Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pick 14: Shabazz Muhammad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvUqNvBEwY

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...abazz-muhammad

http://www.nba.com/draft/2013/prospe...ls=iref:dt2013

from NBA.com

Muhammad is a lottery pick. He’s young, and he’s a long way from being a finished product, but he’s got an arsenal of offensive skills that will translate to the NBA and earn him a key role as one of his team’s primary scoring options. In order to become an elite player, he’ll have to develop skills that don’t involve scoring.

What Insiders Say
    Former UCLA coach Ben Howland
    “I think the thing that makes him who he is is how competitive he is. That’s what makes the great ones great. They want to do everything they can to make their team win.”

What Outsiders Say
    NBA Eastern Conference executive
    "He knows how to score, because of his ability to create space for himself. He's powerful. But I don't think he's as athletic as [Georgetown’s Otto] Porter. I think one of his biggest advantages is he's left handed, but he overpowers people with his size and his strength. He doesn't blow by people and he doesn't jump over people."

vCash
    Please make Flip look like a genius

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Please make Flip look like a genius
    That's our only hope with this pick. I wonder why Flip like him. If it's me, I'll rather stay at 9 and grab CJ and then flip our 26 along with one of our second round to grab Dieng. CJ may not have the size, but he has the offense talent. That's something we lack of.

vCash
    I can't help but think of the day the rumor came out that we may have promised Shabazz at 9. The rumor came after his workout here, which he said, he felt like it was his best workout...the next day, he was scheduled for a workout with a team I can't remember, but he mysteriously had some injury just a day after working out for us that prevented him from working out with the other team.

Maybe Saunders did share words with Shabazz that led him to thinking we would draft him....which we did, just not where Shabazz may have originally thought.

vCash
    And with this pick, DWill's minutes keep dwindling.

Not a lot of room for him at PF, and now we draft a guy who will take minutes away from him at SF.

vCash
    Shabazz's character has become a question to some...but, I want to point out, that it is not his work ethic or competitive nature that has ever been questioned. In fact, those two things about him have been praised.

vCash

Not a lot of room for him at PF, and now we draft a guy who will take minutes away from him at SF.
    I slept on it and I come to see a bit of the point flip took Muhammad. Think of this...We still have sexy on the team. If we sign a FA 2...that guy will probably be the starter...eating minutes and then sexy will eat some too. So Muhammad is probably draft as a second and half to third SG for us? Why someone who even play some at SF? Maybe flip was thinking of AK/Chase not returning also? or Muhammad can be 3rd SF for us. Williams, I think he's going to stay cause we will sure need his scoring option now behind Love and Chase, maybe as the 6th man on the team?

vCash
    Muhammad was so cocky in that interview. Funny/sad to see his ego destroyed like that. He was projected as a 1st pick to start the season, than roller-coasted to mid-first round. And not receiving an invite to that green room must've made him bitter haha

Hope it drives him to work hard, and prove everyone wrong LOL

Wolves United

vCash
    Not very happy with this pick. While I understand turning 9 into 14/21 creates better value when you measure production historically, for the same money, I just am not high on Shabazz at all.

Here is hoping that I am wrong, as is every advanced statistic scout in the NBA.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    i dont mind this pick at all... he has two main flaws... is a bit selfish... which on a team who lacks a scorer may not be bad considering we have a point guard who is anemic from the floor... and he is kind of a volume scorer... which again, we have the best rebounding player in the league... ya i would we could have got wuts his face that was drafted at 8... but over all this is a good set of moves... try to save some money... even at the expense of ak... but seriously ak was only ever a stop gap... even buddinger had/has more upside there... i think this might work out a lot better than most think it will... we really do have some quality young core players... we need one more to finish the puzzle that has taken a decade to complete.

vCash
    Another weakness was he came in 15 pounds over weight and got in shape during the season for UCLA.Imo if he takes his conditioning seriously and gets his body fat from about 9 or 10% down to 5 or 6% he cuold take a big step forward.

vCash
    i think watching him and dwill inthe long run will be amazing.

vCash

Flip has made it clear that Shabazz will be playing at the SG spot and come off of the bench. Should be interesting - he will clearly have a chip on his shoulder and hopefully he will be the star type player most thought he would be. He does have a long way to go.

vCash
    most of our whole roster has a long way to go... but thing rubio... dwill and shabbaz in the long run in a few years will be a sick front court.. lets be real... love is ending in la sooner rather than later.

vCash
    I am really worried about one thing with him. He can't go right at all - and I mean at all.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast