Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Syndergaard promoted to B-Mets

PHILADELPHIA -- Right-hander Noah Syndergaard, the highly regarded pitching prospect obtained in the trade for R.A. Dickey, has been promoted to Double-A Binghamton, according to various tweets emanating from the St. Lucie clubhouse.

Syndergaard, 20, went 3-3 with a 3.11 ERA in 12 starts for Class A St. Lucie. He has allowed 61 hits and 16 walks while striking out 64 in 63 2/3 innings.
    Source

Don't know if this deserves it's own thread so feel free to move it to the appropriate thread

vCash
    If he dominates the league he could start next season in AAA and be on track for June/July promotion.

The Future

vCash
    Certainly deserves it's own thread. It means that Syndergaard might be coming to the Mets in late 2014 rather than 2015.

Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard.

It likely won't happen that way, but it's exciting to think about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    If he dominates the league he could start next season in AAA and be on track for June/July promotion.
    I'm so torn on whether or not we should trade him. On one hand, a rotation consisting of Harvey-Wheeler-Syndergaard would be scary good. But on the other hand, we desperately need bats and you have to give up talent to get talent.

vCash

The one thing they've really done well in the organization is build a solid young pitching core.

I hope they leave it as undisturbed as possible and build around it.

That's why I think Stanton won't be a Met.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I'm so torn on whether or not we should trade him. On one hand, a rotation consisting of Harvey-Wheeler-Syndergaard would be scary good. But on the other hand, we desperately need bats and you have to give up talent to get talent.
    I don't want to trade because were are not 1 piece away( Cargo , Stanton) from contention and it's not worth it to empty the farm to stay the same. I prefer signing FA in the offseason.

The Future

vCash
    The only way i trade Thor is in a deal for Cargo, Stanton, or an OF of that caliber, otherwise get FA help.

vCash
    Definitely deserves its own thread. I didn't think he'd be in Binghampton this early.

A week or so ago i laughed at the idea that he could be with the Mets by 2014. But if he shows similar success in AA that he did in A, I have to concede it's quite possible.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I want to see a rotation of Harvey/Wheeler/Niese/Syndergaard/Montero.

Gee, Flores, Fulmer, Tapia, Duda, Plaweki, Valdespin, Mazzoni are pieces I would look to deal. I think we should be able to get back some nice talent, not Cargo/Stanton, but solid players.

vCash
    The only that I don't want to trade are Thor and Matz the rest could be available for the right player.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Definitely deserves its own thread. I didn't think he'd be in Binghampton this early.

A week or so ago i laughed at the idea that he could be with the Mets by 2014. But if he shows similar success in AA that he did in A, I have to concede it's quite possible.
    The only concerns with Syndergaard is his velocity is down to some extent, he still needs work on his secondaries, and he had a high BABIP against in St. Lucie. That all said, he still struck out a guy per inning, had good command and control (2.3 BB per 9), and he only gave up 3 homers in 64 innings.

If he continues to develop his secondaries, the kid has #2 potential. In this rotation he could slot into the 3 though if Wheeler becomes that number 2.

vCash
    His secondaries are much better now the Change is close to plus and the curve is flashing plus a lot of scouts are raving about him.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The only concerns with Syndergaard is his velocity is down to some extent, he still needs work on his secondaries, and he had a high BABIP against in St. Lucie. That all said, he still struck out a guy per inning, had good command and control (2.3 BB per 9), and he only gave up 3 homers in 64 innings.

If he continues to develop his secondaries, the kid has #2 potential. In this rotation he could slot into the 3 though if Wheeler becomes that number 2.
    Yea I noticed that. I read he was at 93-95; thought he was closer to the 95-97 range, unless I'm mistaken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Yea I noticed that. I read he was at 93-95; thought he was closer to the 95-97 range, unless I'm mistaken
    It could be mechanical or maybe because he has been focusing on his secondaries, he has a lost a little on his fastball. I wouldn't be overly concerned with it as long as those secondaries keep coming along. I've heard he's come a decent way with that curveball, they had him clocked in the lower 80s with it about a month ago.

vCash
    Awesome news. When is syndergaard first start with aa? I know he was supposed to pitch today for st lucie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast