Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kidd's Assistant Coaches thread (update: Woj: first hiring close to done)

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/6/22/4...an-coach-talks

Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Jason Kidd is close to hiring his first assistant coach, Roy Rogers, who worked with the Nets under Lawrence Frank, then followed Frank to Detroit, where he won raves for his work with Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe.

He also notes that the Nets are still talking with Frank, who the Nets and Kidd want as the lead assistant.

Rogers has been one of the most pursued assistant coaches. Rogers was Brook Lopez's first big man coach, and during that time, Lopez averaged better than eight rebounds a game. In Detroit, he was known as a hands-on coach, as this video shows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysTOyucvU1A
    Very good news to hear. He did excellent work in developing Monroe/Drummond. He has ALREADY worked with Lopez his first year (as pointed out he actually averaged 8 boards then). Can't wait to see what he does with Blatche/Mirza/Reggie/new drafted or FA big.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Can't complain about this hiring. Excited to see how Lopez and Blatche benefit from him. Have a feeling Blatche will be the starter at PF this season.

vCash
    Wish we still had Rogers to further develop Monroe and Drummond. Wish the best of luck to him and your team though!

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Wish we still had Rogers to further develop Monroe and Drummond. Wish the best of luck to him and your team though!
    Thanks man. That Monroe/Drummond front court is incredible to build upon. Hope Cheeks figure out a way to keep that going. No need to rush things.
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Thanks man. That Monroe/Drummond front court is incredible to build upon. Hope Cheeks figure out a way to keep that going. No need to rush things.
    Yeah, with the little bit that they played together, I'm really loving our frontcourt combo. But yeah, hopefully "The Players' Coach" Mo Cheeks will further their development somehow. Also, sidenote though, I've put on my bucketlist that I wanna visit the Barclay's Center, that arena just looks amazing. Definitely wanna see that up close in person.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/6/28/4...dds-assistants

Rest of staff filled up:
    The Nets on Friday announced the make-up of Jason Kidd's coaching staff and there no surprises: Lawrence Frank will be Kidd's lead assistant; Roy Rogers will be the big man coach and Eric Hughes as development coach. Doug Overton will remain on staff, but Popeye Jones and Mario Elie will not be renewed.

"I am very pleased to add Lawrence, Roy, Eric and Doug to my staff," said Kidd. "They collectively bring a wealth of NBA experience to our bench, both from a coach and player perspective. This combination will not only prove beneficial to me, but will be an invaluable asset to our players as well."

Kidd was been coached by two of his assistants, Frank for four years as head coach with the Nets and Hughes for two years as an assistant at the University of California.
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived Dwightmare