Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Starting at Center

I'm not a Heat fan at all (in fact, I am opposed to how the built their team because I think it is bad for the league), but this free agency period has some interesting options for the Heat to finally fill the spot that they have been struggling at. The Pacer and Spurs exposed the Heats underbelly in the post season and some would suggest that the Heat needed more than a little luck (and some bad coaching decisions on the part of Vogel and Pop) to win those series. Bottom line is the Heat earned it. But they now know how serious an issue the center spot is.

This year Samuel Dalembert (still one of the best rebounders in the league) and Chris Kaman (still a double-digit rebounder with enough minutes) both hi free agency and likely won't be getting any huge offers from other teams. Might one (or both) of these guys be willing to take apay cut to play with the Heat? If not, both Zaza Pachulia and Joel Pryzbella are available and both are solid rotation players for center.

Should the Heat be targeting these guys? And if they land any two of them, will that mean the 3-peat is locked up barring injury?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    2 is incredibly unlikely. I think realistically they will sign 1 big man for the tax payers exception. Try to re-up birman at minimum.

Wild card is Greg Oden. Is he willing to sign in Miami at the minimum? If he is, this is undoubtedly his best opportunity to restore any semblance of a career. Not expected to play big minutes, can ease into work load, fills a need and gets to play with a star cast to help him maximize production.

vCash
    IF we keep Bosh then Kaman and Oden would be great pick ups

and yes , infact lock a 3 peat barring injury

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Don't "lock" a 3 peat! With teams getting healthy. Miami will have it tough during this next season to win it all.

To the topic I think you keep bosh & go after Oden. Resign birdman & that should be enough.

vCash
    Kaman would be the best option, just think he is out of our price range. Dally would obviously be nice but we thought we had him last year, not getting hopes up. Someone here mentioned Mosgov, which I think would be awesome. Young, has a respectable mid range shot and can get some rebounds.

Pryzbilla is another Dampier, etc and just wouldn't be a good fit.

Resigning Birdman is a MUST.

The other option is Oden. If our doctors check him out and like what they see, I'm all for it. When watching the heat parade, they kept talking about how close knit all these guys are and how it's a family enviornment and I think that's what Greg needs to rejuvenate his career.

Another option is trading Cole/Chalmers for a C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'm not a Heat fan at all (in fact, I am opposed to how the built their team because I think it is bad for the league), but this free agency period has some interesting options for the Heat to finally fill the spot that they have been struggling at. The Pacer and Spurs exposed the Heats underbelly in the post season and some would suggest that the Heat needed more than a little luck (and some bad coaching decisions on the part of Vogel and Pop) to win those series. Bottom line is the Heat earned it. But they now know how serious an issue the center spot is.

This year Samuel Dalembert (still one of the best rebounders in the league) and Chris Kaman (still a double-digit rebounder with enough minutes) both hi free agency and likely won't be getting any huge offers from other teams. Might one (or both) of these guys be willing to take apay cut to play with the Heat? If not, both Zaza Pachulia and Joel Pryzbella are available and both are solid rotation players for center.

Should the Heat be targeting these guys? And if they land any two of them, will that mean the 3-peat is locked up barring injury?
    Nicely written...

HEAT will go after Kaman... Why you ask... He was the 6th pick in the 2003 draft; right after Wade. The reason I bring this up is because, if the HEAT win it all next year; 5 out of the top 6 picks would have won a championship but 1.

Melo ...

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Pachulia is a double-digit rebounder with starting minutes and he is young (only 28). The Hawks haven't givne him many minutes, but he has proven he can go in there and bang with the best of them and he knows how to get under players skin. Przybilla got next to no minutes with the Bucks last year, but he's only 33 and a double-digit rebounder. I don't image at his age there will be many teams chasing him, so bring him in for the vet min would be a great move because he could rebound the ball very well. I think the Heat, if they pursued them, could pick up either of these guys for the vet min.

As for the MLE, I think it may be a little harder to pick up Kaman or Dalembert, but it may be possible to talk one of the two into taking a pay cut. Guys want to win. Period. I think both of these guys would love a chance to play for a contender. They are both great players who have been over looked playing for $#!TTY teams and I think playing for the Heat would get them the recognition they deserve.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtirado16 View Post
    Don't "lock" a 3 peat! With teams getting healthy. Miami will have it tough during this next season to win it all.

To the topic I think you keep bosh & go after Oden. Resign birdman & that should be enough.
    to me it locks it

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    I would love Greg Oden for vet min but not for the MLE. He'll just take Juwan Howard's spot (we can easily afford to have someone who doesn't play at all). So it's a low risk, high reward type of deal.

I probably wouldn't spend the MLE for Dalembert as well. Dude had his chance 2 years ago but went for the money. Now if he wants a second chance then come take the vet min or gtfo.

Pachulia would be a perfect addition to this team but I am afraid he'll cost more than vet min.

I have a strong feeling Miami is not gonna use the MLE at all to save money (since Riley sounded like he's not amnestying Mike Miller). They wanna keep the exact same team next year except probably a vet min center who takes Juwan's spot. If they do wanna use the MLE I would love to see them go for Chris Kaman.
    Last edited by naps; 06-27-2013 at 02:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18:26521721
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtirado16 View Post

to me it locks it
    Why do you say that? The Heat have holes to fill. Indiana is going no where. DRose is coming back. The Thunder with Weatbrook are gonna be there. Its very hard to 3peat. Don't see Miami doing it. They definitely could.. But its for sure not a lock

vCash
    ^ It's certainly not a lock but it's more of a lock if Miami can land a starting caliber center who can provide 9/10 a game and has a nice offensive touch.

vCash
    Dalembert or Kaman.. then Andersen resigns.. trade Anthony for 2nd rd pick..

vCash
    i actually think andersen takes the mid level exception and not the min. yes he seemed happy here but now he has a ring. and he will want a similar role upon his return, not to have to compete for floor time with another big man. as it was he had a DNP coaches desicion or 2 last playoffs. that and the fact he knows this might be his last chance to cash in coming off a good year, he'll take the 3.2 mil from miami and combine it with the 4.8 he still gets this year from denver to make a good haul and stay where he's happy and valued here in miami with a few more shots at a 2nd title.
    Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 07-08-2013 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    We really need someone on the team with the potential to stop Hibbert and Noah.
    Oden is that guy.