Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Ok. Maybe we are being fooled?

I never thought I'd see the day where I actually might believe the crazy conspiracy theory NBA fans.

Didn't when they went off on why Jordan took off and played baseball.

Not when the #1 picks of the lottery seemed out of the ordinary and against all odds.

Not when Stern vetoed a CP3 trade to LA, so his new Shaq could get there, and what do you know, he did

and Not even when the Lakers got those fixed-looking calls against the Kings.

But this finals series seemed just too good to be true, and the disinterest in the players just sold it for me that this might be scripted, the final result at least. I'm not gonna write a good essay on why I believe so but think about a few things.

1.The Spurs had the series wrapped up in Game 6. All of a sudden they forgot how to win or do anything right? Id assume they don't want it to look obvious so they just have them play it out until they are needed to make changes, like the drastic change in the players at the end..to make the Heat look like they came back as heroes or something.

2.Ginobili is an all-star level player, there is no way, under any circumstance is he THAT bad. Especially as a veteran he can't be that nervous. He was airballing, turning it over, taking contested deep 3s.. it's like he was willing to take all the blame for the g7 loss, since he'll be back in Argentina (not europe) anyways after the series.

3.Lebron was literally wide open, practice shot open the entire game. They could shut him down some games, and yet game 7 they had a brand new gameplan to leave him WIDE open the entire game? Same with game 6, they literally gave him 3 chances at a wide open 3 same spot to win the game (and miraculously the Spurs COULD NOT grab easy rebounds?). This is what really got me. I could not understand what was going on, he was so wide open I was like have they just decide to make this as obvious as possible.

4.The disinterest of the players. The lack of emotion. The way Lebron was saying 'It ends tonight!' as if it were practiced and he was at a WWE mic before a match. It just all seemed so fake. Popovich just smiling at the buzzer to congratulate Spoelstra. Parker, Ginobili not looking like they care. Danny Green goes absolutely nuts one game, then can't make or take a normal shot.

But why did the Heat not win in 2011 if it's fixed? well Lebron got so much hate for initially going to Miami...I'm starting to believe that's a big reason why an underdog Dallas was given a championship. It was the most profitable option at the time, knowing Lebron would eventually win one anyway with the team he's on. It truly just feels like it's all for entertainment now and thats what the players are out there to do, and then take the fame/money/parties with it.

the sad thing is, after years past no one remembers any of the calls, no matter how outrageous. I, myself even will say Kobe has 5 rings, forgetting the Kings series which they probably should have lost. 2 years from now we will look back and give Lebron and Wade full credit for the championship they won in 2013. No one's going to remember Game 6 being controversial at the end.

I wouldn't know why though, the sports entertaining enough. Why does it have to be perfect all of a sudden. Is it the economy? Has the NBA really that desperate now post-Jordan era? or Is it just greed?

I really hope the results aren't scripted, and their is zero corruption in the league..because I love the NBA it's my favorite league by far always has been. But America is no community..It's all business. Wouldn't be surprised anymore. I mean the players show like little emotion when they win now it's like they knew it. Where is the tears for these lifelong dreams being accomplished...?

I mean why shouldn't they fix it? These guys care about money as much as the next guy, they'll all gladly play along for a bigger paycheck. I mean I'd estimate 80% of the people watching the finals are either drunk, casual/non-NBA fans just checking in to watch the game for social reasons, or unintelligent citizens with a TV at hand. The die hards, the intelligent basketball fans are the only ones gonna notice right? Take advantage of the larger demographic.

either way. hope I'm wrong
    and congrats to the Miami Heat
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 06-21-2013 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    Stopped reading when the op mentioned Ginobili was wiling to take the blame for the game 7 loss because he'll be, "BACK IN EUROPE". Op, he's not from Europe bro and no the spurs didn't throw the series lol

she says go for the championship

vCash
    so the nba timed it exactly so the spurs can be up 3 and with 21 secs left so ray allen can hit a miracle three, interesting.
    I love kobe <3

vCash
    meh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Stopped reading when the op mentioned Ginobili was wiling to take the blame for the game 7 loss because he'll be, "BACK IN EUROPE". Op, he's not from Europe bro and no the spurs didn't throw the series lol
    Lol, he also called ginobli an allstar.
    I love kobe <3

vCash
    Its all in your head. And what do you mean all of sudden they changed their gameplan? Hes been wide open this entire series.

Its hard to have faith in your couch bound psychiatry if you cant even recall defensive gameplans.

vCash
    The signs of spurs struggles were apparent before they lost game 6. They had trouble closing out games before, without Danny Green and Gary Neal playing out of their minds the spurs lose this series handily.

It reminded me of the series between the lakers and thunder a few years back. The thunder were losing a few of those games, and certain players like Harden were playing poorly, then the 4th quarter came around and they said, screw it I'm getting to the rim and playing hard defense, and they stole at least 2 games from the lakers.

It shows how athleticism can beat skill in todays nba.

As far as ginobilli air balling shots and looking bad. He has looked that way a lot this year. Also, turning the ball over is something that comes with his game. He has a very erratic game, he is a double edged sword, he will hurt your team or lead them to victory. It was evident that he was not himself well before the final games.
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain
    Pitches Thrown: 239 Strikes: 145
    15.1 INN 9 K 4 BB
    1 W 1 L 0.59ERA
    Joe "The Bunter" Kelly

vCash
    lmao
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    I wasn't saying the bullet points forsure mean it's fixed. I meant they seemed questionable, and was really hoping for one of these guys who always say it's rigged to come bring some more to it.

vCash
    The OP has too much free time on his hands.....SMH

vCash
    i can't respond to all of that because i don't even know where to start...

but as for point #3, did you watch games 1-6? they did the same thing all series long - sloughing off wade and lebron - and it worked tremendously. they both got hot in game 7 and it killed the spurs...but that same gameplan got them within a ray allen prayer of winning a finals in 6 games.

oh, and manu has been a shell of himself for quite sometime now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day where I actually might believe the crazy conspiracy theory NBA fans.

Didn't when they went off on why Jordan took off and played baseball.

Not when the #1 picks of the lottery seemed out of the ordinary and against all odds.

Not when Stern vetoed a CP3 trade to LA, so his new Shaq could get there, and what do you know, he did

and Not even when the Lakers got those fixed-looking calls against the Kings.

But this finals series seemed just too good to be true, and the disinterest in the players just sold it for me that this might be scripted, the final result at least. I'm not gonna write a good essay on why I believe so but think about a few things.

1.The Spurs had the series wrapped up in Game 6. All of a sudden they forgot how to win or do anything right? Id assume they don't want it to look obvious so they just have them play it out until they are needed to make changes, like the drastic change in the players at the end..to make the Heat look like they came back as heroes or something.

2.Ginobili is an all-star level player, there is no way, under any circumstance is he THAT bad. Especially as a veteran he can't be that nervous. He was airballing, turning it over, taking contested deep 3s.. it's like he was willing to take all the blame for the g7 loss, since he'll be back in Argentina (not europe) anyways after the series.

3.Lebron was literally wide open, practice shot open the entire game. They could shut him down some games, and yet game 7 they had a brand new gameplan to leave him WIDE open the entire game? Same with game 6, they literally gave him 3 chances at a wide open 3 same spot to win the game (and miraculously the Spurs COULD NOT grab easy rebounds?). This is what really got me. I could not understand what was going on, he was so wide open I was like have they just decide to make this as obvious as possible.

4.The disinterest of the players. The lack of emotion. The way Lebron was saying 'It ends tonight!' as if it were practiced and he was at a WWE mic before a match. It just all seemed so fake. Popovich just smiling at the buzzer to congratulate Spoelstra. Parker, Ginobili not looking like they care. Danny Green goes absolutely nuts one game, then can't make or take a normal shot.

But why did the Heat not win in 2011 if it's fixed? well Lebron got so much hate for initially going to Miami...I'm starting to believe that's a big reason why an underdog Dallas was given a championship. It was the most profitable option at the time, knowing Lebron would eventually win one anyway with the team he's on. It truly just feels like it's all for entertainment now and thats what the players are out there to do, and then take the fame/money/parties with it.

the sad thing is, after years past no one remembers any of the calls, no matter how outrageous. I, myself even will say Kobe has 5 rings, forgetting the Kings series which they probably should have lost. 2 years from now we will look back and give Lebron and Wade full credit for the championship they won in 2013. No one's going to remember Game 6 being controversial at the end.

I wouldn't know why though, the sports entertaining enough. Why does it have to be perfect all of a sudden. Is it the economy? Has the NBA really that desperate now post-Jordan era? or Is it just greed?

I really hope the results aren't scripted, and their is zero corruption in the league..because I love the NBA it's my favorite league by far always has been. But America is no community..It's all business. Wouldn't be surprised anymore. I mean the players show like little emotion when they win now it's like they knew it. Where is the tears for these lifelong dreams being accomplished...?

I mean why shouldn't they fix it? These guys care about money as much as the next guy, they'll all gladly play along for a bigger paycheck. I mean I'd estimate 80% of the people watching the finals are either drunk, casual/non-NBA fans just checking in to watch the game for social reasons, or unintelligent citizens with a TV at hand. The die hards, the intelligent basketball fans are the only ones gonna notice right? Take advantage of the larger demographic.

either way. hope I'm wrong
    and congrats to the Miami Heat
    Your eyes have been gently opened... Please don't close them ever again .

People still can't put two and two together... Lbj beat the Pistons by himself (a team with tougher defense then Dallas), but they will believe that Lbj was scared to play against chandler and Dirk...smh

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Your eyes have been gently opened... Please don't close them ever again .

People still can't put two and two together... Lbj beat the Pistons by himself (a team with tougher defense then Dallas), but they will believe that Lbj was scared to play against chandler and Dirk...smh
    I can see what you're getting at. Id have to say Lebron had a lot of expectations tho (must win with heat) and a ton of hatred towards him which may have got to him. Also Dirk and fam did a great job getting in his head.

vCash
    I like how all the counter agruments (or rather just random insults because) are one either one or two points that I may have been wrong in. But fail to speak on the rest of the points. Yet I'm still completely 100% wrong here.

Maybe all of my points are wrong. But there's still other reason to believe the results have been fixed to an extent for years now.

vCash
    so did they use remote control baskets or did the nba assume that allen was going to make that?

stern to kawahis ear phone "yo, miss this shot" lmaoo,
    I love kobe <3

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast