Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sanchez and Avila to DL

Saw this tweeted by Rod Allen. Not sure who the call ups are yet. Id assume Alvarez and Holaday/McCann. The Sanchez one is a bit concerning. Never good when a pitcher goes to the DL for arm weakness reasons

vCash
    I'm not too surprised about Sanchez. I kind of thought they should have done it to begin with with him, actually. Can they even bring Alvarez back up yet? Or are those rules thrown out the window in the case of an injury?

A bit surprised about Alex, but I think we're all glad about it. Some time off will do him good.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    It sucks to see Sanchez go. I hope it's not a serious injury and he just sits out the minimum.

Avila, I'm torn. This could be good for him... Especially if he gets a rehab stint in AAA. But once again, I hope the injury isn't too serious or it'll do nothing but make it harder to come back.

vCash
    I think alvarez has to spend a certain number of days in the minors before he can be brought back up. Unsure if that time has lapsed yet.

vCash
    Associated Press | June 17, 2013
    DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers have placed right-hander Anibal Sanchez and catcher Alex Avila on the 15-day disabled list.

Detroit recalled outfielder Avisail Garcia and catcher Bryan Holaday from Triple-A Toledo on Monday before it series opener against the Baltimore Orioles.

The Tigers plan to call up left-hander Jose Alvarez from Toledo to start in place on Sanchez on Thursday in their series opener against the Boston Red Sox.

Sanchez is expected to miss two starts because of a strained right shoulder and Avila will be out with a bruised left forearm.

vCash
    Ok so Garcia will be up until Thursday, at which point he will be sent back down. I'm actually somewhat supposed castellanos didn't get the call. Could have "gotten the taste" for 3 days.

vCash
    I'm hoping that this time off is what Avila needs to really fix his swing. Losing Anibal sucks but shows the reason why we didn't deal Porcello/Smyly in the offseason. Smyly/Alvarez should be able to hold the fort down until Sanchez gets back.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    If Smyly gets sent down to be streched out then I'll get concerned. Every pitcher gets "dead" arm so after a couple weeks off he should be back in tip top form.

I agree with the above sentiments about Avila. We need to get his bat going again. I just hope Pena handles the catching dudies and the staff as well as Alex does.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!