Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Popovich's Coaching Decisions in the 4th

I love Pop... absolutely love the dude.

That game is 100% on him in my opinion. No foul when up 3. Taking Timmy out... wow. I'm stunned, because I think he got too cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post

That game is 100% on him in my opinion. No foul when up 3. Taking Timmy out... wow. I'm stunned, because I think he got too cute.
    I don't think he got too cute. He coached the same way he has in the past, it just didn't work this time. Ray Allen bailed out the Heat with that last second 3 in regulation and some FT's down the stretch. San Antonio missed some FT's down the stretch too and that made the difference.

Also note that Duncan failed to score after the 3rd qtr and looked like he was limping after a Heat player (I think it was Wade) fell on his lower leg and looked to twist his knee. I hope that does not hinder Duncan at all in Game 7.

vCash

Agree he fu**ed up BAD. He had some Vinny Del Negro lineups out there at points late in the game that had me wondering WTF...

vCash
    hes an evil genius lmao

vCash
    You can't take your best rebounder out in that situation. I just don't understand it. LeBron bricks a shot, they get it back and get a wide open 3. Next possession, Timmy is out again (Very Hibbert-like), Bosh gets a rebound and hits Ray.

Next why the **** didn't they foul when up 3?

Again love Pop... absolutely love him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Agree he fu**ed up BAD. He had some Vinny Del Negro lineups out there at points late in the game that had me wondering WTF...
    I don't blame him one bit for pulling Parker out at the end. He couldn't get good shots over the length of the defenders Miami was throwing at him, and he kept shooting from further away. His last few deep J's were not good shots. They didn't go to Duncan on offense at all in the OT.

vCash
    I think he outcoached himself with Timmy out. With his length you trust him to be able to rotate

vCash
    The only thing I'm going to get on Pop about is keeping Ginobli in the game when he's been terrible all year. He's had one good game all playoffs. Not sure what he expected in a close out game. Neal or T-Mac could "easily" of matched Ginobli's production this series. I love G but he's just not the same this year. He's screwed over his team time after time and they keep putting him in, during clutch times.

vCash
    The thing is though, it shouldn't have come to that in OT. The game should've been over. Foul when up 3... okay if not, have your best rebounder in the game.

He wanted to switch everything on the perimeter... to me it made no sense because Bosh was still in the game. Tim can guard Bosh, who wasn't even on the perimeter for that offensive rebound.

vCash

100% on Pops. Great coach, bad game for him.

Left Manu while he was clearly struggling. Driving jumping under the rim throwing the ball to the Heat over and over, and leaving him in the game, thats on Pop. Manu was the Heats 2nd best player in this game.

Taking Duncan out, (twice) and getting burned (twice) didn't you learn from the Pacers series... Leave your big guy in. Its not like Duncan is immobile, he can guard.

Lineup's - if James is shutting down Parker, you need to put in place an offensive scheme to free up Parker. Double screen, screen off the ball, James is a great defender but a proper scheme would have helped, they didn't have one prepared. Spo got his mismatches in the 4th and OT.

That last play.... Not exactly the best personnel or play call. You have 2 of your 5 guys on the floor that really have no threat to hit the 3. Have a 3 threat inbound so he can keep the defender honest, splitter.... Come on.

Pops you are better then this. Bench Manu, no defence, no offence. Force the ball to Duncan he got you 25 in the 1st half, how many touches did he get in the rest of the game....

vCash
    The thing is though, it shouldn't have come to that in OT. The game should've been over. Foul when up 3... okay if not, have your best rebounder in the game.

He wanted to switch everything on the perimeter... to me it made no sense because Bosh was still in the game. Tim can guard Bosh, who wasn't even on the perimeter for that offensive rebound.
    yeah, in my opinion Pop let his own genius get to him. As Laker fans, we know all too well the importance of rebounding in the waning seconds (See Suns 2006, Finals 2010)

vCash
    The great pop made a huge mistake. vogel made the mistake with hibbert on game 6 vs heat

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    Yup. We killed Vogel for it, but Pop made the same mistake twice. Shocking

vCash

We had that game we ****ing had that game....taking Tim Duncan out when up by 3 was ****ing stupid.....and the most important stat of the game was the 8****ing turnovers that Manu had all resulting in Heat points.....Manu may had costed us another title like he did in 2006.....I can't believe it and when we got the rebound the with 10 seconds left in overtime Manu calls no timeout and instead tries to drive to the hoops knowing he had a crappy game......I'm speechless right now
    Last edited by jezzyman05; 06-19-2013 at 02:59 AM.

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzyman05 View Post
    We had that game we ****ing had that game....taking Tim Duncan out when up by 3 was ****ing stupid.....and the most important stat of the game was the 8****ing turnovers that Manu had all resulting in Heat points.....Manu may had costed us another title like he did in 2006.....I can't believe it and when we got the rebound the with 10 seconds left in overtime Manu calls no timeout and instead tries to drive to the hoops knowing he had a crappy game......I'm speechless right now
    Honestly, I can see why Manu was still in the game. He just played a heck of a Game 5, and we all know Pop trusts him.

Sadly he was awful tonight again. But again, it shouldn't have come to overtime. Taking Tim out of the game twice was absolutely shocking. Two offensive rebounds leading to 3's.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast