Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sale for what?

vCash

Sale for what?

Trade Sale now. I've seen recent top prospect/player trades and Sale will get us a boat load of talent. Comparing what the Jays gave up we should get an excellent hall for this guy. Top 3 or 4 prospects in anyone's team. We won't compete for at least 3 yrs,so lets see what he is worth.

vCash
    We never get a "haul" of prospects. Seems like every prospect we get simply stinks in Chicago...then goes on to mild success elsewhere.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    They should consider it, but it won't happen.

vCash
    dont think sale is for sale,and it would take a mighty haul for him that most probably wouldnt pay

vCash
    It would have to be from an absolutely loaded system. St Louis or Texas has the caliber of young players Id want back. Profar and Olt would be the type of return it would take to trade Sale. Also I would like to maybe give them Dunn as well as a straight salary dump.

vCash
    Yes, lets trade Sale. It's a really good idea. I mean, I think it parallels the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor in terms of good ideas.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    No to trading Sale. Wouldn't get enough value in return.

vCash
    I agree with Sager. There's no reason to. Even if the White Sox don't contend for the next five years, Sale will still be under team control, at an affordable price (especially when considering inflation), and will still only be 29. Sale is one of the five best pitchers in the American League, and in the top 10 league wide. You don't trade talent like that, especially when the player signed an extension and genuinely wants to be here.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsBullsCHWS View Post
    I agree with Sager. There's no reason to. Even if the White Sox don't contend for the next five years, Sale will still be under team control, at an affordable price (especially when considering inflation), and will still only be 29. Sale is one of the five best pitchers in the American League, and in the top 10 league wide. You don't trade talent like that, especially when the player signed an extension and genuinely wants to be here.
    A 5-7 record makes you a top 5 in the AL?

vCash
    The Sox need to blow it up. I was against Dunn coming here and he proved me right. What a bust. He can hit all the HRs he wants, but an average under.200 is inexcusable for a $14M/yr guy. Swept by the Tribe on the Sox turf. At this rate, with the #1 pick in the 2014 MLB Draft the Chicago White Sox select

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    Please don't tell me you just used his W/L record in an argument...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    that's the dumbest thing ive heard. look at King Felix's numbers with Seattle...always hovers around the .500 mark but puts up silly numbers, just like what's happening to Sale this year. poor guy doesn't have run support..gives up 3 runs a game but we can only score 2. Sale is still top 5 in AL and one of the best in the majors. you don't trade him. you make him the face of the franchise. simple as that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownFan92 View Post
    that's the dumbest thing ive heard. look at King Felix's numbers with Seattle...always hovers around the .500 mark but puts up silly numbers, just like what's happening to Sale this year. poor guy doesn't have run support..gives up 3 runs a game but we can only score 2. Sale is still top 5 in AL and one of the best in the majors. you don't trade him. you make him the face of the franchise. simple as that.

RON ****ING SWANSON!

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    For 3 top 100 prospects, I would have to imagine we strongly consider trading him. The return would have to be greater than what TX got from Atlanta for Tex. If we could get 3 guys that in the next 2 years could all be contributing above average major leaguers that is something to definitely consider. Were good on young pitching, but 3 position players would definitely be huge. Would be worth it for Texas to give us whatever we want for them have Sale and Darvish leading their rotation for the next 5+ years.

vCash
    There's no reason to have any untouchables with the way the roster is right now. I wouldn't actively shop Sal,e but if some team comes calling with an enticing package, there's no reason to not pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast