Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,741
    vCash
    1500

    Gillis MAY be one step closer to being fired..

    Hearing VAN Canucks are now contemplating using a compliance buyout on Roberto Luongo since they're having a hard time trading him.
    https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...75385622970368

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,189
    vCash
    1000
    Wow, Luongo must have done something really horrible to Gillis at some point

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    70
    vCash
    1500
    If Gillis gets nothing for Luongo, then ownership should really think about firing him. He has had plenty of time to move Luongo and yet here we are just days before the draft and he's still here. Now his options are very limited, and they are contemplating either a buyout or waivers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D1rty D4ve View Post
    If Gillis gets nothing for Luongo, then ownership should really think about firing him. He has had plenty of time to move Luongo and yet here we are just days before the draft and he's still here. Now his options are very limited, and they are contemplating either a buyout or waivers.


    I have no idea how Gillis still has his job.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,137
    vCash
    1500
    Or, keep Luongo and trade your biggest asset, Schneider. Much better idea.
    TAKE PRIDE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,910
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Or, keep Luongo and trade your biggest asset, Schneider. Much better idea.
    Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
    It's getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    2,056
    vCash
    1500
    I'm so happy right now. If we can get a legit top end forward than it will go a long way. The only way Gillis redeems himself is if he gets a legit sniper to play with the Sedins. It's only right that they remove the shiv in Luo back and go or the commitment. Luongo will flourish with a better defensive system.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,383
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Or, keep Luongo and trade your biggest asset, Schneider. Much better idea.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
    It's getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.
    I'm in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I'm so happy right now. If we can get a legit top end forward than it will go a long way. The only way Gillis redeems himself is if he gets a legit sniper to play with the Sedins. It's only right that they remove the shiv in Luo back and go or the commitment. Luongo will flourish with a better defensive system.
    100% agree.

    The way Luu re-habbed his image with a great sense of humour and a ton of integrity (which he had all along) I could see him becoming a real fan favourite this year again. Just the way this market is. And as you say, if he is behind a more structured and consistent D, he will flourish.

    It would be ironic. I really thought we could get something for him but with the new cap structure and penalties the options just weren't there for anything of any value in return. Either he's bought out or Schneids gets traded.

    I have two concerns:

    1. that Gillis is still entrusted with making these moves. I don't know if he's capable of trading for quality (see Booth, Ballard, Kassian).

    2. that the goalie move will be Gillis' only move this off-season when we clearly need a big roster shakeup.

    What do they say about the definition of insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    The same applies to rosters that need dramatic improvement/change.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    583
    vCash
    1500
    Canucks will never buy Lu out. No idea how this idiot tweeter gets his info.

    Interesting thread title. Gillis may get fired, eh? Did you hear this from the owners? Are you in the know with the ownership group?

    I'm not sure if you fact check but I have not heard anything in regards to any thought of a Gillis firing. I research the team a bit so maybe you have something I don't.... I tend to doubt it.

    Let me tell you why a Lu buy out may not get Gillis fired. The ownership very much was involved in offering Lu that moronic contract and fully supported it.

    I really hope Gillis gets canned. He has not improved the team. He's put them on a course to fail.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    2,056
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtin' M's Fan View Post
    Canucks will never buy Lu out. No idea how this idiot tweeter gets his info.

    Interesting thread title. Gillis may get fired, eh? Did you hear this from the owners? Are you in the know with the ownership group?

    I'm not sure if you fact check but I have not heard anything in regards to any thought of a Gillis firing. I research the team a bit so maybe you have something I don't.... I tend to doubt it.

    Let me tell you why a Lu buy out may not get Gillis fired. The ownership very much was involved in offering Lu that moronic contract and fully supported it.

    I really hope Gillis gets canned. He has not improved the team. He's put them on a course to fail.
    I think he means Gillis should get fired if he has to buy out Luongo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,741
    vCash
    1500
    Um, no to trading Schneider. At least not for what we're asking. The prospect better be NHL ready...

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,741
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtin' M's Fan View Post
    Canucks will never buy Lu out. No idea how this idiot tweeter gets his info.

    Interesting thread title. Gillis may get fired, eh? Did you hear this from the owners? Are you in the know with the ownership group?

    I'm not sure if you fact check but I have not heard anything in regards to any thought of a Gillis firing. I research the team a bit so maybe you have something I don't.... I tend to doubt it.

    Let me tell you why a Lu buy out may not get Gillis fired. The ownership very much was involved in offering Lu that moronic contract and fully supported it.

    I really hope Gillis gets canned. He has not improved the team. He's put them on a course to fail.
    A lot of the times i create thread titles to generate more views. My apologies for the misinformation.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    12,484
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Wow, Luongo must have done something really horrible to Gillis at some point
    Love your sig. I still believe after last years handling, the coaching situation and really drafting at the helm really should have cut him off at the knees by now. I don't think Luongo really cares what happens. He just wants out.

    Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,741
    vCash
    1500
    Here's what Canucks want for Schneider:

    Buzz from draft floor is Oilers won't bite on giving up No.7 pick, prospect for Schneider. #canucks #pndraft

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •