Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Schuster: Bulls will try to go after Blatche or Zaza...

Apparently he said that on 670. I figured it deserved its own thread.

As stupid as Blatche may be, there's no doubt he has talent and he has proven that in stretches. As a backup big and with Thibs, I could dig it. Similarly, Zaza would be a legit backup center who doesn't have his AARP card, and who can back Noah and keep Noah to playing closer to 30-34 mpg rather than 37...

Definitely a few quality backup bigs for Bulls to consider in this FA.

vCash
    I've never been a fan of Blatche, but Zaza is a quality backup.

vCash
    Interesting I would take either more Blatche he really came into his own last season in a backup role . With Tom as our coach I would be comfortable with that move . Ill take Blatche because he would add some offense with our back up big and rebounding.
    Last edited by Stunner; 06-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    I've never been a fan of Blatche, but Zaza is a quality backup.
    I knew you'd say that.

I understand your feelings about Blatche. That said, at a small contract, I'd take the chance. We need more offense and it appears we are sort of following SA in that route who also began gambling on more offensive-minded players lately and it has worked out for them.

vCash
    Greg Steis is also going to be released by the Wolved and the Great Kwame will be a free agent as well

vCash
    And Jermaine O'Neal and Samuel Dalembert.

There are a lot of interesting backup center's in this FA; didn't realize how many. There's no way we can rely on Nazr as our primary backup center this year. Not if we want Noah in one piece in the playoffs for ONCE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    I knew you'd say that.

I understand your feelings about Blatche. That said, at a small contract, I'd take the chance. We need more offense and it appears we are sort of following SA in that route who also began gambling on more offensive-minded players lately and it has worked out for them.
    For the minimum, I'd take him. He was at least solid for Brooklyn last year. I'd just prefer spending the extra money on someone like Pachulia if given the choice.

Stiemsma would be a nice fit too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    For the minimum, I'd take him. He was at least solid for Brooklyn last year. I'd just prefer spending the extra money on someone like Pachulia if given the choice.

Stiemsma would be a nice fit too.
    Fair enough. I mean I wouldn't complain if we were to sign either. I just like the gamble on his "potential"; even with the unlikelihood of him ever getting it.

vCash
    And Jermaine O'Neal and Samuel Dalembert.

There are a lot of interesting backup center's in this FA; didn't realize how many. There's no way we can rely on Nazr as our primary backup center this year. Not if we want Noah in one piece in the playoffs for ONCE.
    This is why I was always ok with the Bulls getting a guard in the 1st because the ones in free agency would most likely ask for more money than the bulls willing to give . I knew that the center spot was deep this year with quality backups. Drafting a young shooter with potential and grabbing a cheap big in FA >> Drafting a big in the 1st and possibly paying more for a shooter or guard who won't develop much . SG was always more important entering the season for me because we only have one under contract if you count Butler and if you don't and think of him as a SF than zero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    This is why I was always ok with the Bulls getting a guard in the 1st because the ones in free agency would most likely ask for more money than the bulls willing to give . I knew that the center spot was deep this year with quality backups. Drafting a young shooter with potential and grabbing a cheap big in FA >> Drafting a big in the 1st and possibly paying more for a shooter or guard who won't develop much . SG was always more important entering the season for me because we only have one under contract if you count Butler and if you don't and think of him as a SF than zero.
    You were right about our FO's decision in the draft, but I still do not agree that it's easier to find a backup big than a sg in free agency nor worth it financially. There's a reason we consistently see average at beast talent like Dalembert or Amir Johnson get paid the same amount as many above average perimeter players. Either way, it's the route we chose and I'm fine with that if FO thought Snell was BPA at their pick.

vCash
    I don't mind either, but I do wonder how much Thibs would trust Blatche.

I think we'll probably bring Nazr back either way, as a KT type of insurance policy for the inevitable Noah injury.

vCash
    Yea but I mean you can go either way , you can get any big to just play 7 mins a game . I just want some player to give Noah a breather . I mean a lot of solid bigs went undrafted . I would worry about a big in the next draft but you could go either way for the SG and big spot of just waiting . Bulls did a good job regardless

vCash
    can def see zaza,but no way can i see us gambling on blatche even if it was min

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    can def see zaza,but no way can i see us gambling on blatche even if it was min
    Not sure why you think that. We gambled on Nate and Rip.

vCash
    Not sure why you think that. We gambled on Nate and Rip.
    not all bad attitude tags are the same,neither rip or nate had any flags about effort,working out,ect.

you need to learn how to differentiate the problems each player has as different,not just lump all problem as the same.the things said of blatche,his baggage is very different than rip or nates.besides that he's a pf and we already have 2 pure pfs
    Last edited by abe_froman; 06-29-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast