Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Phillips on paternity leave

The transaction and roster pages of Reds.com (which I have no control over) showed that 2B Brandon Phillips was been placed on the paternity list on Monday. It’s still early in the day Tuesday out here in the Bay Area and the club has yet to make any official announcement of a roster move. Nor, has a corresponding move been revealed.

I also suspect a not surprising second roster move is coming to activate Chris Heisey, who the team wanted back from the disabled list for the series vs. Oakland. Nothing out on that yet either. I will keep you posted, of course.

**UPDATE: Reds sent an email saying “Brandon Phillips is away from the team on a private personal matter.” — no announcement of a roster move as of yet.

**UPDATE No. 2: Phillips is expected to rejoin the Reds in Texas on Friday. INF Henry Rodriguez called up from Triple-A Louisville to replace Phillips.

MLB created the paternity leave list in 2011. A player placed on this list can miss at least one game and up to three games.
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2013/...ternity-leave/

Congrats to Phillips if he is indeed a father now!

vCash
    I've been wondering for a while now, is Henry Rodriguez capable of playing SS?

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    No I think he is more of 2B, 3B I don't believe he can play Short Stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I've been wondering for a while now, is Henry Rodriguez capable of playing SS?
    Not sure. We only need him a couple day though.

vCash
    I was asking more in terms of him replacing Izturis on the bench.

''Sig by Johnle''