Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is the Jets Offensive Line DEFINITELY better?

So, in several threads, as I read the prognostications for next year, it seems to be a given that our QB's and Running Backs will be performing behind an improved O-Line. So, my question is- Is this a definite? I know that we have made some changes, but changes do not always equal improvement. I want to be positive, but also wanted to ask the guys that know their stuff better than I do- In your mind, are you confident that the O-Line going into 2013 is definitely better?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    I would hope so but nothing is definite.
    I feel like we added a couple kids that can help, if they are as advertised, we will be better for sure.
    If guys like Howard take a step back, we could be in
    doo-doo.
    If guys like Howard and the mysterious Ducasse take solid steps forward, we could be much better.

So yeah. Maybe. lol

vCash
    I feel like we added a couple kids that can help, if they are as advertised, we will be better for sure.
    doo-doo.
    If guys like Howard and the mysterious Ducasse take solid steps forward, we could be much better.

So yeah. Maybe. lol

vCash
    I'd say we took a step forward, replaced what we lost with veterans and also added solid young depth. O-Line wasn't the only issue but that part was definitely addressed.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    doo-doo.

So yeah. Maybe. lol
    There is nothing mysterious about DuCasse. The guy is a gorilla. Has the strength of one, intelligence of one and looks like one. Mystery solved.

vCash
    better yes, good jury is still out.

vCash
    The o-line should be better next season. Peterman and Colon should be upgrades at the guard position, while Howard should get better as he plays more. The depth is also much better this year with Winters and Aboushi.

vCash
    Should be better. Howard still looks like a guard. If a man that big can play RT very well that will go a long way. He was terrible in pass protection so we need him to take a step forward. I am confident our OC is smart enough to actually adjust if someone is constantly getting burnt. But if Howard takes a step forward then the only question marks would be the 2 guards. Which isn't ideal but easier to deal with then a whole side of the line.

I am confident we will be better just based on the fact that a handful of us in this forum could have broken through for a couple of sacks last season. And we actually have check down options for once. If the RBs can pass protect we are a long ways towards being much improved. It helps more then people realize.

The above was me constantly thinking oh and one more thing and having it snowball into 2 paragraphs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    There is nothing mysterious about DuCasse. The guy is a gorilla. Has the strength of one, intelligence of one and looks like one. Mystery solved.
    Mystery not solved!!

Where is he hiding his talent? That is the mystery.
    He has the tools but the talent could pull those tools together and make him a beast of a linemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mystery not solved!!

Where is he hiding his talent? That is the mystery.
    He has the tools but the talent could pull those tools together and make him a beast of a linemen.
    Exactly, the dude has the tools. But so would any silverback gorilla. But try to coach that gorilla to play football or even spell his own name and you'd probably have better luck than doing the same with DuCasse.

vCash
    Well we had a great offensive line last year. A big part of that was Brandon Moore. He's gone now... Cotton taking his place. Slauson, who was at least ok, is also gone and is replaced by either Ducasse (meh) or a rookie (meh). So we'll see. But right now I'm expecting a downgrade from last year based on that.

However Howard should continue improving which is encouraging.

vCash
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...1-d5ae6ccb557b

Austin Howard on JTL.

How I see our Oline - 3 core pieces in D'Brick, Mangold, and Howard. I expect Howard to make a huge step forward this year and even though some people say D'Brick struggled last year he is still a mentor and major piece in the upbringing of Howard and some of the younger guys like Winters and Aboushi.

Both Colon and Peterman were very nice signings in my book - If Colon can just stay healthy he will be fine, same with Peterman. The line has the potential to be better, it's there and if any of the vets fail we can just put in either Winters or Aboushi - both very versatile. I have high hopes for Howard this year, hopefully they won't be shattered we need a good oline for the QB (whoever it shall be) and Ivory and the running game. Go JETS.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Way too early to tell if we will be better.
    Right now I would lean toward no because I don't think the talent level of the expected starters has been upgraded enough and they will need time to gel. I do like the depth better than last year because of our draft picks.

I think some of the positives that will make our line look better will be a quick play offense and going back to a zone blocking scheme where Brick and Mangold seem to play best at. They got pretty good late last year with Sparano's blocking scheme but I also think that is because we played some really bad teams.

vCash
    We've improved depth for sure. Willie Colon, if healthy, is a very good offensive lineman. And Peterson has been a starter for years so he's got experience. And, from what I read, Winters has been impressing every one in the building. So I think we'll be ok there.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...1-d5ae6ccb557b

Austin Howard on JTL.

How I see our Oline - 3 core pieces in D'Brick, Mangold, and Howard. I expect Howard to make a huge step forward this year and even though some people say D'Brick struggled last year he is still a mentor and major piece in the upbringing of Howard and some of the younger guys like Winters and Aboushi.

Both Colon and Peterman were very nice signings in my book - If Colon can just stay healthy he will be fine, same with Peterman. The line has the potential to be better, it's there and if any of the vets fail we can just put in either Winters or Aboushi - both very versatile. I have high hopes for Howard this year, hopefully they won't be shattered we need a good oline for the QB (whoever it shall be) and Ivory and the running game. Go JETS.
    Nice post
    Yes and yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast