Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Letang Watch, 2013!

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 4m
    #TribHKY -- #Pens and Letang agree to eight year deal worth $58 million -- team had looked at two offers, one shorter term

vCash

Thank you, Ray Shero, Mario et al!

vCash
    Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 7m
    #TribHKY UPDATE. It's NOT DONE between Letang and #pens. Close, but not done, per agent Kent Hughes.

OK, so now saying close but no deal yet. WTF. Get him locked up now.

vCash
    I celebrated prematurely in other thread. Hopefully, it's just a matter of signing to put this baby to bed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

GUINS WIN!

vCash
    Guess they are still accessing which contract:

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joba2007 View Post

Thank you, Ray Shero, Mario et al!
    Way to go, team Penguins I'm sure Mario prevailed, if there was any resistance.

vCash
    Pens were looking at two different contract offers for Letang; talks far apart with Dupuis.
    June 30th, 2013
    NEWARK, N.J. — The Penguins and defenseman Kris Letang had made progress on a potential new contract.
    However, though close, a new deal was not done as of 11 p.m. Sunday.
    A meeting late Saturday between general manager Ray Shero and agent Kent Hughes left both parties comfortable that negotiations were back on track after several days of acrimony this past week.
    The negotiations are now about parameters that both sides clearly understand.
    The Penguins are willing to go over $7 million annually – but not up to $8 million – to keep Letang, who can agree to a new contract because he is set to enter the final year of his current deal.
    The Penguins are looking at two structures for a possible deal: one at the maximum-level eight years and another at half of that term. Letang would command more annual salary on the max-level deal.
    To get the higher average annual salary, Letang would need to accept a limited-movement clause in the latter years of a contract. He would get a full no-movement clause on the short-term contract.
    Link above

vCash
    I guess I like it overall but I'm still not sure
    Let's Go Pens! - 16 Games Left

vCash
    Guess we now don't want to officially sign him until Friday. Eff Rossi and his twitter, man. Before twitter, writers almost always had to get things right the first time when they said something was a fact. Now, not so much.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 14m
    #TribHKY #pens don't want to get burned announcing a deal and then have something weird happen. Letang can't sign until Friday, per CBA

Anyway, do your homework, Rossi. Guess we can consider this the Letang Watch thread, though sounds like things are looking good.

vCash
    Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 30m
    #TribHKY >>> Penguins' deal with Letang held up; team won't guarantee he won't be traded next summer | TribLIVE http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...-penguins-deal … #pens
    ___
    Get it done, Shero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joba2007 View Post
    Anyway, do your homework, Rossi. Guess we can consider this the Letang Watch thread, though sounds like things are looking good.
    Sounds good. Hope you don't mind I changed the thread title.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    The no-trade clause is holding up this deal. Letang wants a guarantee they won't trade him next year (before his NTC kicks in), and the Penguins are making no promises.

vCash
    JZ,

They had better not outsmart themselves. Give him the verbal guarantee and get him signed. To lose him over this would be ridiculous. Just get the thing done, Shero. You've already effed up once by dealing away Joe Morrow for a senior citizen. You lose a mid-20s superstar defenseman, whom you are unlikely to trade, anyway, because it uh would be stoo-pid, over some ego jostling about what should be a meaningless NTC extension, you'll die a thousand deaths in the public relations realm, especially when we can't get the puck out of our end the and PP is awful.

Now, get him signed!

vCash
    They'll end up stalemate, no extension, play him part of the year, trade him to some team when they think his value is the highest, and that'll be that... I feel like things are souring pretty fast here... I fear the worst will happen.

vCash
    He officially signed 8 year 58 million

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast