Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York,NY
    Posts
    2,269
    vCash
    1500

    Mets Fan Here Planning to Visit

    Hey guys, I plan on going to Philly Saturday, and I was looking for advice.

    When should I buy tickets?
    Where should I sit?
    What should I eat at Citizen's Bank(something that's unique to the ballpark)?
    What's the best spot to get Cheesteaks in Philly?

    Thanks
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,876
    vCash
    1500

    Mets Fan Here Planning to Visit

    id buy them soon. lol

    i like section 135. its third base side right behind the visiting dugout. very good seats.

    foods a bit pricey, but in Ashburn Alley theres a place called Chickies and Petes. try the crab fries.

    you can get cheese steaks in the ballpark, at Tony Lukes. but the best steaks in the city are Genos steaks, and Pats steaks. theyre right across the street from one another on 9th st.


    Phillies Redskins Flyers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,445
    vCash
    1500
    I still prefer Jim's over on south and 3rd (I believe)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,127
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    id buy them soon. lol

    i like section 135. its third base side right behind the visiting dugout. very good seats.

    foods a bit pricey, but in Ashburn Alley theres a place called Chickies and Petes. try the crab fries.

    you can get cheese steaks in the ballpark, at Tony Lukes. but the best steaks in the city are Genos steaks, and Pats steaks. theyre right across the street from one another on 9th st.
    Your from Philly and you think pats and genos has the best cheese steaks in philly....thats just flat out wrong man...they are ok but more of a Late night drunk spot or a tourist attraction...very overrated

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,437
    vCash
    1500
    Check out Steve's prince of steaks, best cheesesteak in the world. As far as food in the stadium I suggest the Schmitter sandwich out near left field and some crab fries from chickies and petes if you don't mind getting ripped off.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    id buy them soon. lol

    i like section 135. its third base side right behind the visiting dugout. very good seats.

    foods a bit pricey, but in Ashburn Alley theres a place called Chickies and Petes. try the crab fries.

    you can get cheese steaks in the ballpark, at Tony Lukes. but the best steaks in the city are Genos steaks, and Pats steaks. theyre right across the street from one another on 9th st.
    Your from Philly and you think pats and genos has the best cheese steaks in philly....thats just flat out wrong man...they are ok but more of a Late night drunk spot or a tourist attraction...very overrated
    Genos is a tourist attraction. i prefer Talk of the Town, and Pats.


    Phillies Redskins Flyers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    1,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Hey guys, I plan on going to Philly Saturday, and I was looking for advice.

    When should I buy tickets?
    Where should I sit?
    What should I eat at Citizen's Bank(something that's unique to the ballpark)?
    What's the best spot to get Cheesteaks in Philly?

    Thanks
    You probably should have those already or order them asap haha

    To be honest, I think you'll end up having a great view no matter where your seat is. I've sat all over the place in there and have had no complaints. My package seats are in 232 I believe by the 3rd base foul pole.

    The Schmitter (3rd base line right under the escalators) or The Heater from Campos (Ashburn Alley)

    I would recommend either Tony Lukes down on Oregon and like 2nd which is relatively close to the stadium, but if you don't mind a little further drive, you can never go wrong with Pats off of Passyunk.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    1,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I still prefer Jim's over on south and 3rd (I believe)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    Your from Philly and you think pats and genos has the best cheese steaks in philly....thats just flat out wrong man...they are ok but more of a Late night drunk spot or a tourist attraction...very overrated
    See I feel the opposite. I think people overrate the **** out of Jim's including all of my friends, and I much prefer Pats to that. Geno's is garbage and plus he is a racist dick, so I avoid them altogether.

    I think half the reason people who live in Philadelphia like I do and "hate" on Pats as being overrated are simply saying that because that's the one everyone immediately names. It's like Hipster culture. Whatever everyone else likes is overrated, and only a true Philadelphian would know about this far superior place. It's a tad annoying.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    1500
    1) For the price definitely sit in either 140-133 or 108-114 sections, great seats. You will be really able to get tickets anytime.
    2) I would suggest trying the crab fries at Chickies and Pete and also try federal donuts (get one of their hot donuts, you will not regret this)
    3) I live on Oregon Ave in South Philly, The best place is a steak place called Johns Roast Pork (Sort of ironic name I know), but hands down the locals favorite place and my favorite. This the website - http://www.johnsroastpork.com/


    Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillzfan1126 View Post
    1) For the price definitely sit in either 140-133 or 108-114 sections, great seats. You will be really able to get tickets anytime.
    2) I would suggest trying the crab fries at Chickies and Pete and also try federal donuts (get one of their hot donuts, you will not regret this)
    3) I live on Oregon Ave in South Philly, The best place is a steak place called Johns Roast Pork (Sort of ironic name I know), but hands down the locals favorite place and my favorite. This the website - http://www.johnsroastpork.com/
    where at? i lived on 7th and Oregon for a few years. i moved back to jersey a year and a half ago.


    Phillies Redskins Flyers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    1500
    Steve's Prince of Steaks is the "real deal" Holyfield..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    1500
    TOMMY DiNiC'S at Reading Terminal Market too!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,876
    vCash
    1500

    Mets Fan Here Planning to Visit

    basically, Cheesesteaks are a toss up. everyone has their own personal opinion. youre just gonna have to figure that one out yourself


    Phillies Redskins Flyers

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    where at? i lived on 7th and Oregon for a few years. i moved back to jersey a year and a half ago.
    Other Side of Broad, I am on 19th and Oregon

    Did you ever try Johns Roast Port for their cheesesteaks?


    Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,876
    vCash
    1500

    Mets Fan Here Planning to Visit

    nah i dont believe i have. but i try it out next time im over there.


    Phillies Redskins Flyers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •