Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Orioles close to tying MLB record........

For allowing five-runs or more in consecutive games. They already set the AL record, but the 1924 Phillies hold the MLB record at 20 games. Already in the second inning, the Orioles are down 4-0 thanks to Ubaldo Jimenez, so one more run ties the record.

This is some truly awful pitching right now. I survived the "dark ages" in the 2000s, where we had some bad teams, but this tops even those teams.

And a sacrifice fly ties the record.

lol I saw the score in their game and was thinking "Man Baltimore has been getting crushed for like 3 weeks straight it seems."

The Lost Boys of PSD

Complete disaster. I can't even watch them at this point. Call me a fair weather fan but I refuse to torture myself.

7.23 ERA in the month of June (5.20 for the season so far).

Yikes!

new pitching coach on the horizon?
    Official Kevin King Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Complete disaster. I can't even watch them at this point. Call me a fair weather fan but I refuse to torture myself.
    Not at all. I've been a STH since 2014 and might as well have been one in 2013, and when I have tickets to games I have started to leave early, something I never do. Started with the first Cardinals game. This is a new level of performance for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    new pitching coach on the horizon?
    Roger McDowell is one of the better pitching coaches in the league. That being said, it might be a symbolic gesture and if that happens, our hitting coach needs to go with him. I think losing our pitching coach, bullpen coach and long-time catcher all in one offseason hurt us more than we know.

Peter Angelos is a big part of the problem as well. Another guy who likes to pocket money instead of spending it on players (in this case pitching) like he should.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Peter Angelos is a big part of the problem as well. Another guy who likes to pocket money instead of spending it on players (in this case pitching) like he should.
    If this was 10 years ago, I would agree with you. However, since hiring Dan Duquette and Buck Showalter, Angelos has been super quiet, letting both of them run their part of the team. He actually opened up more money in the payroll to re-sign Chris Davis two years ago, and has continued to spend more as arbitration has hit and trying to keep the core together as long as possible. The only time Angelos has been in the news since hiring those two was when there were rumors that the Jays wanted Duquette for their team president position, and he went public saying he would do everything he could to keep him with Baltimore, which is when you want to hear from the owner.

The organizational philosophy is to buy the bats and grow the arms, which is why we don't spend much on FA pitching. The one time we did spend heavily was for Jimenez, and see how that worked out.

What I do want to hold Angelos accountable for is why we don't spend internationally. This past year, MLB sett a record spending over $200 million nationally. I can guarantee the Orioles hardly spent any, despite having one of the best international scouts on payroll in Fred Ferriera. He got us Hyun Soo Kim, but that's the extent of things. This year, we dealt our draft slots to the White Sox for a left-handed relief prospect. I don't understand that one.

How many pitchers have the O's developed? Bundy, Gausman, Tillman...? Does Jake Arrieta count? Lol

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    How many pitchers have the O's developed? Bundy, Gausman, Tillman...? Does Jake Arrieta count? Lol
    Traded for Tillman, but he spent a bit of time in our system. Bundy and Gausman were home grown. So far Britton, but he converted from a starter to reliever. Mychal Givens deserves to be mentioned at this point, and he is a converted SS.

Also had Eduardo Rodriguez, but traded him for Andrew Miller back in 2014, a trade I would make again for sure.

Aa for Arrieta, we jerked him around from the minors to the majors, from starting to bullpen, and everything in between, he just needed someone to sit him down, find out what worked and be consistent with him.

At least they didn't break the record.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    At least they didn't break the record.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    If it was today, it would have happened.

Here is some more futility, posted by ESPN stats and info: The Orioles have allowed 160 runs in their past 20 games. The only other team to do the same? The 2007 Baltimore Orioles, that's who, and also interesting to note, that may have been one of Erik Bedard's best seasons, like we are seeing this year with Bundy. But man, that roster was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    If it was today, it would have happened.

Here is some more futility, posted by ESPN stats and info: The Orioles have allowed 160 runs in their past 20 games. The only other team to do the same? The 2007 Baltimore Orioles, that's who, and also interesting to note, that may have been one of Erik Bedard's best seasons, like we are seeing this year with Bundy. But man, that roster was horrible.
    No doubt that 30-3 loss was in that stretch.

Orioles trying to start another streak today. At least they won.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast