Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,657
    vCash
    500

    Something to think about down the road....2016 Philly pick

    Philadelphia is going full on rebuild mode. They traded Jrue for Noel who is years away... which also means they are not re-signing Bynum.

    Even if they luck out big and get Wiggins and another quality draft player, chances are in 2016 they will still be a crappy team that is one of the bottom 12 teams (Pick is top 12 protected 2013-2015).

    And to think people were crying like crazy when we passed up on scrubs like Perry Jones. We could end up looking at a top 10 pick in 2016, perfect time to start re-tooling once Wade and the big 3 era ends.

    It really baffles me how people still don't trust in Riley.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    695
    vCash
    1500
    If they can't seem to climb out of the lottery, the pick turns into 2 2nd rounders instead. We will not get a lottery pick.

    Miami Heat

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    9,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Philadelphia is going full on rebuild mode. They traded Jrue for Noel who is years away... which also means they are not re-signing Bynum.

    Even if they luck out big and get Wiggins and another quality draft player, chances are in 2016 they will still be a crappy team that is one of the bottom 12 teams (Pick is top 12 protected 2013-2015).

    And to think people were crying like crazy when we passed up on scrubs like Perry Jones. We could end up looking at a top 10 pick in 2016, perfect time to start re-tooling once Wade and the big 3 era ends.

    It really baffles me how people still don't trust in Riley.
    Unfortunately, the Philly pick is lottery-protected for the 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts. And if we don't get the first-round pick by the 2015 draft, then we will receive two second-round picks instead (one in 2015 and another in 2016).

    So there's really no way we'll receive a "top 10 pick" in the 2016 draft from the Moultrie trade.
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 06-29-2013 at 05:16 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,657
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoHcarolina52 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Philly pick is lottery-protected for the 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts. And if we don't get the first-round pick by the 2015 draft, then we will receive two second-round picks instead (one in 2015 and another in 2016).

    So there's really no way we'll receive a "top 10 pick" in the 2016 draft from the Moultrie trade.
    via Hoopsworld http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick-debt:

    Miami HEAT: Receives Philadelphia’s 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected in 2013-2015, unprotected in 2016) via Arnett Moultrie trade on 6/28/12
    I haven't seen anything about 2 second round picks anywhere. Riley wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for 2 second round picks. What source do you have for this?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,657
    vCash
    500
    I have seen trades where the team gets a 2nd on top of a 1st, but never where a 1st turns into a 2nd.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    9,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    via Hoopsworld http://www.hoopsworld.com/draft-pick-debt:

    I haven't seen anything about 2 second round picks anywhere. Riley wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for 2 second round picks. What source do you have for this?
    Oh . . .

    The Heat's future first-rounder is lottery-protected for the next three drafts, a source told ESPN.com's Chad Ford. If the Heat do not get the pick by the 2015 draft, they will receive a second-round selection that year and a second-rounder in 2016.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...r-picks-traded


    @chadfordinsider
    76ers will send Heat future first. Lottery protected in 2013, 14, 15. If they don't receive 1st by 15, they get a 2nd in 15 & 16
    https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/...42703510691842
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 06-29-2013 at 06:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    695
    vCash
    1500
    I wish we could get a 2016 unprotected first.

    Miami Heat

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    594
    vCash
    1500
    **** the sixers...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    8,682
    vCash
    1500
    http://basketball.******.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

    In there it also says that we get 2 second round picks if we don't get it by 2016. Really pissed.

    We could of had 2 first round picks next in year in a really good draft. We could of probably packaged them for a higher pick and possible a great player. Really disappointed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    10,915
    vCash
    1500
    Let's just trade it now then

    But if they tank hard enough to get Wiggins next year and he actually is legit, we will end up getting a first before 2016 in my opinion.
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

    Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

    Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,367
    vCash
    1500
    I think some of you may be mislead. What I'm seeing is, if the Sixers stay in the lottery until 2016, they then not only give up their 2016 lottery pick but also 2 second rounders. Not that the lottery pick would turn into 2 second rounders. To me it means the Heat receive the two additional second rounders because they had to wait so long.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,367
    vCash
    1500
    Nevermind, found this and it's from two days ago:

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,4578012.story

    What a dumb trade in hind sight. Trade a first and get 2 second rounders. What a waste. This isn't the NFL, 2nd round picks are usually crap.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,887
    vCash
    1503
    Back to back champs and people are crying about first round picks. Sad.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    594
    vCash
    1500
    LOL we basically traded all picks for Larry

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    695
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Back to back champs and people are crying about first round picks. Sad.
    Go ahead and live in the past, we will continue to ponder ways our team can stay competitive in the future. #growth #dontsettle

    Miami Heat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •