Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Letang Rejects Offer, Counters @$8 million, full NTC

"Letang turns down 8 year offer from Pens, eyes close to $8 million per season, full NTC."

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...ull-ntc/59430/
    Last edited by joba2007; 06-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    Kiss 'em goodbye. Trade him to the Avs for the first round pick

vCash
    Rossi has it at 7.5 mill. I think we can do that. Problem is the desire for a full NTC. Man, we really need to keep him.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 9m
    #TribHKY Sorry, trying to rewrite story for print deadlines. Letang counters #pens offer, seeking $7.5 M annually. Story to update soon.

vCash
    Don't be silly, Shero.

A defenseman with his skillset at that in prime age is worth 7.5M. So you have to give him the NTC, BFD. Do it. No sense in biting off your nose to spite your face.

Only one thing to do and that's get 'er done.

vCash
    "Letang declined an eight-year contract that would have paid him around $54 million (total) late Thursday, sources told the Tribune-Review.

However, his agent, Kent Hughes, stressed Letang remains only interested in playing for the Penguins.

“We have exchanged offers,” Kent said in a text message. “But (we) have yet to reach an agreement.

“We have not quit.”

"Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 7m
    #TribHKY >> Latest on Letang turning down #pens, who have not decided on next move: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2XQEsqMSl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelenda View Post
    Kiss 'em goodbye. Trade him to the Avs for the first round pick
    Kiss winning the Cup next year goodbye, then. They have got to get this done.

vCash
    However this plays out, we'll manage.

Until Bylsma institues his abysmal system. Then, we are ****ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelenda View Post
    However this plays out, we'll manage.

Until Bylsma institues his abysmal system. Then, we are ****ed.

We cannot replace a 26 year old stud D who is a rare RH shot who can play offpoint and get puck from his forehand through the box down into right-wing circle for Malkin/Crosby offwing shot. Also can get return pass from those two and one-time it from left point, and sneak down into left-wing circle or high slot working off those two from their offwing side.

If he goes, we're screwed. This is one they have to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rudemechanical View Post
    We cannot replace a 26 year old stud D who is a rare RH shot who can play offpoint and get puck from his forehand through the box down into right-wing circle for Malkin/Crosby offwing shot. Also can get return pass from those two and one-time it from left point, and sneak down into left-wing circle or high slot working off those two from their offwing side.

If he goes, we're screwed. This is one they have to have.
    Don't forget the turnovers every other play. I agree we need him but not for 7.5 to 8 that is to much for him but we ****ed ourselves moving morrow like I said months ago now we are letang *****es and he can bend us over and take what he pleases.

vCash
    If Letang could run the power play like Gonchar did, I would say throw the money at him. But he hasn't demonstrated that ability. I would rather find a d-man that is more concerned with making MAF look better than an offensive defenseman that is looking to set up Sid and Geno. Offense didn't seem to be our problem this year (well until the Bruins series).
    Trade him to regain some picks lost trying to win this year, save money against the lowered cap, and bring up some of the stockpile of young defenseman. Not a bad situation to be in if you can't get the hometown discount.

vCash
    Well two things we trade him for best offer and hope martin and depress, who I am guessing gets a lot more ice time, can handle the offensive void left . WE use the saved money to improve the team in fa .

WE could offer him a one year deal and see if cap goes up and the work out long termdeal
    find some discipline and work ethic

vCash
    Apparently, the Leafs are #1 on his list and the Flyers are a close #2...

vCash
    Not really sure how I feel about it. Part of me thinks that this is a lot of money to throw at a guy who has quite a few defensive lapses and even more money in just a few players. That'd be what, 5 mil to Neal and Martin, 8ish for Letang, and then around 9 for Crosby and Malkin? Around 36 mil to 5 players?

The other part of me says that he is very valuable in this offensive system and is/should get better
    Let's Go Pens! - 16 Games Left

vCash
    TANGER FOR EIGHT MORE YEARS@!!!

58M! (strangely, his No.)

WOO-HOO!

GUINS WIN!