Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Worst draft mistake of past 5 years?

2008: Jason Thompson over Hibbert, Ibaka, Batum.

2009: Tyreke Evans over Rubio, Curry.

2010: Cousins over Monroe, Paul George... hard to criticize this pick considering Cousins at #5 was a no brainer.

2011: Drafted Jimmer/Acquired Salmons over drafting Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Brandon Knight, Klay Thompson.

2012: Thomas Robinson over Lillard, Barnes, Drummond.

I thought 2008 was the last year that Petrie wasn't influenced by the Maloofs in any way, but which draft year looks to be the most damaging for the Kings? I think it's close between 2011 and 2012.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Hands down 2011. In most of the other draft, there were not players that fans wanted that were obviously better picks. In 2008, i think Anthony Randolph was the favorite. 2009, Rubio was the consensus, but he hasn't proved anything. 2010 Cousins and Monroe were the favorites, and both would be good picks.

2011 we all wanted Leonard. He as proven to be the player we need the most right now. I think Jimmer will eventually be a great role player. But never as valuable as Leonard proved to be in these playoffs.

In 2012, most of us wanted MKG, but he was long gone. Harrison Barnes or Andre Drummond were also mentioned. Barnes would have been a good pick. Only a few of us (myself included) wanted Lillard. And obviously, he would have been a great choice. Unfortunately, I think we got suckered into taking a player who we didn't think would be available, and did so without working him out... We just got took on that one.

With jimmer, looked to make the move. So we did it to ourselves.

vCash
    I'd say either not drafting Curry or Hibbert was worse. Both all stars. Nobody else except George is an allstar on that list yet.

vCash
    Trob...ter-ob the t-rob... he broke my heart.
    Last edited by sneak; 06-23-2013 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    T-Rob. T-Rob in less than 1 season has had 2 teams give up on him. No way on draft day would we trade the 5th overall pick for Patrick Patterson. Jimmer at least one day has the chance of being a useful bench player for us, T-Rob will most likely on draft day be traded to his 3rd team in 1 season.

vCash
    Lillard
    Reke
    Leonard
    Thompson (Don't think it would be a smart move to pick Ibalka, because he was still a bit of a project when he entered the draft.)
    Cousins

It's a shame in 2007 as well we acquired Spencer Hawes, picked him over guys like Thaddeus Young, Wilson Chandler, but worst of all Joakim Noah was drafted one pick ahead of us

Lillard
    Reke
    Leonard
    Noah
    Cousins

Easy playoff team if team chemistry is there, and especially if we never fired Aldeman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I'd say either not drafting Curry or Hibbert was worse. Both all stars. Nobody else except George is an allstar on that list yet.
    I agree that not drafting Hibbert was brutal but since we already had Hawes, I guess Petrie wanted a PF that no one has heard of. Also, would George be as good here as he turned to be in Indiana?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    T-Rob. T-Rob in less than 1 season has had 2 teams give up on him. No way on draft day would we trade the 5th overall pick for Patrick Patterson. Jimmer at least one day has the chance of being a useful bench player for us, T-Rob will most likely on draft day be traded to his 3rd team in 1 season.
    Just based on the drafting of the player, I agree. But with the jimmer pick, it was the accompanying trade that twisted the knife. And leanard showed in the playoffs that he is a key part of a Winning team. Hitting the clutch 3, playing great defense, and rebounding. He's a glue guy... And more importantly... We ALL wanted to draft him.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Just based on the drafting of the player, I agree. But with the jimmer pick, it was the accompanying trade that twisted the knife. And leanard showed in the playoffs that he is a key part of a Winning team. Hitting the clutch 3, playing great defense, and rebounding. He's a glue guy... And more importantly... We ALL wanted to draft him.
    I am not happy with either Jimmer or T-Rob. I wanted Brandon Knight not jimmer and I like Beno more than Salmons. I was not at all happy with that trade. After the fact I would prefer Leonard over Knight, but I really did not want Jimmer. I remember when we drafted Jimmer, there was quite a few people on this forum that wanted to draft Jimmer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am not happy with either Jimmer or T-Rob. I wanted Brandon Knight not jimmer and I like Beno more than Salmons. I was not at all happy with that trade. After the fact I would prefer Leonard over Knight, but I really did not want Jimmer. I remember when we drafted Jimmer, there was quite a few people on this forum that wanted to draft Jimmer.
    There were jimmer fans. But only few vocal fans. And I think most of them were not fans of the trade that brought jimmer to us. I just remember that the vast majority of kings fans that year wanted a SF, and we all tried to convince ourselves that salmons would be a good stop gap at the position...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518:26497817
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I agree that not drafting Hibbert was brutal but since we already had Hawes, I guess Petrie wanted a PF that no one has heard of. Also, would George be as good here as he turned to be in Indiana?
    I think he would be. He's gotten better with experience and I think he woulda been fine

vCash
    Too quick to judge on Robinson or Jimmer. They both could end up being good players down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Kobe is just a much more complete player than Lebron.

vCash
    Jimmer over Leonard when we so badly needed a good sf.

My next one would be Hibbert
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    The last few years have been dreadful. all have valid arguments... the DMC Draft can be justtified if he finds the right mind set and plays to his ability. the Thomas Robinson draft has already been corrected getting Douglas and Patrick Patterson... If they move Jimmer, who knows... Petrie has had more misses than makes lately cant wait to see what an aggressive front office can pull off come thursday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast