vCash
    that was quick. It OJ all over again

w/o the Bronco chase
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    They didn't even let anything play out..... BB is not messing around
    Let me sum it as written by El Pres

The message couldn’t be clearer from Foxborough. If you murder a guy you will not be welcome in New England anymore. Once again the Patriots are a beacon of hope for the rest of the NFL and for earth. Too many teams like the Baltimore Ravens have brushed aside capital crimes in favor of winning games. They have embraced felons like Ray Lewis because Ray Lewis helps win games. Not here in New England. Not here. If you kill a guy you’re done. If you’re involved in a Murder Investigation you’re done. If you obstruct justice in a murder case you’re done. That **** may fly in Baltimore and Dallas but not in New England where honor and integrity still matter. What a message for the kids!!!! The New England Patriots will not tolerate murder. Amen! The Patriot way indeed.

#BostonStrong

vCash
    cant really blame them here, although they ar epretty weak in the reciever department now
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Kudos to the Patriots if this is true. Goodell will definitely give him a year off regardless of what happens.

vCash
    Picking up Ballard looks like a ****ing brilliant move right now

#BostonStrong

vCash
    I wonder if his contract had any clauses to protect them w his history at Florida.

9. 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM
    Reason
    Inappropriate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    HooAhh!

vCash
    The message couldn’t be clearer from Foxborough. If you murder a guy you will not be welcome in New England anymore. Once again the Patriots are a beacon of hope for the rest of the NFL and for earth. Too many teams like the Baltimore Ravens have brushed aside capital crimes in favor of winning games. They have embraced felons like Ray Lewis because Ray Lewis helps win games. Not here in New England. Not here. If you kill a guy you’re done. If you’re involved in a Murder Investigation you’re done. If you obstruct justice in a murder case you’re done. That **** may fly in Baltimore and Dallas but not in New England where honor and integrity still matter. What a message for the kids!!!! The New England Patriots will not tolerate murder. Amen! The Patriot way indeed.
    Wasn't Donte Stallworth on their roster last season?

vCash
    But they kept him around after he shot the first guy that is still alive and they still draft guys like Brandon Spikes. They knw AH was a thug, even the Pats players made comments about it, but the Pats still gave him a new contract and it just bit them in the ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post
    He was, I thought of that about 4 seconds after I posted this

whooooosh

#BostonStrong

vCash
    I'm kinda bothered they didn't let it play out, if he is innocent they look retarded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post
    Indeed he was, but while that certainly does directly contradict that little blurb, I wouldn't say that it was a comparable situation to this one. Stallworth did something incredibly awful (DUI manslaughter), but seemed to handle it in the most responsible way possible.

"Overshadowed, though, is what Stallworth did after it was clear he had accidentally killed a man with his car. He ordered his lawyers to accept a plea deal that convicted him of a felony even when evidence showed he had an excellent chance of being found innocent. He said Reyes’ death was enough of his fault that there shouldn’t be a trial and Reyes’ family shouldn’t have to sit in a courthouse and relive his death all over again.

Over and over, members of Stallworth’s elite team of attorneys shouted at him to fight the charges. They said there was no way to prove who was at fault. Reyes, after all, dashed across a busy freeway to catch a bus near a green light that rarely turns red. There was other evidence, never released to the public, Boucher said, that the lawyers wanted to give that would aid Stallworth’s case. Still he said no.

“The irony,” said one of Stallworth’s attorneys, David Cornwell, “is that a lot of the media and public was angry with the deal that he took. And the thing they wanted, for him to go to trial, was the thing he was trying to avoid for the family.”
    "
    -Yahoo Sports

None of that can obviously make up for the fact that he killed somebody, obviously, but I'd say there is a clear difference between what Stallworth did (accidental murder, embracing his punishment and showing clear remorse) and what Hernandez seems to have been involved in (murder, obstruction of justice).
    Last edited by X12Celtics3; 06-26-2013 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Double post, please delete.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast