Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Off-Season Thread III

Discuss trades & FA targets here

LBJ 2015

vCash
    definitely don't want to trade for a guy we can get in free agency in 2 years if it means giving up shumps. it's a pipe dream but novak, felton, shumps and multiple picks is too much to give up. we would be so thin next year it would be embarassing. if jr bolted, then hardaway would be our starting 2 guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07
    Our offense was an absolute embarrassment in the playoffs. Chandler gives us nothing on offense. With Amar'e eating up 30% of our cap we cant afford to waste even more space on Chandler. We HAVE to upgrade at PG. Felton is not an NBA starting PG. Without a PG that has great vision and can actually run an offense, well just have another loosing season because Melo and JR will get passed the ball on broken plays, chuck, miss and shoot crap percentages yet again. lm not interested in seeing that same story all over again.

Just sign some hustle, dirty work guys for vet mins it won't make much of a difference.

Rondo is a young star, and one of, if not THE best playmaker in the league. Hed make us a whole lot better. He's a walking triple double come playoff time as well. Then we can do some more modest moves and build around that. That line up change won't make a difference well end up out early in the playoffs again.
    So it's Felton's fault that Woodson's ISO system didn't work in the playoffs when the game slows down? Who could have predicted that? The entire forum did. To say that Felton isn't an "NBA starting PG" and that "he can't run our offense" is just beyond ridiculous.

We lost because we tried playing small against a team that makes their living on the offensive boards. We lost because we have an inept coach who is a complete moron when it comes to reading the game and making adjustments.

Chandler is irreplaceable on our team, if you can't see that, you know nothing about basketball. Sure, let's significantly downgrade at another position for a slight upgrade at a position where we already have a pretty good player on a very affordable contract (Felton).

vCash
    If getting Rondo means trading Shump then so be it.

Lets get it!!!

vCash
    I think either Shumo or jr are gone that's why Timmy's here ... Not that we wouldn't of drafted him if we had no one else on the board but I think jr or Shump possibly leaving is more of the reason we grabbed him..

Rondos added D and moving the ball would help us beat the heat and the pacers even with a lack of speed/size at the positions they have (LBJ with his break away plays or Well most the pacers lol) rondos D helps us and his speed with Shump and Timmy ..come on nvm what a threat melo is and would become ...MELO WOULD BE OPEN wow...

But idk what we'd afford to give away for just 1 guy when were already hamstrung thanks to stat .

vCash
    Chandler gotta bad rap goin up against hibbert. Chandler is said to have lost 15 pounds after that illness at the end of the season. That's alotta weight and to drop it so suddenly, especially for a slender dude, I doubt his body feels 100% right now.

Still with the majority of the teams poor defending, which made Tyson's defense look even worse, we were in just about every game. I really think mike Woodson old skool ways of doing things, loyalty to certain players, and following playoff clichès really did us in.

All in all tho I think it was a learning experience for all parties involved and I wouldn't be ready to make whole sale changes. We aren't that far off, as bad as we played along with funny officiating IMO, we still coulda won that series idc what anybody says.

I think we should focus on adding to what we have. I like Byron Mullens, Ryan hollins, josh mcroberts, Shaun Livingston, will Bynum, all as pieces who could come in fit in and contribute. We should be able to sign 3-4 of em.
    Last edited by quartz; 06-30-2013 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    So it's Felton's fault that Woodson's ISO system didn't work in the playoffs when the game slows down? Who could have predicted that? The entire forum did. To say that Felton isn't an "NBA starting PG" and that "he can't run our offense" is just beyond ridiculous.

We lost because we tried playing small against a team that makes their living on the offensive boards. We lost because we have an inept coach who is a complete moron when it comes to reading the game and making adjustments.

Chandler is irreplaceable on our team, if you can't see that, you know nothing about basketball. Sure, let's significantly downgrade at another position for a slight upgrade at a position where we already have a pretty good player on a very affordable contract (Felton).
    l know enough about basketball to know that if we don't improve, we have zero chance of winning. Chandler is not irreplacable. The only one our roster that is, is carmelo. We have to give him a second option, and a better playmaker.

Woodys iso offense comes out of necessity of not having a good play maker. No offensive scheme in the world is going to make felton or shump magically have great vision, or ability to handle the offense in a playoff scenario.

You don't need a top PG to win a title, but you need SOMEONE on your roster, capable of running the offense, or be able to dominate the ball. Which we don't. And we aren't getting one through some modest move or on a vet min.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Chandler gotta bad rap goin up against hibbert. Chandler is said to have lost 15 pounds after that illness at the end of the season. That's alotta weight and to drop it do suddenly, especially for a slender dude, I doubt his body feels 100% right now.

Still with the majority of the teams poor defending, which made Tyson's defense look even worse, we were in just about every game. I really think mike Woodson old skool ways of doing things, loyalty to certain players, and following playoff clichès really did us in.

All in all tho I think it was a learning experience for all parties involved and I wouldn't be ready to make whole sale changes. We aren't that far off, as bad as we played along with funny officiating IMO, we still coulda won that series idc what anybody says.

I think we should focus on adding to what we have. I like Byron Mullens, Ryan hollins, josh mcroberts, Shaun Livingston, will Bynum, all as pieces who could come in fit in and contribute. We should be able to sign 3-4 of em.
    All for will Bynum I've seen a few highlights and I think he has talent ill admit he's not someone I'd be able to list off why he's so great or anything but I think he'd help at pg ..

With him and Felton and maybe prigs at pg wow , Shumo and Timmy nice , melo and company ? Lol Kmart hopefully and obviously Tc ..

Then the Udfas maybe someone looks amazing and we get someone unexpected to shine or well at least for the hole Udfa thing if they give us some time like 10-15 mins a game solid we will be amazing .

vCash
    Knicks, Denver, Atlanta

Denver receives Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby

Atlanta receives $5 million TE (instead of having $27.6 million, they now have $32.6 million in space) , 2016 NYK 1st round pick

Knicks receives Javale Mcgee, Wilson Chandler, Louis Williams, rights to Mike Muscala, 2014 Denver 2nd round pick *Denver gives us back our rights to 1st round pick 2016 no swapping*

PG Felton, Williams, Prigioni
    SG Shumpert, Smith, Williams, Hardaway Jr
    SF Chandler, Copeland, Novak
    PF Anthony, Stoudemire, Blair
    C Mcgee, Stoudemire, Muscala, Jordan

vCash
    The rondo talks is a made up rumor. It has no legs.
    If it did have legs, you would see a Knicks or celtics beat writer report it.

vCash
    If Lakers lose out on Howard, dangling Amare to them would be a great idea.. Metta, Hill, Duhon

Lakers don't have the assets to trade for that "big name" player. Amare is far from that now, but Lakers are looking real desperate right now. They can sell to their fans of D'Antoni + Nash+ Amare...trying to relive the glory days.
    Last edited by KnickVeteran; 06-30-2013 at 01:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post
    Knicks, Denver, Atlanta

Denver receives Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby

Atlanta receives $5 million TE (instead of having $27.6 million, they now have $32.6 million in space) , 2016 NYK 1st round pick

Knicks receives Javale Mcgee, Wilson Chandler, Louis Williams, rights to Mike Muscala, 2014 Denver 2nd round pick *Denver gives us back our rights to 1st round pick 2016 no swapping*

PG Felton, Williams, Prigioni
    SG Shumpert, Smith, Williams, Hardaway Jr
    SF Chandler, Copeland, Novak
    PF Anthony, Stoudemire, Blair
    C Mcgee, Stoudemire, Muscala, Jordan
    Where's Melo? sent him back to Den too? lol/smh

vCash
    so we are interested in Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Devin Harris, Will Bynum, and cj watson????

grunwald wtf bro... that aint gunna cut it

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

THE REAL DRAFT GURU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayweather&NYK View Post
    so we are interested in Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Devin Harris, Will Bynum, and cj watson????

grunwald wtf bro... that aint gunna cut it

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
    Berman's article does provide something I never really thought about before tho, if we do lose Smith or Cope, that puts the possibility of a sign and trade is on the table. Instead of trying to take back anything those teams would be willing to offer, the Knicks can actually get trade exceptions for them. Assuming JR makes close to 7 or 8 mil, and Cope gets somewhere between 3-4 mil, that would be extremely helpful.

Unless I'm wrong, Knicks could then turn around and acquire someone like Tyreke for the J.R TPE. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but it does open up our options this summer, somewhat.

We'd be hardcapped if we acquire Tyreke, or any current free agent, in any sort of sign and trade, right?
    Even then I'd be willing to hard cap us for someone like Tyreke

vCash
    Knicks bent on adding another PG due to Kidd's retirement
    Bynum, Watson and Harris in the list

Regardless of Prigioni’s situation, the Knicks are bent on adding another point guard because of Jason Kidd’s retirement. The Pistons’ Will Bynum, Brooklyn’s C.J. Watson and and Atlanta’s Devin Harris are on the radar.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast