• Martin Frk

0 0%
  • Calle Jarnkrok

1 20.00%
  • Xavier Ouellet

0 0%
    vCash

Red Wings Top 15 Prospects: #1

We did this a couple years ago, and now we have even more members in this forum. Basically rank our top 15 prospects. After you vote, nominate a new player for the poll. I'd likely put up just a few to start off. My schedule has been a nightmare as of late, so I'll probably get RW13 to help out here. Each poll will consist of a time limit of one day.

After you vote. Feel free to give a reason why you voted for that player, and a projection of their NHL career, or if they'll bust.

vCash
    ****! Something messed up. I meant to add like six more to the poll. I'm guessing this will be Tomas Tatar though, so I suppose I'll leave it. Couple others that aren't on here can get votes though

vCash
    So I was able to add two more names on, and it shoul dbe good for the first pick at least. It's not a public vote either.

vCash
    Ironhook is our best prospect. Tatar is more ready, but Jarn has a higher ceiling and is just a more cerebral player. Tatar is a gritty shooter with filthy hands especially in tight so it was a really hard vote for me. If Jarn fills out he could be our 2c as soon as 2014-2015 season. He has also played in higher competition internationally and done well. Tatar is a close #2 in my book.

vCash
    Give me Tomas Tatar, just ahead of Jarnkrok, and Mrazek. I feel like this kid is more a sure-thing. His ceiling isn't quite as high, but I feel he'll be one of those 65 point players for a few years. Solid defensive game, and a leader. His hands in close are simply dirty. I see him as the type of player that enters free agency, and gets that 5 year 25M type of deal. I've been high on this kid for a couple years, watching him in pre-season. Similar to my love for Ville Leino at one point.

vCash
    Give me Tatar. Dude has basically given Holland a big "**** you" this year in a polite way. Mrazek, Jarnkrok, and Frk are aweseom as well but I'm going Tatar here. If Cleary gets a spot over him on the team next year I will be so upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong I've been on Tatar since we drafted him. He just doesn't have that elite hockey sense that Jarnkrok has. He has the determination and grit to be a 50-60 pt guy but he lacks that elite factor. Jarnkrok has it.

vCash
    You really only think Tatar peaks out as a 50-60 point guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    This coming from a novice in terms of our prospects but I really liked what I've seen from Tatar.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Tatar is good at everything. He has no offensive weapon that is excellent except determination. His shot is just a little above average. His play making is average. His speed is a little above average but he is no Helm/Mursak/Jensen. I see him as a 20-30 second line winger or a 30-30. Unless his shot improves I don't think he ever pots more then 30. I am very high on him as a high end 2nd line winger but he doesn't have that 1st line potential.

vCash
    And I'm not trying to sell him short, he is my second favorite prospect behind Pulu. I think he will make an excellent support player and middle 6 guy that likes to shoot first something we really need.

I can see I'm gonna lose this one though. Oh well I tried haha so much for being our prospect guru.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Tatar is good at everything. He has no offensive weapon that is excellent except determination. His shot is just a little above average. His play making is average. His speed is a little above average but he is no Helm/Mursak/Jensen. I see him as a 20-30 second line winger or a 30-30. Unless his shot improves I don't think he ever pots more then 30. I am very high on him as a high end 2nd line winger but he doesn't have that 1st line potential.
    What should we expect from Mursak?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    What should we expect from Mursak?
    Nothing.. He's gone to the KHL now.

vCash
    Mursak would be on the team right now if he didn't break his ankle a couple years back. I liked his upside as a speedy 3rd line winger. But yes he is KHL bound now so we will never know.

vCash
    I thought I read something about a possibility of his return, but I must have been mistaken. Meh.