Around the NBA: 2013 Offseason Edition
This is a place to talk about other moves going on in the NBA that don't directly affect the Sixers. I know there's the NBA forum for that, but it's good to have a place for the guys in here to talk to each-other about this stuff without getting dragged into the main forum homerism hell-hole.
Previous thread here:
Here are some rumors I've been reading about over the last day or so:
- The Cavs have offered the 19th pick for Thomas Robinson... We'll see if Houston bites.
- Celtics have a sign and trade offer ready for Josh Smith if they part with Paul Pierce.
- The Nets have inquired about Kevin Garnett
- The Thunder offered Kendrick Perkins, the 12th pick, and the 29th pick to Cleveland for the first overall pick.
- The Cavaliers offered the Timberwolves Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and the #1 overall pick for Kevin Love.
- The Cavaliers offered the 19th and 1st overall picks for LaMarcus Aldridge.
- The Celtics will try and trade Paul Pierce before the end of this week, Bucks and Cavaliers are most interested
- The Cavaliers are now leaning towards drafting Len overall and passing on Noel
- The Bulls & Wizards had discussed a trade that would send Luol Deng to the Wizards for the 3rd pick & Emeka Okafor... But that fizzled out.
I think if minny turned that down, they made a mistake.
I don't get the C's josh Smith idea.
I only give the Cavs Len the only rumor with weight.
WATCHING MY SIXERS LIKE:
He and rondo played together at oak hill.
Forgot to mention, here's a great resource for free agency, trade, and draft rumors - NBA Legion:
- The Bulls are shopping Rip Hamilton, and no one is interested (obviously)
- The Bobcats are shopping MKG for the right deal, they are most interested in a high draft pick
- The Blazers are highly likely to go after a RFA big man, either Splitter or Pekovic. But I doubt the Wolves let Pek go.
In his chat today, ford says MKG rumor is completely false.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me that they'd give up on him so quickly. He may never be great, but he's still a solid prospect with good potential and a good young asset.
Originally Posted by
Bulls have offered the 20th overall pick for Thomas Robinson...
Looks like he'll be gone for a late teens/early twenties pick.
For some reason the Celtics seem enamored by pairing Rondo and Josh Smith. That's not gonna scare anyone, but as a fan of a rival team, I hope they go for it haha. Unless they have a plan to get a 3rd superstar on the team who's better than both Rondo and Smith, that's not a contending combo in my eyes.
Rondo, green, and smith seem like an exciting brand of ball. Don't know about winning, but fun in the open court.
Rondo and Smith oon the court together could build a new arena with all the bricks they throw up
apparently if the Bulls get Robinson they intend to flip him. Man gotta feel for this kid a little bit if that happens
I disagree. If they are going to deal Love they should do it for picks in next years loaded draft. They will get a monster return for Love next summer if they decide to deal him.
Originally Posted by
Rondo, Smoove, Garnett(if he doesn't retire) with Green, Bradley, Crawford, Bass and Terry could compete with knicks/Nets for the Atlantic division.