Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nate Robinson Signs 2 Year Deal With Nuggets (Nate Appreciation)

According to a source familiar with the situation, Robinson and his camp have already made it clear with the Bulls that the two sides will part ways, as Robinson seeks a multi-year contract. Even if that contract isn’t made available to the point guard, a one-year deal with a team that will give him extended playing time is next on his wish list.

Two requests that the Bulls cannot grant.

Technically, the Bulls can’t start talking with agents until July 1, but it was made clear to Robinson on the day after the playoffs ended for him and his teammates, that with Derrick Rose expected to be up-and-running, as well as having Kirk Hinrich and Marquis Teague as backups, Robinson could see time at either guard position, but would be more of an insurance policy than leaned on for heavy minutes like he was this past season with Rose sidelined.

Robinson knows that his value might never be higher coming off a season like he had, and silencing critics that he wasn’t the most coachable player in the league. You put a year in under coach Tom Thibodeau, and stay mostly dog-house free, that’s an accomplishment.

On the other hand, Belinelli would like to return, but would likely have to give the Bulls a discount in order to do. The market is expected to price Belinelli out of Chicago.

“Some will depend on what the market is, and they’ve got to get a feel from that, we’ve got to get a feel from that,’’ Forman said of those players returning. “But we certainly want to bring back some of the guys that we had last year if it’s the right fit as far as both sides are concerned.’’
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...ls-source.html

Understandable and a little unfortunate, in my opinion. I would have loved to have seen Nate as a spark 2-guard off the bench.

vCash
    expected I guess. I'm still holding out hope for a Belli return tho.

vCash
    Thanks for the memories, Nater.

vCash
    Yeah really thought he was gone. I really see him ending up with either of the two New York teams

vCash
    is anyone really surprised?

we knew this was gonna happen before the season was over.

vCash
    GUy is the man. I'll always root for him. Gave me some great moments this year.

vCash
    As expected.

Now will Marco settle for the mmle?
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...ls-source.html

Understandable and a little unfortunate, in my opinion. I would have loved to have seen Nate as a spark 2-guard off the bench.
    Nate Robinson barely cracked the lineup with Rose out of it, until the playoffs. Yes, his performance once the Bulls got there was unforgettable, but if you look at constructing this roster going forward, well, he was already behind Hinrich. Now he'll be behind Rose AND Hinrich. Where are the minutes? Yes, he was a nice scoring spark at PG when Hinrich couldn't provide it, but we have THE elite scoring spark at PG now.

Bellinelli actually fits the mold of what the Bulls need a lot better.

That being said, I'd almost rather chase an OJ Mayo.

vCash
    He deserves as much money as he can get. It's unfortunate that we can't afford him but I wish we could. He's a serious scoring threat off the bench. I'd rather let go of Marco, Kirk and Teague if it meant keeping Nate. This team lacks scoring, playmaking and 3 point shooting all of which Nate gives you while guys like Kirk and Teague do not.

vCash
    So gay, I wish we got rid of Kirk and kept Nate...

vCash
    In the playoffs Nate was playing crazy minutes, going up against bigger guys and might I add one of them being Lebron James at times...and was still laying it on them. You keep those type of guys. You don't keep guys like Kirk who can't stay on the court and when he does he can't score nor do you keep a guy like Teague over Nate. Nate is still basketball young and can stroke it. Teague was always one second away from dribbling it off his own foot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by _____ View Post
    In the playoffs Nate was playing crazy minutes, going up against bigger guys and might I add one of them being Lebron James at times...and was still laying it on them. You keep those type of guys. You don't keep guys like Kirk who can't stay on the court and when he does he can't score nor do you keep a guy like Teague over Nate. Nate is still basketball young and can stroke it. Teague was always one second away from dribbling it off his own foot.
    Couldn't agree more, hes ****in instant offense, nothing we have on the bench right now can give you the production he can. This is so ****in stupid, I'm seriously pissed not bringing back Nate.

vCash
    Nate felt like a Bull from the moment he got on the court. Diving, bleeding and getting the crowd pumped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by _____ View Post
    i agree. at the very least, if we HAVE to give one up, you keep Nate over Heinrich. Heinrich disgusted me everytime he was on the court...he bricks wide open shots, passes on layups when he gets to the basket, and is just a liability in general when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

Heinrich plays good defense, but what we need is someone that can handle the ball and take some pressure off of Rose that can also create for himself. that IS Nate. when Rose is on the bench, im not really sure what we expect to do or where we expect to get scoring from. i dont get why we wouldnt be getting Nate solid minutes (granted his level of play stays the same). if he would be able to bring the same offense he had at the end of this season, then it would be completely worth his lack of defensive abilities.

i really thought he was for sure going to be with us next year. i have been excited about the Snell pick, and now im all bummed out.
    Bulls
    Bears
    White Sox

AND YOUR NEW STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, THE BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    So gay, I wish we got rid of Kirk and kept Nate...
    That'd never happen as much as I'd like it to.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast