Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Our season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    11,864
    vCash
    1623

    Our season

    I told myself I'd stay away from the forum on gameday. (nothing personal guys )

    After game 6, I was just very demoralized by that loss. I stayed away from social media, and I just chose to watch the game in peace, w/o seeing any baiting, bickering, complaining about refs, etc... It was the last game, and I just wanted to enjoy our guys last game and be proud, regardless of the results.

    Now that I've had some time to clear my head, just a few things I wanted to mention-

    Duncan- My god, this guy gave it his all. I felt worse for him, and he's going to beat himself up over that missed shot, but he gave it his all on both ends, and it sucks he's gotta go back to "reality" almost and deal with his personal problems, but I mean that guy was amazing. I don't know if he retires or not, but it was a pleasure watching him trying to do whatever it took these finals. I hope he gets another run at it next year.

    Leonard- This kid is amazing. He plays hard, he doesn't get rattled, doesn't trash talk, and is just a perfect fit. He was arguably the most consistent Spur in the finals on both ends. His knee will get some much needed rest this summer, and I know it won't take him long to get back to work on improving his game. If these finals have taught us anything, I hope it shows Pop that this kid needs a bigger role on the offensive side. He's far more than just a spot up shooter from the corner.

    Ginobili- I was very proud at how he bounced back. He was attacking, getting to the FT line, hit a big 3 late in the game. It was much like his Game 5 bounce back game. He had more bad games than good in this series, but I loved the way he competed. You can tell he just doesn't want to lose, and he did all he could. I don't know if he walks away or not, but I would not mind having him back for the right price.

    Parker- I don't know what to say. He carried us most of the season/playoffs. I don't know if it was the hamstring, but he just wasn't himself. I know he can't always drive by when Lebron defends him, but he adjusted in the GS series. He would shoot the mid-range shot with confidence coming off the screens. He didn't really do much of that and just looked like a totally different player.

    Pop- I have only a 1 beef with Pop, and it's the fact that he rode Neal so long instead of going to Diaw. Diaw was making things happen, even hit a 3, and he's far more valuable on the defensive end. Not to mention, it's another big body to help Kawhi & Timmy on the boards. I get playing Green despite his struggles cause he plays hard on defense. But I don't understand the lack of time for Diaw. I felt he was very underutilized this series.

    Green- well he played well and Miami adjusted to him, give them credit. This off-season, I'd like to see him work on some moves off the dribble and his ball handling. Driving into the lane and trying that floater works like 5% of the time. He doesn't drive confidently and if he's not confident, then he won't get results. I hope to see him work on that and become more than just a spot up shooter. You can never have too many guys who can create/shoot off the dribble.

    Those are the main things I wanted to touch on, and get your guys thoughts and see how everyone is dealing with it. I'm of course disappointed in how the season ended, but I'm proud of some of these guys. Give Miami credit, we dared Lebron to shoot all series, and he knocked down shots in the biggest game. Same for Battier, those guys made all the difference.

    Our young guys have plenty of room to grow, and I know this off-season we could see some totally new faces, but 1 thing we know is this front office will never put us in a position where we won't be successful. The team will have some $ to play with, and I trust they'll do what the need to do to try and get Tim #5. 2012 WCF loss 2013 Finals loss... Let's hope we can get 1 step further in 2014 and break our odd year trend!

    I'm sure you guys are familiar with the quote the Spurs have in their locker room from Jacob Riis.

    “When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” Jacob Riis
    He has another quote as well that is inspiring-

    "Some defeats are only installments to victory."
    Jacob Riis
    Just figured I'd share

    As long as this team stays committed to playing defense, they will be in position to be successful. I hope you guys are doing good! I take losses in the regular season hard at times, so losing game 7 in the finals is definitely a *****! But we'll be back.

    Congrats to the Heat & their fans, sometime down the line i'll be able to really appreciate this series and just how great/exciting it was.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,423
    vCash
    1500
    I was more depressed after this Game 7, than I was after Canucks lost Game 7 on home-ice 2011 (see my location so understand how horrible that was). I know Leonard will be better, Duncan & Parker will be just as good. I hope to see Green with a off the dribble move when players cut off the 3pt line. I feel as though Gary Neal has a nice floater when he gets run off the dribble, something I would like to see Green develop. I hope manu comes back on a 1-yr contract for vet. min. And we make a run for Josh Smith.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

    Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

    Follow me, @bharjan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,423
    vCash
    1500
    Overall a great season, but Game 6 will forever linger, until we win again....
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

    Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

    Follow me, @bharjan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,673
    vCash
    1500
    Great thread KD. I feel the same way once the games are on, don't talk much and stay as far away from ESPN/web.

    During the game... stuck to the TV set, screaming my lungs out and having my family members scream at me to get out of the way, lol! I'll miss those moments this off season...

    This truly was an amazing season, without a doubt. Like I said, no matter what the outcome was, I am still proud of the team. They gave it their all and took themselves and their fans as far as they could.

    Everyone had their ups and downs;

    Some made shots, some missed shots, some turned the ball over, some missed freethrows/made freethrows, missed rebounds/grabbed rbs..... No matter what it was, it was still done as a TEAM. We'll be back next season, dont count us out just yet! The window has been closing for 3-4 years now, according to many. We'll just have to prove them wrong once again.





    .......and I'm super excited for this kid they call Kahwi. Jesus christ!

    the future is bright you guys.
    Last edited by AlexTmz2; 06-21-2013 at 09:35 PM.


    'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

    ^

    (During NBA lockout)

    "No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    11,864
    vCash
    1623
    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    Overall a great season, but Game 6 will forever linger, until we win again....
    Yup... That one hurt more than Game 7. The only thing that made Game 7 worse was seeing Duncan miss that easy jumper and seeing how depressed he looked afterwards. He deserved better than what he got from the rest of the guys, aside from Leonard. Everyone else was so up & down.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deuce Dimes
    Posts
    2,141
    vCash
    1500
    I want to punch Ginobili in the face other than that I'm proud of my Spurs....Timmy, Parker, Kahwi, Green , Neal all did great wish TMAC would have scored a point during the playoffs.


    "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan


    *EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deuce Dimes
    Posts
    2,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Yup... That one hurt more than Game 7. The only thing that made Game 7 worse was seeing Duncan miss that easy jumper and seeing how depressed he looked afterwards. He deserved better than what he got from the rest of the guys, aside from Leonard. Everyone else was so up & down.
    Meh **** happens we will be back


    "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan


    *EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    1500
    Parker sees to be getting a pass from everyone. Where the **** was he game 6 and 7??

    Obviously in my mind he was severely injured with that hamstring so he gets a pass from me. Can't believe our team still almost won those 2 games without having their best player.

    Overall, felt like a really unlucky series. We will be back next year.
    Brooklyn Nets

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Goshen, IN
    Posts
    1,956
    vCash
    1500
    I am actually more sad about the season than angry because I never expected them to win it all. So to get that close and then miss out on doing something special makes me sad for the guys. I am glad others think they will be back, but I honestly think we are done with this group. Here is why:
    Timmy had a stellar year and put up major numbers. In my mind this was one final push.
    We were completely healthy for the playoffs. Yes there were nagging injuries. But everyone could play.
    We got herculean performances from some of the guys at key points in the finals. And we still couldn't do it.

    I think the guys all gave it their all and what we realized is that our ceiling might be a game 7 loss in the Finals. I think if OKC was healthy we also would have had a brutal battle with them. If you think about it, spurs seem to have drop off seasons after their major victories. So you can say that this will push them more, but I think they were pretty committed all year all ready. What more can they possibly give?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deuce Dimes
    Posts
    2,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Parker sees to be getting a pass from everyone. Where the **** was he game 6 and 7??

    Obviously in my mind he was severely injured with that hamstring so he gets a pass from me. Can't believe our team still almost won those 2 games without having their best player.

    Overall, felt like a really unlucky series. We will be back next year.
    Meh Parker is my boy but lets be real Parker's hammy caught up to him you can't blame him for the collapse in game 6, he played elite this past season and he is the best PG in the league next year we will be good and Parker will be a serious contender for the MVP award


    "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan


    *EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deuce Dimes
    Posts
    2,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    I am actually more sad about the season than angry because I never expected them to win it all. So to get that close and then miss out on doing something special makes me sad for the guys. I am glad others think they will be back, but I honestly think we are done with this group. Here is why:
    Timmy had a stellar year and put up major numbers. In my mind this was one final push.
    We were completely healthy for the playoffs. Yes there were nagging injuries. But everyone could play.
    We got herculean performances from some of the guys at key points in the finals. And we still couldn't do it.

    I think the guys all gave it their all and what we realized is that our ceiling might be a game 7 loss in the Finals. I think if OKC was healthy we also would have had a brutal battle with them. If you think about it, spurs seem to have drop off seasons after their major victories. So you can say that this will push them more, but I think they were pretty committed all year all ready. What more can they possibly give?
    Yep I agree ...what more could they possibly give....it's obvious they need better post play this offseason there just happens to be solid big men ( Smith, Jefferson, Millsap etc.) so if we can get either Smoove of Millsap and Jefferson with the exception he can become a great PnR center then we are right back in in the title hunt.

    Spurs vs. Heat 2 this time we defeat them.......


    "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan


    *EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    11,864
    vCash
    1623
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    I am actually more sad about the season than angry because I never expected them to win it all. So to get that close and then miss out on doing something special makes me sad for the guys. I am glad others think they will be back, but I honestly think we are done with this group. Here is why:
    Timmy had a stellar year and put up major numbers. In my mind this was one final push.
    We were completely healthy for the playoffs. Yes there were nagging injuries. But everyone could play.
    We got herculean performances from some of the guys at key points in the finals. And we still couldn't do it.

    I think the guys all gave it their all and what we realized is that our ceiling might be a game 7 loss in the Finals. I think if OKC was healthy we also would have had a brutal battle with them. If you think about it, spurs seem to have drop off seasons after their major victories. So you can say that this will push them more, but I think they were pretty committed all year all ready. What more can they possibly give?
    This was my concern too, especially for someone like TD. Where does he find the motivation, especially with the divorce going on with him, and him getting so close. I felt like losing to OKC the way they did was the motivation to win it all, and getting this close and losing, seems like it's asking a lot for them to try and get back to this point.

    The only hope is maybe they're able to make a decent signing that might help. A defensive minded young big would be great, cause they struggled so much with Tim on the bench. But I guess we'll see what happens. I do know the west is wide open still, so much uncertainty for a lot of these teams. And I know it's easy to say now but I feel like we would've beaten OKC. I don't think they would've lost to them 2x in a row, and they would've had a game plan for them like they did Memphis.

    And I agree 100%, definitely more sad than angry. Last year I was furious with how the season ended. Being up 2-0, the officiating in game 6, Ibaka/Perkins having the games of their lives, it just felt like everything that could go wrong for us did. And I think they felt similarly cause that motivated them to get this far this season. Now they need to try and re-create that motivation.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deuce Dimes
    Posts
    2,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    This was my concern too, especially for someone like TD. Where does he find the motivation, especially with the divorce going on with him, and him getting so close. I felt like losing to OKC the way they did was the motivation to win it all, and getting this close and losing, seems like it's asking a lot for them to try and get back to this point.

    The only hope is maybe they're able to make a decent signing that might help. A defensive minded young big would be great, cause they struggled so much with Tim on the bench. But I guess we'll see what happens. I do know the west is wide open still, so much uncertainty for a lot of these teams. And I know it's easy to say now but I feel like we would've beaten OKC. I don't think they would've lost to them 2x in a row, and they would've had a game plan for them like they did Memphis.

    And I agree 100%, definitely more sad than angry. Last year I was furious with how the season ended. Being up 2-0, the officiating in game 6, Ibaka/Perkins having the games of their lives, it just felt like everything that could go wrong for us did. And I think they felt similarly cause that motivated them to get this far this season. Now they need to try and re-create that motivation.
    I not worried about motivation the Timmy and Parker are Competitors and the spurs should not be afraid of anyone in the west like you said its wide opened......

    They do need a good signing to bring in to help Timmy in the post that has been a major concern since 2007 Timmy can't do it by himself anymore.....when you have players like Josh Smith on the market and you have a chance to get him you try and make that happen to help Timmy...

    Next year should be room for a lot of optimism because Kahwi is a young stud and will be the newest part of the big 3.


    "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan


    *EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    11,864
    vCash
    1623
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzyman05 View Post
    I not worried about motivation the Timmy and Parker are Competitors and the spurs should not be afraid of anyone in the west like you said its wide opened......

    They do need a good signing to bring in to help Timmy in the post that has been a major concern since 2007 Timmy can't do it by himself anymore.....when you have players like Josh Smith on the market and you have a chance to get him you try and make that happen to help Timmy...

    Next year should be room for a lot of optimism because Kahwi is a young stud and will be the newest part of the big 3.
    I agree, I'm very excited to see Leonard's continued growth. I hope they're able to bring someone in. Splitter was valuable against the Grizzlies and Lakers, but he struggled against Miami and the Warriors too at times. Diaw was more mobile and more versatile, but he's not someone who can protect the rim.

    For me, my concern was the stuff going on in Tim's personal life, and not knowing how that's going to pan out. To go all season and get to the 7th game of the NBA finals and to lose, it's gotta take a toll on him mentally and emotionally. But we'll see what happens, he played great and there's no reason to think he can't be one of the best bigs in the game again next season.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,673
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-art...ommercial.html

    ^ oh wow..

    Be warned Spurs fans, it is very painful to watch.
    projectspurs.


    'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

    ^

    (During NBA lockout)

    "No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •