Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mariners Trade Deadline Talk

Its creeping up pretty quick, so I figured it was a good time to put a thread together.

So like GMZ has shown in the past, we can be both buyers and sellers at the same time. If we're selling, who are we putting on the market, and what are we looking for in return? If we're buying, what position(s) are we trying to fill, and what specs are we willing/looking to trade?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    RF.

I think it goes without saying that we would be welcome to a RF of the future. Does that come by way of trading for a MLB ready spec, or something like Morales or Morse where we go for a soon-to-be-FA... either ending after this season, or the next. There are a couple that are worth talking about who play for teams that are likely out of the playoff hunt. And then there are some good ones who play for contenders. But a guy like Pence might be attainable. We would have to battle some contenders looking to fill a hole, but it just might be worth it. Of course a contract extension would likely have to be a part of the deal, depending on who it is and what we have to give up.

Of course going for a top RF spec, who is MLB ready, would also be nice. Tell me you wouldn't cream you pants if we nabbed Oscar Taveras. St. Louis is the best team in the NL, and they would look real hard at one of our short stops. The best SS in their system has a C+ grading from Sickels, and is more of a 2B anyway. Dangle Franklin or Miller and conversations would start moving. Yes, we might have to pad the package slightly, just because Taveras has the bigger name, but we could both walk away happy winners. But I don't think our fans would react well to trading Franklin right now. He would be my choice of the two, since Miller is better at SS. Anyone like the idea of bringing Taveras over? Here's Franklin and Romero, for all I care.

Or is RF safe to sit on? If Ackley is sticking in the OF, and we trust going forward with Saunders for now, does Romero get the nod to join the ranks? Pretty sure Romero or Saunders could be plugged in RF defensively and do well. I don't know.

SP.

We have some very promising arms on their way, but I wouldn't think twice about pursuing a SP whose contract is up in a year and a half. Not saying I think GMZ is going to go this route, but it wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 06-21-2013 at 06:19 AM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I don't give two ***** what they do.

1. It won't matter. Seattle fans apparently don't deserve any happiness.
    2. It'll be a trade that bombs.

It'll take a hell of a move for me to give a **** at the deadline.

vCash
    I am one of those fan's who does not want to see Franklin moved small sample size i know but he knows how to work counts something a lot of our prospects suck at when they get up here.

You can't be afraid to trade but with our history i agree with Ian it will most likely just blow up in our face.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-21-2013 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Taveres would take a **** ton more than Franklin and Romero most likely. I don't see him really being available. Pence also won't be available if the Giants are in the hunt. They need to keep their bats.

I just want Stanton, and then to sign Beltran for a year or two.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Personally I dont trust Z to make any trades right now. He is desperate to improve the team for NOW, the future is no longer a priority even tho we suck *** now and another season has been wasted.

**** Z and **** ownership

vCash
    **** wedge too

vCash
    If we traded for Hunter Pence, I'd quit life.

I can't ****ing stand that dude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Taveres would take a **** ton more than Franklin and Romero most likely. I don't see him really being available. Pence also won't be available if the Giants are in the hunt. They need to keep their bats.

I just want Stanton, and then to sign Beltran for a year or two.
    I would love Stanton but him always having some injury scares me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    If we traded for Hunter Pence, I'd quit life.

I can't ****ing stand that dude
    Not worth it in my opinion he is a rental i think he has only one more season under contract.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Its creeping up pretty quick, so I figured it was a good time to put a thread together.

So like GMZ has shown in the past, we can be both buyers and sellers at the same time. If we're selling, who are we putting on the market, and what are we looking for in return? If we're buying, what position(s) are we trying to fill, and what specs are we willing/looking to trade?
    i dont see us doing anything other than a very minor deal maybe, but could be wrong. nobody really has trade value except seager, kuma but more realistically oli, ryan, and if SPs go down maybe saunders... morse is banged up and i dont see competitive teams finding a spot for him, same kinda with morales. we still need a MOTO bat w/ kendrys, morse, ibanez all being FAs but i dont see our IF specs being much help to get that. the one team that sticks out is LAD who have a crowded OF, ethier, van slyke... i dont see us dealing specs w/ GMZ contract running out, i think they look forward to FA.

on a dissapointing note. morales' OPS has dropped nearly 100 points in 3 wks. his body is ailing and we are not even 1/2 way and he plays mostly DH with some 1b... i hope this is just a valley part of the season for him, something to follow close IMO.

vCash
    Odds we are in on Ethier at the deadline?

Ugh

vCash
    NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Odds we are in on Ethier at the deadline?

Ugh
    10% maybe..... i dont think w/ status of GMZ they will do it but who knows. could be a good time to buy low, or just have him play into his decline w/ us.

if we could get them to pay 1/2 the contract, and deal ryan, triunfel and medina and get ethier and gordon.... the only risk i see is the $ for ethier, might be able to get them to pay more.... thats why i lean toward van slyke, younger, just as much upside or more, and if he doesnt work out we're not paying alot.... ill take a flier on gordon, capable of 60 SB season if he develops other parts of his game, maybe move to OF, be in competition w/ our other young table setting specs.

vCash
    Trade everyone. Firesale.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Trade Eric Wedge for Randy Winn.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast