Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question The "Split Acquisition" complex...

So, basically the Clippers found a loophole around the CBA and Doc will be headed to LA. Despite the "can't trade players for coaches" clause in the CBA, they found a way to "trade a pick for releasing rights to a coach," but no matter how you look at it, this just goes to show how easy it is to circumvent the CBA rules.

Not that it matters to us... or does it?

So a while back it was "Dwight wants to play with Paul, and Paul wants to play with Dwight," and there was a story about how the Rockets will try to make a run at both big fish free agents. Fast-forward a day or two, and a story followed that Paul might stay in LA if he has some say in who the next HC will be.

Now it appears he got his way. Kudos for LA for brokering that deal.

What does this do for the Rockets? Well... we're still going to make a case to grab Howard - great. I still visualize a front court of Howard at the 5 and Asik at the 4, and Smith being able to cover either/or as a backup.

So now, if Paul is a shoe-in to stay in LA, who do we pair Howard with in an acquisition package?

How about this...

Jarrett Jack.

In this "Split acquisition" we basically pull a S&T deal with Golden State for Jack, and they get Lin. Why Lin? Why *not* Lin? San Fran has one of the largest China-towns in the country, and it'd be a great marketing gimmick for them.

It could look like a starting 5 of...

Howard
    Asik
    Parsons
    Harden
    Jack

What say you? Can it be done? Should it be done? Wouldn't that leave us quite a bit of cap room to pick up another FA as well?
    Last edited by Snakeyestx; 06-24-2013 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    I don't like it, I rather keep Lin and keep marketing for us (Rockets games aren't exactly full) and he's younger and could be better. Can we try to get Anderson from Orlando somehow? I'd love to him him stretching the floor for us.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Anderson
    Howard
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Doesn't make much sense for either side. Lin isn't very good but Jack is old and not a starting calibur PG

Hopefully, the opening day roster will look like

PG: Beverly
    SG: Harden
    SF: Parsons
    PF: Howard
    C: Asik

Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    I don't like it, I rather keep Lin and keep marketing for us (Rockets games aren't exactly full) and he's younger and could be better. Can we try to get Anderson from Orlando somehow? I'd love to him him stretching the floor for us.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Anderson
    Howard
    DO you mean Anderson from New Orleans?
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Doesn't make much sense for either side. Lin isn't very good but Jack is old and not a starting calibur PG

Yea brain fart I forgot he's in N.O
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    So we have 1 poster wanting old *** KG and 1 wanting an old *** Jack.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    So we have 1 poster wanting old *** KG and 1 wanting an old *** Jack.
    Our weakness this year was at the 4 was it not? And at remaining consistent and finishing games. kG is a veteran with a couple of solid years left in him. He can hit the 17 footer and play D. Answer at the 4 with Dwight at C and a veteran leader.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

So trade Lin or use him as our 6th man. I'd say hell no to Jack. Garnett at least filled a need. Jack has proven time and time again he isn't a starter and some team is about to rediscover that fact

vCash
    I think if you could get 8-10 seasons from Jack or Nate Robinson, you do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    I think if you could get 8-10 seasons from Jack or Nate Robinson, you do it.
    You have to be joking? 8-10 seasons of Jack or Nate? Hell no. Id rather let Lin and Beverley develop. Nate Robinson is an even worse defender than Jeremy Lin and Jack isnt much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    You have to be joking? 8-10 seasons of Jack or Nate? Hell no. Id rather let Lin and Beverley develop. Nate Robinson is an even worse defender than Jeremy Lin and Jack isnt much better.
    Ya Nate is 31 and jack is 29. What exactly do they bring to this team? Obviously not veteran leadership so just being old? This is just getting beyond ridiculous. I know basketball is over but let's at least think about the player we're asking for before we post about them

vCash
    Nate at 41

vCash
    Juwon Howard just won a ring. He can be our 6th man along with these great signings.

Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili, KG, Perkins.

This is what some of you sound like each and every day on here with your stupid proposals and ideas.

vCash
    Dennis Rodman can be our coach. He's got championship experience and we can bring in Allen Iverson and tmac to tutor Harden and Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Juwon Howard just won a ring. He can be our 6th man along with these great signings.

Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili, KG, Perkins.

This is what some of you sound like each and every day on here with your stupid proposals and ideas.
    Thats a brutal way to describe how this forum has been lately haha

vCash
    I want to know how trading Asik for Garnett is not a good move? I know he's old but Asik can not play the 4 , who will be our power forward? Also who is that veteran leader that ever contender must have to contend? We don't have that. Garnett can still score and defend better than any option we have at the 4 and he brings in CHAMPIONSHIP experience.
    Last edited by rockets-fan; 06-24-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    Texans Time is here!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast