Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

help on report of Patrick Patterson

Over on the Kings foum we are all making reports on one of the players of our team. But there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to patrick. I decided to take pat... but I need some help. I have been all over youtube, draftexpress, and other sites looking for answers.. there isn't a lot out there on pat. I even signed up for twitter and sent the man a message with questions.. hahaha..

So, what I am looking for is his strenghts and weaknesses, or anything that you think could be said. Stats are easy to read, but you guys have seen him play, stats can't tell the story you can. So if you could spend 5 mins or so writing something up I would appreciate it. And be assured it will be read.( I need to finish this report in a couple days )
    Thanks,
    Sneak the Kings fan
    Last edited by sneak; 06-29-2013 at 03:21 AM.

vCash
    Good pick and roll defender, excellent mid range jump shot, really improved his 3 point shot to around 36-37% if i remember correctly, Poor rebounder though. He doesnt hustle much but he started playing the best basketball that i have seen him play right before we traded him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    Good pick and roll defender, excellent mid range jump shot, really improved his 3 point shot to around 36-37% if i remember correctly, Poor rebounder though. He doesnt hustle much but he started playing the best basketball that i have seen him play right before we traded him.
    This is a pretty great start. I'd add that Patterson doesn't have much in the way of a refined low post game and that while his RPG has gone up each season he's been in the league, his TRB% has decreased each season. His TRB% last year was only 10.8, which is abysmal for a PF. But his 39% shooting from the 3-point line last year makes him a very nice addition to any offense, and he's improved from the free throw line to become above average for the position in that area, as well.

I'd say Patterson is more suited to a bench role than a starting role, though, because he's a streaky shooter, he's still a below average defender because of a his size and he's a liability on the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Thanks so far for the evaluations. If anyone else wants to add to them I still will be reading them. I think I remember him saying that he is working on his dribbling skills this off season. I don't know but he may be trying to work to be a 3. He has the range to be a 3.. I am not sure about his quickness on the defensive side. Could he stay in front of the sf's in the league?

vCash
    He played a lot of 3 at Kentucky. While I think he would be too slow defensively, he could be a huge mismatch on offense with his size and improved shooting.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    He played a lot of 3 at Kentucky. While I think he would be too slow defensively, he could be a huge mismatch on offense with his size and improved shooting.
    Thanks for your time guys. I am done with my report. When I get a chance to get on my computer I will post it here. Thanks a again.

vCash
    Patrick Patterson

Patrick Patterson:
    -----------------
    Pat is a stretch 4. Last year he added a huge weapon, a 3 point shoot. He went from a 0% in the 2011 – 2012 season, to a 38.6% on 51 of 132 in the 2012 – 2013 season from beyond the line. That tells you a lot about how his work ethic. His + / - is at +2.2 per 36 mins. Right at # 100 for last season. No other Current King has a +. The next closest is Chuck Hayes at -.8 per 36. He also came in at #25 in FG% at .512 for last season.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    His strengths:
    -------------
    1.) Stretches the floor: With the change in the way the NBA is played now a stretch 4 can be what a team needs, and what Pat gives you. With a 4 who can guard a 4 defensively but jump to a corner of the 3 point line can open up the floors for a team’s guards to "Reke" havoc. This might be great considering we have pick up a McLemore in the draft. This might allow us to have tyreke at the pg and McLemore at the sg without losing lanes to the basket.
    -------
    2.) Basketball IQ: His is a smart player that doesn’t force shoots. He seems to see the floor well and know where the next pass needs to go.
    -----
    3.) Good pick and roll defender: This is a big factor in defending in this era of the NBA. Certain match ups would be favorable to suit Patrick’s good pick and roll defense.
    -----
    4.) Mid-range shot: Patrick has a great mid-range game. This by its self opens the lanes to the hoop for the new style NBA guards.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    His Weaknesses:
    ----------------
    1.) Low post defense. His height at 6’9” for NBA is clearly undersized which puts him in a bad position for opposing big men looking to post up Pat.
    ------------
    2.) Lack of Hustle – He doesn’t always give a maximum effort.
    --------------
    3.) Rebounding – Here is the BIGGEST critique that he has. At 4.7 per game, he is out rebounded by some small forwards. This is something I just don’t know that can change due to his Height.
    --------------
    4.) Limited low post game – He has some low-post moves, but not enough; pair that with his size, and it doesn’t make him a serious low-post threat.
    5.) Somewhat of a Streaky Shooter – not a serious issue, but one to note.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    His Roles next year:
    ---------------
    Starting or off the Bench his role will be; to open the lanes of traffic for the guards to do the damage, or let Big DMC have all the room in the world to break down every center in the league. I don’t see him being the go to guy, but if you go to him; he will do good things for you. With the pieces in Sacramento I believe that he fits very well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    His future with the team:
    ------------------------
    I can see him resigning with the team for the next 4 years (after this year) with his amigo Cousins. Coming out of College he said he wouldn’t mind being groomed to be a sf. Time will tell if that can happen. I have my doubts that he could stay in front of the small forwards in the NBA, if he were to try.

vCash
    I hope you enjoy this report. if you don't, well go ahead and be a critic. Everyone on PSD are anyway.

vCash
    Why did you do a report about Patrick Patterson?

edit: I now realised you said it.
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 07-04-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Well done.