Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Pick 21: Gogui Dieng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FszIHKXSZE

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...6/gorgui-dieng

http://www.nba.com/draft/2013/prospe...ls=iref:dt2013

from NBA.com

NBA projection
    Dieng has been projected as a mid-first-round pick. He has skills and physical attributes that would suggest he will, at the very least, be a solid defender in the NBA, both a good shot blocker and a solid defender in the low post because he can move his feet, intimidate with his length and battle from a strength standpoint. He's also quick enough to switch off screens and guard multiple positions.

What Insiders Say
    Louisville coach Rick Pitino
    "He is getting better. First you saw him get better with his midrange shot and then he adds the ball fake to his midrange shot and keeps getting better, which is why I think the pros are going to get such a good basketball player. ... He is just scratching the surface of how good he can be. He is a very good passer and does a lot of very good things, but if you give him a move, he can learn it in a very short period of time. He is extremely bright."

What Outsiders Say
    Notre Dame coach Mike Brey
    "When he is scoring, it is a whole another gear for them. They have had their offensive droughts and times when they can't score, but he looked like a pro tonight [with 21 points

vCash
    Really liking this pick. I think at the least he will be an inside defensive presence, if he can polish his offensive game, who knows what his ceiling is.

vCash
    This is probably our best pick in this draft? Still didn't like what we did to our 9th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeVo7 View Post
    This is probably our best pick in this draft? Still didn't like what we did to our 9th.
    I just don't understand what we were supposed to do with #9 after all the obvious choices were gone.

vCash
    I say we go after talent. Size is a bonus at the 2. It's not like the 4 or 5 is guarding the 2. LOL.

vCash
    I say we go after talent. Size is a bonus at the 2. It's not like the 4 or 5 is guarding the 2. LOL.
    So we should have drafted another PG and put him at SG?

It was circumstance that caused us to trade down...the circumstances being that all the SG's were gone, and the top talent on the board was 2 PGs in Burke and McCollum...

vCash
    I think we need scoring option, not size option.

vCash
    I think we need scoring option, not size option.
    We needed a SG/SF, none were available, unless we reached for someone like Karasev or Shabazz at 9.

Circumstances...that is what this draft was all about...we needed an SG/SF, no logical player was available at 9 that fit that position.

I will tie this draft for the next couple years with CJ though...if he plays well, and is able to play the 2, then I will question the trade down to no end...for now though, the move is completely understandable due to circumstances that were out of our control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I just don't understand what we were supposed to do with #9 after all the obvious choices were gone.
    Draft McCollum. At worst he is better at PG so that would allow us to trade Barrea along with Ridnour and gain another 5mil. But he is also good at disturbing passing lanes and along with Rubio could play well in a zone (which Adelman actually uses), he is a good ISO scorer which we need and he is a good passer which is one of the things Adelman wants in a SG.

United we Run

vCash
    Is this guy better than Mason Plumlee? He was also available when we picked.

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Draft McCollum. At worst he is better at PG so that would allow us to trade Barrea along with Ridnour and gain another 5mil. But he is also good at disturbing passing lanes and along with Rubio could play well in a zone (which Adelman actually uses), he is a good ISO scorer which we need and he is a good passer which is one of the things Adelman wants in a SG.
    Right on. His personality is also great which RA will not have a headache getting to him. We used Luke at the 2 for the pass 2 year? and it look like RA is fine with that, otherwise he would have been benched and start someone else who has size. Just hate that we pass on CJ and now I have to hope he lack of talents, otherwise he'll haunt us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Is this guy better than Mason Plumlee? He was also available when we picked.
    If you mean Dieng, I think so. We need a big man that can stop others in the paint.
    Last edited by JeVo7; 06-28-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: wrong answer

vCash
    Yeah, I don't think McCollum's size would be much of an issue. But I wasn't attached to him much, so I won't care if he pans out in Portland, and Muhammad fails here.

Wolves United

vCash
    what we need was Offense from the 2 and flip look toward size instead.

vCash
    Character is another issue. So Saunders likes him. How about Adelman? He is the picky one and he is the one that picks the team. I mean if Williams (who character wise is great) has a hard time breaking in the squad, what will happen with Shabbazz?

United we Run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast