Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Monta Ellis will opt out of contract

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...ntract-sources

where does he end up? Left $11 million on table. I'm sure some team will offer him that but who? and does he go for the money or to win?

"Monta Ellis has informed the Milwaukee Bucks that he will opt out of the last year of his deal, according to league sources.

Ellis, who had one year, $11 million left on his contract, will become one of the most coveted free agents on the market this summer.

Sources say the Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Lakers are three teams that have interest in Ellis, though the Lakers could only get Ellis via an unlikely sign-and-trade deal.

Ellis, who originally signed a six-year, $66 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, is close with Lakers free agent Dwight Howard. The two have long desired to play together.

If Howard cannot acheive his top goal of playing with Chris Paul, teaming with Ellis may become an option he will strongly consider.

Ellis' goal in signing his original deal was to give him the flexibilty to become a free agent in his prime.

The Bucks reportedly had offered Ellis a three-year, $36 million extension earlier this month but the offer was contingent on him not opting out of the final season of his contract.

Ellis led the Bucks with 19.2 points per game in the regular season, his eighth in the NBA after being drafted by the Warriors 40th overall in 2005."
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Monta-Dirk-Dwight ??

vCash
    lol, let him team up with dwight. They can have as many 1st round exits as they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Monta-Dirk-Dwight ??
    That's a 2nd round exit at best.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    lol, let him team up with dwight. They can have as many 1st round exits as they want.
    I think everyone forgot that Dwight led a bunch of average players to the finals. Whether its luck or not that's still impressive

vCash
    Not much of a "team up" there, unless they pair up with dirk.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    I think everyone forgot that Dwight led a bunch of average players to the finals. Whether its luck or not that's still impressive

Yea in the years the east was trash and 4 out of the 8 playoff teams in the west could've beat them in the final, maybe all 8. Just an opinion obviously.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Monta is a better player than he gets credit for. I don’t think he’s been in the right team situation yet to fully harness his potential. I’d love to have him on my team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Monta is a better player than he gets credit for. I don’t think he’s been in the right team situation yet to fully harness his potential. I’d love to have him on my team.
    I'd also love to see Melo, Monta, and JR Smith on the same team. BRING HIM TO THE KNICKS PLEASE DOLAN
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    He's a good player and can score, but he's not a first option maybe not even second, why? Because IMO he is a chucker who gets hot sometimes. I think he'd play a perfect "Manu" Role coming off the bench and getting a lot of minutes, but obviously he would never do that and someone will give him 10-12 mil a year a start him. ,my guess is Dallas if Howard joins him.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    I'd also love to see Melo, Monta, and JR Smith on the same team. BRING HIM TO THE KNICKS PLEASE DOLAN
    That trio could score a lot points but I don't know about the chemistry though, all three are ball demanding players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post. Tell me I’m wrong…

When I said, “my team” I didn’t necessarily mean the current Knicks team, I meant the hypothetical team that I would somehow have overriding command of. Monta, JR, and Melo is clearly not a recipe for success, unless we’re now playing the game with two basketballs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    He's a good player and can score, but he's not a first option maybe not even second, why? Because IMO he is a chucker who gets hot sometimes. I think he'd play a perfect "Manu" Role coming off the bench and getting a lot of minutes, but obviously he would never do that and someone will give him 10-12 mil a year a start him. ,my guess is Dallas if Howard joins him.
    Just because I think he’s a better player than most, doesn’t mean I think he’s a viable number one option. I do think, however, than he and Dwight would make a good duo. With Monta’s propensity to shoot, and Dwight cleaning up around the rim, it could work out rather nicely.

vCash
    I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post. Tell me I’m wrong…

When I said, “my team” I didn’t necessarily mean the current Knicks team, I meant the hypothetical team that I would somehow have overriding command of. Monta, JR, and Melo is clearly not a recipe for success, unless we’re now playing the game with two basketballs.
    Well as a Nets fan, it wasn't sarcasm. I really would like that haha. But I didn't know that by "my team" you meant your team without either Melo or JR. Just an assumption I made. They would indeed need 2-3 basketballs to play together.
    Last edited by JerseyPalahniuk; 06-17-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    Just because I think he’s a better player than most, doesn’t mean I think he’s a viable number one option. I do think, however, than he and Dwight would make a good duo. With Monta’s propensity to shoot, and Dwight cleaning up around the rim, it could work out rather nicely.
    That doesn't work out rather well with Kobe's propensity to shoot though. I think it would work out too if there wasn't another player that wanted to shoot all the time but that logic isn't good reasoning.
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived Dwightmare

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast