Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,594
    vCash
    8600

    New Head Coach discussion

    Let's get some discussion out of the Doc thread

    Thoughts on Shaw or Hollins?

    want a laugh? http://thatnbalotterypick.com/antoin...es-on-twitter/


    #BostonStrong

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,866
    vCash
    1500
    I would like to see Shaw get a shot in Boston...

    I don't think Rondo will mesh well with Hollins...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,384
    vCash
    1500
    Jackie M says what I've been saying for over a week.

    A talented/sharp NBA Asst. No re-treads. No college guys. It will be cheap, and if they suck or we want to brand the reboot on them - you have a cheap scapegoat. No way we are bringing in an expensive "name" like Karl, and even Hollins/Shaw are probably too expensive, or too smart and can smell the dead rat this team will be in the next 3-4 years - at least.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Jackie M says what I've been saying for over a week.

    A talented/sharp NBA Asst. No re-treads. No college guys. It will be cheap, and if they suck or we want to brand the reboot on them - you have a cheap scapegoat. No way we are bringing in an expensive "name" like Karl, and even Hollins/Shaw are probably too expensive, or too smart and can smell the dead rat this team will be in the next 3-4 years - at least.
    Maybe Hollins, but for Shaw this could be a good chance for him... He's a Celtic, Boston is not Sacramento or Charlotte and he will at least have some decent talent when Rondo comes back...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,384
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Maybe Hollins, but for Shaw this could be a good chance for him... He's a Celtic, Boston is not Sacramento or Charlotte and he will at least have some decent talent when Rondo comes back...
    Shaw is a long way/time away from being a Celt.

    Rondo with a team missing KG and PP and Doc (on the floor and off the floor - at least) isn't decent talent - just being better than the 5-6 bottom feeders of the NBA doesn't mean much.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,594
    vCash
    8600
    but guys what about Antonine Walker!


    #BostonStrong

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,864
    vCash
    1500
    what about cassell? I think he will be cheap and is waiting for an opportunity

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    8,937
    vCash
    1700
    I'd go with a new coach who has been an assistant up until now...but not Brian Shaw bc he is a douche and ****ed the C's over back in the 80's.....
    El Presidente

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    8,937
    vCash
    1700
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    what about cassell? I think he will be cheap and is waiting for an opportunity
    I think he'd be a great fit.
    El Presidente

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Maybe Hollins, but for Shaw this could be a good chance for him... He's a Celtic, Boston is not Sacramento or Charlotte and he will at least have some decent talent when Rondo comes back...
    Sorry, what? I don't know the story too well, but from what I can tell he was drafted by Boston, left to play in Italy, came back and signed a 5 year deal, and then ended up losing a legal dispute over whether or not he'd be allowed to ditch the Celtics in favor of Italy again. He played his final four years with the Lakers, as opposed to playing just over two seasons in Boston, and won championships in three of those four years (one of which was against Larry Bird's Pacers while he was head coach)... and then became a Lakers assistant, being a part of two more championship teams, one of which beat the Celtics in a seven game series. Overall he was with the Celtics on and off for about four years and with the Lakers as a player and coach for a decade.

    None of which matters at all in terms of him coming here, of course, but not only would I not call him a Celtic, I'd probably have to call him a Laker based on his career thus far.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post
    Sorry, what? I don't know the story too well, but from what I can tell he was drafted by Boston, left to play in Italy, came back and signed a 5 year deal, and then ended up losing a legal dispute over whether or not he'd be allowed to ditch the Celtics in favor of Italy again. He played his final four years with the Lakers, as opposed to playing just over two seasons in Boston, and won championships in three of those four years (one of which was against Larry Bird's Pacers while he was head coach)... and then became a Lakers assistant, being a part of two more championship teams, one of which beat the Celtics in a seven game series. Overall he was with the Celtics on and off for about four years and with the Lakers as a player and coach for a decade.

    None of which matters at all in terms of him coming here, of course, but not only would I not call him a Celtic, I'd probably have to call him a Laker based on his career thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I'd go with a new coach who has been an assistant up until now...but not Brian Shaw bc he is a douche and ****ed the C's over back in the 80's.....
    I guess Bird didn't hold any grudges when he hired him for the Pacers coaching staff in 2011...

    What grudges or issues could DA or Wyc possibly have with Shaw...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,594
    vCash
    8600
    You guys need to look past that stuff.

    Is shaw a good fit as a head coach? the answer is yes


    #BostonStrong

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    8,937
    vCash
    1700
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I guess Bird didn't hold any grudges when he hired him for the Pacers coaching staff in 2011...

    What grudges or issues could DA or Wyc possibly have with Shaw...???
    The fact that he tried to **** the C's over back in the late 80's
    El Presidente

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,540
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    but guys what about Antonine Walker!
    100 times yes!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I guess Bird didn't hold any grudges when he hired him for the Pacers coaching staff in 2011...

    What grudges or issues could DA or Wyc possibly have with Shaw...???
    As I mentioned at the end of my post, none of that stuff has any relevance in regards to whether or not he'd be a good fit here. I was just disagreeing with somebody else stating that his being a "Celtic" was a reason that he should come here; there are a lot of reasons that people might think he would or would not be a good fit here, but that particular point is not one of them.

    Edit: Sorry, that somebody was actually you, I clearly was not paying attention when I wrote this post.
    Last edited by X12Celtics3; 06-24-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •