Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Welcome back Kirilenko?

Andrei declined his $10 million player option for this year. I believe he still lives in SLC and I could see him wanting to return. With the Jazz needing to sign some vets just to meet the minimum salary cap, there might be mutual interest. He could help mentor the young guys for a franchise that loves him and retire a Jazz. He isn't really a game changer so signing him doesn't deter us from sucking next year either. On a side note, see ya later Mo. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You can come off someone else's bench.

vCash
    eh he still can't shoot and would clog the paint. his defense is still really good though

vCash
    He should retire a jazz man. Good locker room guy. Helps on D. If we are trying to make a defensive movement for the future he could help build that philosophy / reputation.

vCash
    I am good with resigning AK47. We need to sign someone because we don't have enough for a team right now. 2 or our 3 rookies will probably stay in Europe this year. If we limit his minutes, his body should hold up a little bit better than past years. I think he would be a good mentor for Evans. Plus it is Utah... we don't want to overpay a free agent and we aren't a place that people WANT to go

vCash
    I would love to see AK back in a jazz jersey next year! I also think we should re-sign Foye.

Burke, Burks
    Hayward, Foye
    AK, Carroll
    Favors, Marvin, Evans
    Kanter, Gobert

We'd need a backup PG that could shoot (I think a ridnour type would be perfect) and a PF that could knock down open jumpers (Landry, Bass, etc..). With a roster like that, the young guys could get some good run while also having some veterans to guide them along. We'd win a lot of games but I still think we'd be in the lottery next year.

vCash
    If he took Marvin's minutes that wouldn't be too bad, but he just opted out of a $10 mil a year deal. How much is he going to want?

vCash
    burks still isn't a pg, i would bet a hooters gift card that burks will make his bread at the 2.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I agree that burks will be better as a SG.. But, until we sign a second pg, I'm going to assume Burks is gonna get some backup pg minutes.

This is precisely why it would be nice to get AK back.. He could take so much pressure off of our young playmakers (Burke, Burks and Hayward) because of his abilities as a point forward.
    Last edited by jazzman86; 06-29-2013 at 06:05 PM.

vCash
    Burke/(FA VetSigning)/Tinsley
    Foye/Burks/Hayward
    Hayward/Carroll/AK/Marv
    Favors/AK/Evans
    Kanter/Favors/Gobert

thats 13 players with that lineup right there. Just need to sign a Vet FA PG, bring back Tinsley, Foye, Carroll and sign AK. Done done and done
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I'll also add, at this point AK shouldn't start as the 3. I would love for him to be the first off the bench and be our 6th man and back up Favors. Favors still has fouling trouble and it would be nice to have AK to finally play the 4 behind him as a change of pace 4
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I would bring AK back in a front loaded contract. I'd probably offer 4 years and $25 million with $10 million year one since we have the money. $5 million a year the next 3 years would be a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    I would bring AK back in a front loaded contract. I'd probably offer 4 years and $25 million with $10 million year one since we have the money. $5 million a year the next 3 years would be a deal.
    don't think that is legal you can only go down by as much as you can increase so like 75%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    don't think that is legal you can only go down by as much as you can increase so like 75%
    If Asik and Lin have contracts that are $5, $5, $15, then why can't Reddick and AK be signed to $10, $5, $5?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    If Asik and Lin have contracts that are $5, $5, $15, then why can't Reddick and AK be signed to $10, $5, $5?
    they are special cases due to some weird rule that would not apply to any of them

vCash
    nah, you can do whatever you want as long as the cap fits. So Front loaded would be fine. You could even do the same kind of contract like Milsap where he's paid a signing bonus and was paid less the other years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast