised land.
    And watch the Sox call up some of their Specs, that are actually good.

This lineup is pitiful, Id say play with what we got and let guys come back until August and see where we stand, If we are long out then i say call em up

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    this line up makes you want to cry LOLS
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    David Adams can be DFA'd too...dude can't hit

vCash
    yeh I was down for giving him a chance but, he's not even Ecstein.

vCash
    Yep Adams is terrible. It's pathetic that he's still on the team. Can't hit and can't field. Call up Kyle Roller even. DFA Hafner, Call up JR Murphy and send down Romine.
    Last edited by AmericanDream; 07-01-2013 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Rushing Murphy will lead to the same issues with Romine... he'd be better but you don't want to just throw him into the fire if he's not ready.

vCash
    the waaahmbulance has ade its noise

the team may make a deal here and there but you cant just fill all of the holes this team currently has, this team has been hugely injured , theres no team in baseball that facing the same adversity of injuries and star polayers going down would rebound. With all its holes we are still a coupole of games out of a WC.

Fans can moan and whine like they always do but theres no quick fix, bringing up rookies is stupid cause you will get the same results, they will start hot and then teams will figure them out and then everyone wants them DFA'd

thats just silly, rookies should be brought up with no pressure to perform and be surounded by an already producing team, not even mike trout or bryce harper would change the direction of the team.

vCash
    We all knew that this day was coming. They day when the Yankees were no longer able to sustain their dominance. The Braves of the 90's came crashing down as well. I wish I could say otherwise, but the Yanks are not immune. Too many years of buying overpriced UFA's, causing our early round draft picks to other teams have come back to haunt. The Yanks farm system is coming back, but the best of that system is still at AA or below. So there is nothing there that can help the Yanks much this year or next.

It happens... It happened to them back in the 60's as well.. Huge run of dominance only to suddenly reach a long run of futility. Yes, they have money to buy the best UFA's, but let's be honest. Since the PED testing has gotten fully implimented, the UFA market is just not loaded anymore. You are lucky to have one or two players that are worth those big contracts. Kinda adds to the theories that most of them were juicing... I think most were. That would explain why in 2000 there were a large number of players between 35 & 45 that received big contracts.. and now those guys mostly just stink.. a few decent ones who are earning their pay... but not nearly the same number....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    the waaahmbulance has ade its noise

the team may make a deal here and there but you cant just fill all of the holes this team currently has, this team has been hugely injured , theres no team in baseball that facing the same adversity of injuries and star polayers going down would rebound. With all its holes we are still a coupole of games out of a WC.

Fans can moan and whine like they always do but theres no quick fix, bringing up rookies is stupid cause you will get the same results, they will start hot and then teams will figure them out and then everyone wants them DFA'd

thats just silly, rookies should be brought up with no pressure to perform and be surounded by an already producing team, not even mike trout or bryce harper would change the direction of the team.

Truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    Rushing Murphy will lead to the same issues with Romine... he'd be better but you don't want to just throw him into the fire if he's not ready.
    oh I wouldn't bring him up either. I think you develop him in AAA for the rest of the year. He's not ready. Not ML ready.

But F-Mart, Angelini, you have to start thinking that. And part of my thought here is become sellers w/ anyone not named Jetes, Rivera or Cano. Anything else is for sale and not for vets, for mid 20's position players.

vCash
    its not our year this eyar, so thye should trade overbay. see if they can get something for him. io dont see anyone else they;'d trade bringing any value back at all. bring on the kiddies!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast