Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Robinson

vCash

Thomas Robinson

This is basically the idea that if Carl Landry opts out of his contract and leaves, should we take up the idea of getting Thomas Robinson (who the rockets are looking to get rid of) from the Rockets?

vCash
    Just FYI: Carl Landry has opted out to become a free agent.

I like this idea really. Our priorities this off season is to replace Jack, Landry, and temporary solution for Ezeili since he's nursing off season surgery. If Robinson was more developed we could "kill two birds with one stone" in terms of replacing Landry and Ezeili.

Robinson could definitely earn some playing time here, but from what I've seen this past season he's still very raw. I don't know if he would make an immediate impact if we were to acquire him. Though that isn't to say he doesn't have tremendous upside.

In addition I'm not quite sure what we could offer for Robinson since we don't have a pick in either rounds. It wouldn't take much to acquire him financially since he's still on his rookie contract. I'm not sure what Houston wants for him.

vCash
    If we Trob, it's not to replace Landry. He'd be a high upside project.

vCash
    Houston is looking to shed his contract to make a run at Chris Paul and Dwight Howard at the same time, so they'll be looking for draft picks and its seems as if the lower the better since that means less salary. Unfortunately, since the Warriors are over the cap, they won't be able take on Robinson's $3.5M without giving away some of theirs which would defeat the whole purpose of the Rockets trading away Robinson.

vCash
    I'm sure what we could give them... the only guys we are jumping to trade would be Jefferson or Beans, and both have huge contracts that I doubt the Rockets want to/could take on.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 49-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 8-4 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    We could buy a pick and trade it to em and send them a d league contract. Do we have a trade exception I won't look right now

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninhmeister View Post
    Just FYI: Carl Landry has opted out to become a free agent.

I like this idea really. Our priorities this off season is to replace Jack, Landry, and temporary solution for Ezeili since he's nursing off season surgery. If Robinson was more developed we could "kill two birds with one stone" in terms of replacing Landry and Ezeili.

Robinson could definitely earn some playing time here, but from what I've seen this past season he's still very raw. I don't know if he would make an immediate impact if we were to acquire him. Though that isn't to say he doesn't have tremendous upside.

In addition I'm not quite sure what we could offer for Robinson since we don't have a pick in either rounds. It wouldn't take much to acquire him financially since he's still on his rookie contract. I'm not sure what Houston wants for him.

You make some excellent points man, but I don't believe he would be a replacement for Landry AND Ezeil. I believe we would need to look elsewhere for a center. And I was not completely sure how we would get Robinson as well, unless the rockets were willing to take a draft pick from overseas from us, (basically a pick that will never play in the nba), that we have made in the past. But, again, I am not sure if that is possible. Thank you for your analysis though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Houston is looking to shed his contract to make a run at Chris Paul and Dwight Howard at the same time, so they'll be looking for draft picks and its seems as if the lower the better since that means less salary. Unfortunately, since the Warriors are over the cap, they won't be able take on Robinson's $3.5M without giving away some of theirs which would defeat the whole purpose of the Rockets trading away Robinson.
    If we lose out on both Landry and Jack, are you sure we would still be over the salary cap?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    We could buy a pick and trade it to em and send them a d league contract. Do we have a trade exception I won't look right now
    Interesting idea. Kind of complex I think, but I would love if something like that happened.

vCash
    suggested him like a month ago. new booties dont read threads..and this is assuming theyve been reading for a long time.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    and hes something to look at, but nothing to focus at.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Championship winning move.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    He hasn't shown that he's anything special yet. He was my favorite player in last years draft though, so I'm rooting for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGuy30 View Post
    If we lose out on both Landry and Jack, are you sure we would still be over the salary cap?
    As it stands, Jack is a free agent and his salary won't be on the new payroll. Carl Landry has opted out of his $4M contract which brings the Warriors' 2013/14 payroll to $70.8M so to answer your question...yes, they'll still be over the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    As it stands, Jack is a free agent and his salary won't be on the new payroll. Carl Landry has opted out of his $4M contract which brings the Warriors' 2013/14 payroll to $70.8M so to answer your question...yes, they'll still be over the cap.
    Okay. Thank you for clearing that up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast