Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

So when will the Pistons start to make moves...or will they?

I'm not clear on when the NBA allows the start of trades, signing of free agents, etc... so when can the Joe D start to make the moves he needs to? There are several teams trying to give up their 1st round picks and with out two seconds I think we are a perfect fit for a trade with those teams. When can he do that? Also, when does FA start for the NBA? There are several nice RFA out there but I'm wondering the pros-cons on that play. Are the teams holding the rights in a better position to sign them than us giving them an offer? Any help on the board for these questions?

Last item, do you think Joe will be active, very active, or not active at all?

vCash
    Draft night is when it all starts to shake up.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    July 1st is start of free agency. Moves should start tomorrow during the draft and I expect joe to be active.

vCash
    Goodwill said this yesterday-

Teams have to spend 90 percent of their cap by the season opener, by virtue of the CBA, so I'd expect there to be some significant work done this offseason
    Plus, Dumars contract ends next year. If he puts out another 27 win team he knows he wont be back.
    Last edited by Gators123; 06-26-2013 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Yeah this should be the busiest offseason for us in a long time. I'm not gonna lie, once I knew we wernt a playoff team I couldnt wait for the season to end so we can get into the future. Im really hoping we make a move tomorrow.

vCash
    Joe D has to make trades. This roster won't be good enough for the playoffs. I see him shaking a bunch of things up. I have a feeling Stuckey or Knight gets traded tomorrow.

vCash
    Still don't want to make a move just to make a move.

Joe is in a tough spot. He needs to continue to build through the draft but make the playoffs at the same time.

Hopefully we are at least active

vCash
    I agree: draft day is probably when it really starts. Right now everyone is doing their homework with the draft.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if Joe barely did anything. That just seems to be the way it always goes, get my hopes up to see some moves & nothing happens.

vCash
    Yeah I'm not expecting much