Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1116
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    For me personally, I always viewed the national anthem before games as a form of coming together as one. Thousands of people standing together united honoring this great country we live in.

And it definitely hits home when something bad has happened like the 911 attacks or the Boston marathon bombing....the floods in Houston and Florida. You see fans crying as the anthem is being sung and it makes you proud of being an American and you can empathize with the fans and the victims.

And when you can get someone that can bring the anthem to life like a Whitney Houston in SB XXV .....it doesn't get any better than that. ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISABLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. Now lets play some football. It gives you chills.

I'm not saying this country is perfect and without faults and sometimes....many times justice doesn't get carried out accordingly but IMO the national anthem is the one time we can all come together as AMERICANS.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I don't like taco bell. Nor any fast food. I eat mostly locally grown, or self grown/raised organic food.

Promise to keep it peaceful.
    Yeah fast food is rare these days and there dozens of great Mexican spots in SoCal but TB is a guilty pleasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    7-layer burrito

I don't know why, but I like the taste and how it cleans out my colon the next day.
    That's a solid choice.

For me it's all about the cheesy gordita crunch. Soft shell attached to a hard shell with melted cheese...every Mexican place should start doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That's a solid choice.

For me it's all about the cheesy gordita crunch. Soft shell attached to a hard shell with melted cheese...every Mexican place should start doing this.

Lol, we could only wish.

So I very very rarely watch college ball (like 2 games last season) and finally stopped to watch a game just now, Washington v Arz State. So I don't know how dumb this will sound having no college ball info, but...

Despite the score these WA RBs look pretty solid. But the Pettis kid at WR looks great. Routes look good and seems like a shifty NFL level slot guy who can play outside. Seems like a fit for us.

Also this DT on WA looks like a beast. Very Ngata/Wilfork ish. Seems like a Reese type of guy.

Nobody on Alex state really standing out but they're playing a good team effort game. Both QBs look pretty bad.

Don't know anything about this upcoming draft class other than people keep talking about that USC qb and the penn state RB.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So I very very rarely watch college ball (like 2 games last season) and finally stopped to watch a game just now, Washington v Arz State. So I don't know how dumb this will sound having no college ball info, but...

Despite the score these WA RBs look pretty solid. But the Pettis kid at WR looks great. Routes look good and seems like a shifty NFL level slot guy who can play outside. Seems like a fit for us.

Also this DT on WA looks like a beast. Very Ngata/Wilfork ish. Seems like a Reese type of guy.

Nobody on Alex state really standing out but they're playing a good team effort game. Both QBs look pretty bad.

Don't know anything about this upcoming draft class other than people keep talking about that USC qb and the penn state RB.

Amongst the receivers in next year's draft, Pettis might be the best route runner. He adjusts well and does a great job of getting open. He kinda reminds me of OUR Steve Smith. Not the fastest guy (although he reportedly ran a 4.39) who'll rely purely on speed to separate from his defenders but rather a savvy technician who will make those crucial catches on 3rd down. When you watch his highlights, you'll notice he has excellent footwork and is technically sound. He also has 8 career punt return TDs, making him IMO the best punt returner amongst the highly rated wideouts. I've read somewhere that scouts compared his style of play to Stefon Diggs. He's mostly projected as a 2nd to 3rd round pick but that obviously will change come draft day.

If Reese wants to draft DEs or DTs, fine by me, you can never have enough pass rushers and the more effective pass rushers we develop, the better. I firmly believe the game is won in the trenches and defensively that means having a good Dline. We need to find a pure pass rusher, someone to put in the rotation that will help the defense get off the field after a failed 3rd down conversion by the opponent. Can't always rely on our secondary to make plays. Notice that during both our SB runs, we had 3 excellent pass rushers. We haven't officially found a 3rd one yet. Okwara has shown a few flashes last season and just got IR'ed and Avery Moss should now have a bigger role on defense.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 10-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    Amongst the receivers in next year's draft, Pettis might be the best route runner. He adjusts well and does a great job of getting open. He kinda reminds me of OUR Steve Smith. Not the fastest guy (although he reportedly ran a 4.39) who'll rely purely on speed to separate from his defenders but rather a savvy technician who will make those crucial catches on 3rd down. When you watch his highlights, you'll notice he has excellent footwork and is technically sound. He also has 8 career punt return TDs, making him IMO the best punt returner amongst the highly rated wideouts. I've read somewhere that scouts compared his style of play to Stefon Diggs. He's mostly projected as a 2nd to 3rd round pick but that obviously will change come draft day.

If Reese wants to draft DEs or DTs, fine by me, you can never have enough pass rushers and the more effective pass rushers we develop, the better. I firmly believe the game is won in the trenches and defensively that means having a good Dline. We need to find a pure pass rusher, someone to put in the rotation that will help the defense get off the field after a failed 3rd down conversion by the opponent. Can't always rely on our secondary to make plays. Notice that during both our SB runs, we had 3 excellent pass rushers. We haven't officially found a 3rd one yet. Okwara has shown a few flashes last season and just got IR'ed and Avery Moss should now have a bigger role on defense.
    Yeah agreed, still looking for that magically 3rd pass rusher. Wynn is a solid all around guy, but much more like Tolly used to be. Moss looked pretty good last game. He's the #1 guy I'm looking for this week. And on a related note, how the **** have we not retired 91? I mean its tough with a team thats been around this long, you end up losing too many numbers, but ****....91!

So. Protest the giants while paying them for a parking pass? Lol no thanks.

Wonder when the Draft Thread will be posted

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    So. Protest the giants while paying them for a parking pass? Lol no thanks.
    hahaha good point.

What’s up with the Empire State building displaying Patriots and Eagles colors? Do they do this every year before the SB?

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I've been a Giants fan for 34 years. I think most of you guys are younger or just becoming Giants fans. The Giants haven't always been good. In fact they were very bad, and a doormat to most NFL teams in the 70's and early 80's. If not for Bill Parcells and his tough minded approach and attitude to winning, we would be in the same boat as the Cleveland Browns right now. Still hanging on to Frank Gifford and those guys from the 60's.

Based on what I've witnessed as a fan, HC that thrive in NY had to have backbone, an edge, attitude, a mental toughness about him in order for our teams to be successful. It's a fact. Parcells had it, Handley didn't, Reeves and Fassil were very good, they had some sort of edge, well IMO they wasn't hated, they did OK. Coughlin had it.....McAdoo didn't.

But had it not been for Parcells I don't know where we would be right now as a franchise. I hope this new coach can bring it to NY because realistically, that's what its going to take to keep the tradition going here.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I've been a Giants fan for 34 years. I think most of you guys are younger or just becoming Giants fans. The Giants haven't always been good. In fact they were very bad, and a doormat to most NFL teams in the 70's and early 80's. If not for Bill Parcells and his tough minded approach and attitude to winning, we would be in the same boat as the Cleveland Browns right now. Still hanging on to Frank Gifford and those guys from the 60's.

Based on what I've witnessed as a fan, HC that thrive in NY had to have backbone, an edge, attitude, a mental toughness about him in order for our teams to be successful. It's a fact. Parcells had it, Handley didn't, Reeves and Fassil were very good, they had some sort of edge, well IMO they wasn't hated, they did OK. Coughlin had it.....McAdoo didn't.

But had it not been for Parcells I don't know where we would be right now as a franchise. I hope this new coach can bring it to NY because realistically, that's what its going to take to keep the tradition going here.
    Well said.

For all you Thursday night football haters, things are not looking good...

Way too much money at stake.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...t-five-seasons

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    For all you Thursday night football haters, things are not looking good...

Way too much money at stake.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...t-five-seasons
    Ugh **** it. Let's just do Tuesday Night games too, expand the schedule to 50 games. Let's get a bunch of exhausted brain dead players in a 3-3 OT game on a Tuesday.

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast