Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SS trade option

vCash

SS trade option

Since we travis d'arnaud coming up and have John Buck do you think we can move Buck and maybe Tejeda for a guy like eduardo nunez from the yankees. They could use a catcher and we would have a decent option at SS for the future.

vCash
    cant field a lick, no thanks

vCash

SS trade option

Traid for Jose Iglesias or his father Julio.

vCash
    I would keep an eye on the Red Sox who are down to one catcher. Not sure what prospects the Sox have but they certainly could use another catcher and Parnell would really help their struggling bullpen.

vCash
    Don't know that we put Parnell on the block, but with some of the arms in the pen lately, who knows. Latroy Hawkins is definitely out next year. At least Josh Edgin is finally performing, I think it was good for him to go through the bumps in the road this year and hopefully that makes him better for our future pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFlunky View Post
    Don't know that we put Parnell on the block, but with some of the arms in the pen lately, who knows. Latroy Hawkins is definitely out next year. At least Josh Edgin is finally performing, I think it was good for him to go through the bumps in the road this year and hopefully that makes him better for our future pen.
    With the continue rotation of closers in this league I would never trust Parnell. Mets fans need to come to the realization that you have to give up something to get something and nobody is buying garbage (not to mention, hype).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    I would keep an eye on the Red Sox who are down to one catcher. Not sure what prospects the Sox have but they certainly could use another catcher and Parnell would really help their struggling bullpen.
    They still have Napoli stashed at 1B. Carp has been raking too, they probably have enough moving parts at 1B/DH to have Naploli catch if they had to.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    They still have Napoli stashed at 1B. Carp has been raking too, they probably have enough moving parts at 1B/DH to have Naploli catch if they had to.
    I think the hip condition rules out catching. It was reported earlier that:
    Napoli will catch only if the Red Sox run out of receivers during a game, and the only alternative would be to use a non-catcher behind the plate
    http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index...ke_napoli.html

Part of a game, yes. Otherwise, probably not.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    What would it take to get Chris Owings from Arizona?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    What would it take to get Chris Owings from Arizona?
    They have holes at 2B and closer, so...I think that's the answer you seek.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Aaron Hill should be off the DL.
    But they also have an opening at 3b.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Traid for Jose Iglesias or his father Julio.
    With Drew in his walk year, on the wrong side of 30 and carrying a slash line of .225/.310./383, Iglesias is the heir apparent for his job in 2014. Paying JI 500K is far more palatable than sitting down with Scott Boras and discussing 4/5 years at 10/12 M per.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Boston radio (in-between the Bruins rehab talk) mentioned Napoli can't bend behind the plate anymore. They also mentioned that both the Sox and Tigers were talking to the Phillies about Papelbon. If their in the market for an RP/Closer and need a catcher, the Mets have both. Just saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib8 View Post
    With Drew in his walk year, on the wrong side of 30 and carrying a slash line of .225/.310./383, Iglesias is the heir apparent for his job in 2014. Paying JI 500K is far more palatable than sitting down with Scott Boras and discussing 4/5 years at 10/12 M per.
    Bogaerts is the future redsox ss

vCash
    No point in dealing for Iglesias unless you got him for nothing. Besides, long term I don't view Iglesias as a great improvement over Tejada. Would rather hold onto our prospects in hopes of a bigger deal in the next 2 years.

We would be better served signing a stop-gap SS like Stephen drew on a 1 year deal with an option, and then developing a long term solution though the minors in the next 3-4 years. Options include Cecchini, and possibly Trea Turner in next year's draft.

If we want to focus on turning this team around the keys will be trading for an outfielder with the contract and talent of Alex Rios, then signing another OF like Choo in the offseason. It allows us to be competitive in the short term while allowing us to stockpile talent in the minors for when we are 1 bat away.

This team is meant to be slightly better than .500 next year shooting for a wild card, and then a contender in 2015 if we play our cards properly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast