Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: AK47 Opting Out

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    555
    vCash
    1500

    AK47 Opting Out

    so Andrei Kirilenko has decided to opt out and not take the 10.2M guaranteed.

    this imo is a GOOD thing, we now have money to blow on a good SG in Free Agency.

    i like it and am excited, sad to see him go but.. he was definitely over paid.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,019
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RyBayBay View Post
    so Andrei Kirilenko has decided to opt out and not take the 10.2M guaranteed.

    this imo is a GOOD thing, we now have money to blow on a good SG in Free Agency.

    i like it and am excited, sad to see him go but.. he was definitely over paid.
    Not surprise. Knew he was going to option out because of our draft. Now is Williams the player to take over his starting spot?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    I'd like to resign AK at $21mil/3yr

    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that leaves us with $19 mil. to spend on Pek, Chase, and a SG. Add another 4 mil by trading Luke/JJ and we are in good shape.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,165
    vCash
    1500
    we need to go Hard after Iggy. HARD.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    9,890
    vCash
    1500
    This is definitely a good thing. I'm not opposed to bringing AK back (and knowing then that we have a starting SF going forward), but I'd rather see that money spent on a SG or split between a couple wings. Tyreke Evans now becomes an interesting option at SG if we start a sweet-stroking SF. Honestly, I feel like the 3 is the easiest position to fill with any variety of options out there and we don't know what Flip's/Adelman's plans are for playing Williams, Muhammad and Chase.
    United We Run

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    57,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    This is definitely a good thing. I'm not opposed to bringing AK back (and knowing then that we have a starting SF going forward), but I'd rather see that money spent on a SG or split between a couple wings. Tyreke Evans now becomes an interesting option at SG if we start a sweet-stroking SF. Honestly, I feel like the 3 is the easiest position to fill with any variety of options out there and we don't know what Flip's/Adelman's plans are for playing Williams, Muhammad and Chase.
    I am ok with Reke if we plan on using him as a 6th man, but no way in hell I am staring a Rubio/Reke backcourt.

    And I agree. I am not against bringing him back for cheaper, for 3 years, but in reality, Shabazz was our pick, Budinger will be cheaper, we can re-sign Pek while knowing we still have money to sign a legit starting SG.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    57,015
    vCash
    1500
    and of course the main forum is "he must not want to play in Minny" heavy on this subject.

    He wants a longer deal to guarantee more money idiots, whether its with us, or whomever will give him the right deal. Its called financial security...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    9,890
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am ok with Reke if we plan on using him as a 6th man, but no way in hell I am staring a Rubio/Reke backcourt.

    And I agree. I am not against bringing him back for cheaper, for 3 years, but in reality, Shabazz was our pick, Budinger will be cheaper, we can re-sign Pek while knowing we still have money to sign a legit starting SG.
    What if we traded for Ersan Ilyasova? Just going through my thought process today, but those 2 (Ilyasova and Evans) intrigue me. I have not seen enough of Ersan playing but just took a gander at his stats.
    United We Run

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rich Port
    Posts
    4,714
    vCash
    1500
    Kevin Martin guys? He's a scoring shooting guard, but unfortunately that's the only thing he can do.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    1500
    hearing that the Mavs want to Trade for Rondo but they need more teams to get involved...just throwing it out there but maybe we could move ridnour or williams for like a Jae Crowder maybe Marshon Brooks Courtney Lee or even a Jeff Green? Idk but they need to do something....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,610
    vCash
    1500
    i am mixed on this - IF we had a very good perimeter shooting shooting guard ak47 is a great fit for our team - however without that we are better off not paying him $10m a year

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbro2014 View Post
    hearing that the Mavs want to Trade for Rondo but they need more teams to get involved...just throwing it out there but maybe we could move ridnour or williams for like a Jae Crowder maybe Marshon Brooks Courtney Lee or even a Jeff Green? Idk but they need to do something....
    Courtney Lee please! Pl0x! Pwetty pwease?

    Wolves United

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    and of course the main forum is "he must not want to play in Minny" heavy on this subject.

    He wants a longer deal to guarantee more money idiots, whether its with us, or whomever will give him the right deal. Its called financial security...
    I don't remember when I went to the main forums last time..

    Wolves United

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    and of course the main forum is "he must not want to play in Minny" heavy on this subject.

    He wants a longer deal to guarantee more money idiots, whether its with us, or whomever will give him the right deal. Its called financial security...
    Haha I came in here to say this exact thing

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    57,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    What if we traded for Ersan Ilyasova? Just going through my thought process today, but those 2 (Ilyasova and Evans) intrigue me. I have not seen enough of Ersan playing but just took a gander at his stats.
    sure, but what does Milwaukee want from us? I would give them Williams and Luke for Ilyasova.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •