Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bjoern Werner

vCash

Bjoern Werner

“He’s a natural,” Colts coach Chuck Pagano said of Werner’s move from college defensive end to professional outside linebacker. “He’s a great athlete. We know his measurables, all those things we know. But the one thing we didn’t know was, we had a good idea, but the F.B.I., what we are putting on his plate, his football intelligence, is off the charts.

“He doesn’t make many mental (mistakes), so we’re going to keep throwing stuff at him and use him in a bunch of different roles. He can be effective not only in the run game, but when we get to third down, he’s going to be a hard guy to block.”
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...er-readies-NFL

Werner's name hasn't been brought up much during the offseason but I really liked what Pagano said about him. It makes me feel comfortable with the pick knowing Pagano comes from a defensive background and obviously coached a lot of great players.

Anyway, this whole piece is worth reading, i just added the quote, but you should read the story. Gave me chills. Makes me like Werner even more.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Go back and look at our defensive picks from when Dungy was in charge apposed to Caldwell. The defensive guys know what they are talking about so I agree with you about feeling good on this one.

vCash
    Werner will bring the "Blitzkrieg" for many years to come !
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    cant wait to see this defense! Time for the Colts to take back the division