Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jeanie: Jim and Mitch Chose Dantoni over Phil

Jeanie admitted she was upset Jim and Kupchak decided to hire D'Antoni instead of Jackson, and Kupchak informed Jackson of the decision in the middle of the night when all indications were he would accept the position to come back and coach the team. She still says she wonders how far the Lakers could have gone if Jackson were the coach.

"I was not happy with how things happened," Jeanie said. "I just think it was a difficult process to go through. I was disappointed, but I'm biased. I don't think anybody would judge me to say [Phil] is the best coach in the entire world. That's my prerogative to feel that way. They had their reasons for doing what they did, but I kind of have that what-if feeling. What if he had coached?"

Jeanie says she reminds Jim about not hiring Jackson whenever the family gets together.

"I think it's something I can always tease him about," Jeanie said. "I think that's what families do. You always bring up things. Everyone always has family issues, and maybe that was something I can tease him about. It's fine. What happened happened."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...-lakers-family
    Shots fired, man down

vCash

Jeanie: Jim and Mitch Chose Dantoni over Phil

Mother ****errrrsssss

vCash
    She's just waiting for that time to strike and take the throne.

vCash
    I dislike Dantoni as much as the next person, but I'm sorry, her saying this is not good for the organization. How is Dantoni supposed to feel about this? What about team morale? Keep some things behind closed doors, at least until after damage could be done.

vCash
    Dumb and Dumber... both of these dumb ****s need to GTFO as soon as possible.

vCash
    I think we all knew this deep down, but hoped it wasn't true. Well, it was only it matter of time before we got word officially.

vCash
    I would like to hear Kupchak tell us that he choose Dantoni over Phil

Something tells me he was being a yes man for Jim
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Just terrible. I do believe that Phil will eventually find a place in this organization.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Just terrible. I do believe that Phil will eventually find a place in this organization.
    Kinda funny people say Phil was being salty, but Jeanie is the one who says she throws up "you should have hired Phil".

Will never get the way they did Phil. They pink slipped his whole staff on the last game of the regular season, scouts, coaches, and everyone but PErsons who Buss put on his staff. Then you let him have to Monday to contact his staff back, get his agent to work out terms, etc and hire Dantoni over the phone while Phils asleep. Ugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    I dislike Dantoni as much as the next person, but I'm sorry, her saying this is not good for the organization. How is Dantoni supposed to feel about this? What about team morale? Keep some things behind closed doors, at least until after damage could be done.
    I'd guess it tells Dantoni you better have this team cooking on all cylinders and manage minutes well or else you know who will be looking over your shoulder. If it fails, I'm sure she could appoint the next coach be it Phil or Rambis/Shaw with Phil just playing Tex since its just a matter of votes among the siblings share wise

vCash
    Wow... Sooooo many implications to her statements. Can't wait to hear Max and Marcellus bandy this one about

Makes one think Antoni might actually be on his way out or, at least, on the cusp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    Don't worry my friend, you'll never walk alone.

vCash
    Phil is Done coaching. Its Over! Phil was done coaching years ago, as he let kobe and fisher do the coaching. He did the Zen'ing.
    WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE ARE THE NBA! And since we root for the only team who can say that they are the epitome of EXCELLENCE..... shouldn't the fans who support the franchise be considered in the same light? Let's act like the way the MambaArmy should act..... So lets stop whining, Start Tanking, Stop complaining, Start Tanking and Start cheering, Start Tanking, Start supporting, Start Tanking, Start enjoying what it means to be a Lakers Fan!
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    The Buss family is like Game Of Thrones...Jeanie gotta take control since Dr. Buss is gone and invite D'Antoni to the red wedding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Shots fired, man down
    Lol @ "something I can tease him about"

Like. "Hey remember that time you inherited the family business that our father made into an iconic symbol and ran it into the ground by hiring a coach nobody wanted? yeah that was funny."

I'd really like to hear the Buss' Thanksgiving conversations.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast