Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Doc Rivers and Bill Simmons Call Each Other Out on National Television. (Video)

I'm pretty sure most of us saw this video , but I remember when I was watching this live I was like "Wow Awkwararrd...."

Shelley Smith should not have asked Doc that question -- NO good could have come out of that question. Either Doc ignores it or responds the way he did. It just makes things uncomfortable. If she was so pressed on getting his reaction she could have not used Simmons' name..

Jalen Rose and Jay Bilas were both really quite and made it even worse..

What did you guys think? Was that awkward or an overreaction?

The 59 second Video is in the Link below if you haven't seen it or want to re-watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPsZ...layer_embedded
    Last edited by xabial; 06-30-2013 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    I'm with Simmons on this one. I don't think what Doc did is wrong but I can't understand why Doc doesn't just admit that instead of making up different stories.

In reality though, this should be a non issue and is getting blown up more than it should

vCash
    Old news at this point. Doc was the idiot in this case. There is bad blood going back about 10 years between these two.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Doc quit on them #the end.

vCash
    Doc didn't quit on them. How can you possibly say that? Danny Ainge didn't even have a problem with it and respected Doc for what he had done for that franchise. I'm pretty sure Doc wanted change because he was tired of Rondo acting immature and the fact that he had to move on.

vCash
    I'm with Simmons

vCash
    Yeah with Simmons on this. Doc quit. Somehow getting away with it with little scrutiny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Doc didn't quit on them. How can you possibly say that? Danny Ainge didn't even have a problem with it and respected Doc for what he had done for that franchise. I'm pretty sure Doc wanted change because he was tired of Rondo acting immature and the fact that he had to move on.
    Because he ditched them for a younger and better team the moment they failed to make a decent playoff run maybe?

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    LMFAO I saw that, very awkward.

vCash
    I just thought it was funny when doc said "id hate to call him an idiot, cause im to classy for that" but in reality saying that was calling him an idiot without actually saying it.
    ...Russell Westbrook is a chucker

Russell Westbrook's response, "If das whacha say bruh"

vCash
    The better part of it came yesterday after Doc's appearance on WEEI and Simmons calling Doc "Glenn" for making up the story of Bill visiting the owners to get Doc fired.

vCash
    Bill Simmons just gained some points from me, I kinda didn't like the guy.

vCash
    I will forever defend Bill Simmons. He is a genius
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    It's a bummer because most people are going to side with Doc rather than Simmons (just because people don't like a white guy analyst who never played a minute in the NBA) but Simmons is by far and away correct here.

And who could blame Doc? If you're a coach of his caliber you don't want to go through a rebuilding process like that but where he went wrong was not just coming out and telling the truth, telling one truth. And that's where I lost respect for Doc Rivers. The back and forth back, indecision, multiple different reports just makes you look bad. And when you try to play it off like you didn't "quit" it just makes you look worse.

vCash
    Also, kind of off topic, but not really..

I love Bill Simmons (seems like I'm one of the few) and thinks he takes way too much flak.

You DO NOT need to play professional basketball to UNDERSTAND the game of basketball. Sure, are there some things Bill would just never get? Absolutely. But Simmons has a very intelligent basketball mind. He studied the game, he puts in the work, he's GOOD at his job whether you want to admit it or not.

Just because he didn't play in the NBA doesn't mean he cant professional critique players. That's one thing I find hilarious.. Is when players will come out and ***** about an analyst and say something like "he never played the game, who is he to talk"...

In some cases, that may be true.. But the majority of the time, it isn't. And the players get defensive that some white guy sitting on the TV is taking shots at their game. Hey I probably wouldn't like it either, doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

So why don't you sit down, shut up, get your *** to the gym and stop worrying about what some analyst says lmao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast