Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Report: Yankees sign 1B Clark to Minor League deal

The New York Yankees have reportedly signed first baseman Andrew Clark to a Minor League deal and assigned him to Double-A Trenton.

Although no official confirmation has been given by the Yankees organization, the website of the independent Frontier League, where Clark was playing, lists him as having his contract sold, and Clark Tweeted the following on Thursday morning:

Andrew Clark @ac24bb

It's official, I'm part of the Yankees!! Heading to double A! So excited! #resilient #thankful
    Drafted once out of high school and twice out of the University of Louisville, Clark, now 25, began his pro career in 2010 after being selected by Texas in the 13th round of that year's draft. He posted a .295-1-41 line in 63 games at short-season Class-A Spokane that summer and hit .310-14-74 between Class-A Hickory and Class-A Advanced Myrtle Beach in 2011, but voluntarily retired after just two games with the Pelicans in 2012 after going 1-for-6 with a walk and two strikeouts.

This season, the lefty hitter returned to play with the Evansville Otters of the Frontier League, hitting .421 with seven home runs, 24 RBI, and a 1.352 OPS in 24 games.

The Thunder roster currently stands at only 23 active players, so a reciprocal move would not be required to add Clark.
    Depth move I guess

vCash
    When I saw this, I assumed we had signed either Will Clark or Jack Clark, either of whom would probably improve our team.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    Parade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    When I saw this, I assumed we had signed either Will Clark or Jack Clark, either of whom would probably improve our team.
    I honestly thought Tony Clark might be coming out of retirement.

vCash
    How about we sign a Clark Bar candybar, probably hit better than most on this ragmuffin team

vCash
    Clark Kent is really Superman. He just wears glasses to throw people off.

Don't spread this around.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.