Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade pieces or Mets future?

With Montero, and Syndergaard, and Puello the Mets could have the pieces to make a big trade.

But what if the Mets kept them all?

By the start of the 2015 season the Mets rotation could contain Harvery, Wheeler, Niese, Montero and Syndergaard and possibly be a great rotation for years to come.

Cesar Puello is showing this year to be the RH outfielder with power and speed the Mets would be looking for in a trade.

I don't know other team's rosters, or systems, well enough to know what a Montero/Puello, or Syndergaard/Puello trades would get in return, but would it be returning more or equal talent that the Mets would be giving up.

vCash
    The Mets' first option should be free agency. The guys you mentioned should only be moved if there are no FA moves available, IMO. I want the farm to overflow before we start moving prospects in large chunks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Pieces of the future.

You only trade one of them if something too good to pass up on comes leaping at our doorsteps.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    The Mets' first option should be free agency. The guys you mentioned should only be moved if there are no FA moves available, IMO. I want the farm to overflow before we start moving prospects in large chunks.
    Totally agree.

vCash
    No trading of more than one quality arm! There is a litany of pitching prospects the Mets have traded that have become major league starters. Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, Burt Hooton, John Tudor, AJ Burnett, Scott Kazmir. Can't afford to give away power arms.

vCash
    Hooton? Tudor? Neither played for the Mets.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Yeah this organization needs to continue to build on its depth not trade it away for guys they can get in FA. Unless it's an OF like Cargo or Stanton keep the guys we have and spend the money.

Worst case scenario if they sign 2 OFs this offseason (of qualifying offer status) they lose a 2nd and 3rd round pick and their slot allotments, assuming they get a protected pick. For one year it's worth it given the FA market in 2015 is weak as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    I think monero and syndergard should be trade bait to get a stanton. You already have a top 4 to your rotation, and you have your closer, those guys are more valuable to get us that big bat.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ee-agents.html

There are only a handful of guys that i would even consider in 2015.

As for INF:

Butler or Sandoval (if 1st base is still an issue)
    Asdrubal Cabrera
    JJ Hardy
    Hanley Ramirez
    Headley

As for OF:
    Gardner
    Rasmus
    Headley

Unless the Mets make a trade for another OF (having signed one in 2014), the FA market is worse in 2015 than it is this year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Hooton? Tudor? Neither played for the Mets.

-Stork
    Didn't say they did. Both were drafted by the Mets but were let go to the teams they became professionals for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachWall View Post
    Didn't say they did. Both were drafted by the Mets but were let go to the teams they became professionals for.
    Common.
    Harvey was previously drafted by the Angels.

You missed Roger Clemens.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    If the Mets have a shot at Stanton, they have to make a deal. A legit MLB bat for prospectso which usually don't make it is a no-brainer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    If the Mets have a shot at Stanton, they have to make a deal. A legit MLB bat for prospectso which usually don't make it is a no-brainer.
    I'd love to get Stanton, and would be ok with trading Syndergaard and Puello for him, but this will be the second year in a row that he's missed 40 games. Is he an injury issue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ee-agents.html

There are only a handful of guys that i would even consider in 2015.

As for INF:

Butler or Sandoval (if 1st base is still an issue)
    Asdrubal Cabrera
    JJ Hardy
    Hanley Ramirez
    Headley

As for OF:
    Gardner
    Rasmus
    Headley

Unless the Mets make a trade for another OF (having signed one in 2014), the FA market is worse in 2015 than it is this year.
    It would be great if the Mets could fix their hitting issues with FAs, and be able to keep Montero, Syndergaard and Puello, but no sure thing out there. t

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    It would be great if the Mets could fix their hitting issues with FAs, and be able to keep Montero, Syndergaard and Puello, but no sure thing out there. t
    Sadly there are no sure things, there are even questions about Stanton like his health.

Cargo has quelled some of the evidence that he can't hit away from Coors Field this year (as the last couple of years he hasn't) but Pence and Choo/Ellsbury would be quality FA pickups in my mind. Even Corey Hart as he is a good buy low option at 1st base or worst case scenario in the OF.

The Mets have options..
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast