Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AK47 Opting Out

vCash

AK47 Opting Out

so Andrei Kirilenko has decided to opt out and not take the 10.2M guaranteed.

this imo is a GOOD thing, we now have money to blow on a good SG in Free Agency.

i like it and am excited, sad to see him go but.. he was definitely over paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyBayBay View Post
    so Andrei Kirilenko has decided to opt out and not take the 10.2M guaranteed.

this imo is a GOOD thing, we now have money to blow on a good SG in Free Agency.

i like it and am excited, sad to see him go but.. he was definitely over paid.
    Not surprise. Knew he was going to option out because of our draft. Now is Williams the player to take over his starting spot?

vCash
    I'd like to resign AK at $21mil/3yr

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that leaves us with $19 mil. to spend on Pek, Chase, and a SG. Add another 4 mil by trading Luke/JJ and we are in good shape.

vCash
    we need to go Hard after Iggy. HARD.

vCash
    This is definitely a good thing. I'm not opposed to bringing AK back (and knowing then that we have a starting SF going forward), but I'd rather see that money spent on a SG or split between a couple wings. Tyreke Evans now becomes an interesting option at SG if we start a sweet-stroking SF. Honestly, I feel like the 3 is the easiest position to fill with any variety of options out there and we don't know what Flip's/Adelman's plans are for playing Williams, Muhammad and Chase.
    United We Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    This is definitely a good thing. I'm not opposed to bringing AK back (and knowing then that we have a starting SF going forward), but I'd rather see that money spent on a SG or split between a couple wings. Tyreke Evans now becomes an interesting option at SG if we start a sweet-stroking SF. Honestly, I feel like the 3 is the easiest position to fill with any variety of options out there and we don't know what Flip's/Adelman's plans are for playing Williams, Muhammad and Chase.
    I am ok with Reke if we plan on using him as a 6th man, but no way in hell I am staring a Rubio/Reke backcourt.

And I agree. I am not against bringing him back for cheaper, for 3 years, but in reality, Shabazz was our pick, Budinger will be cheaper, we can re-sign Pek while knowing we still have money to sign a legit starting SG.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    and of course the main forum is "he must not want to play in Minny" heavy on this subject.

He wants a longer deal to guarantee more money idiots, whether its with us, or whomever will give him the right deal. Its called financial security...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am ok with Reke if we plan on using him as a 6th man, but no way in hell I am staring a Rubio/Reke backcourt.

And I agree. I am not against bringing him back for cheaper, for 3 years, but in reality, Shabazz was our pick, Budinger will be cheaper, we can re-sign Pek while knowing we still have money to sign a legit starting SG.
    What if we traded for Ersan Ilyasova? Just going through my thought process today, but those 2 (Ilyasova and Evans) intrigue me. I have not seen enough of Ersan playing but just took a gander at his stats.
    United We Run

vCash
    Kevin Martin guys? He's a scoring shooting guard, but unfortunately that's the only thing he can do.

vCash
    hearing that the Mavs want to Trade for Rondo but they need more teams to get involved...just throwing it out there but maybe we could move ridnour or williams for like a Jae Crowder maybe Marshon Brooks Courtney Lee or even a Jeff Green? Idk but they need to do something....

vCash
    i am mixed on this - IF we had a very good perimeter shooting shooting guard ak47 is a great fit for our team - however without that we are better off not paying him $10m a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbro2014 View Post
    hearing that the Mavs want to Trade for Rondo but they need more teams to get involved...just throwing it out there but maybe we could move ridnour or williams for like a Jae Crowder maybe Marshon Brooks Courtney Lee or even a Jeff Green? Idk but they need to do something....
    Courtney Lee please! Pl0x! Pwetty pwease?

Wolves United

vCash
    and of course the main forum is "he must not want to play in Minny" heavy on this subject.

He wants a longer deal to guarantee more money idiots, whether its with us, or whomever will give him the right deal. Its called financial security...
    I don't remember when I went to the main forums last time..

Wolves United

vCash

Haha I came in here to say this exact thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    What if we traded for Ersan Ilyasova? Just going through my thought process today, but those 2 (Ilyasova and Evans) intrigue me. I have not seen enough of Ersan playing but just took a gander at his stats.
    sure, but what does Milwaukee want from us? I would give them Williams and Luke for Ilyasova.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast