Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

My first game at Citi Field.

Hi all,

I'm coming over from Australia and will catch the Mets series against the Royals. Any suggestions on the best seats (I'm not really concerned about price) and must do's ?

vCash

My first game at Citi Field.

My friend and I bought upper deck left field seats a couple yrs ago and made out way Down To behind mets dugout within a couple innings. About 10 rows back

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Best bang for your buck is the upper deck (Promenade Infield) behind either the first or third base lines or even home plate. You'll have a clear view of the field, as opposed to many of the higher priced tickets lower down.

Whatever you do, do not buy the tickets directly from the Mets. Buy from Stub Hub a day or two before the game.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    My friend and I bought upper deck left field seats a couple yrs ago and made out way Down To behind mets dugout within a couple innings. About 10 rows back
    You might have been able to do that at Shea Stadium but doubtful you pulled that off at Citi Field. Each section has many ushers and guards checking for tickets constantly. Very difficult to move down at this park.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    In the category of "must-do:"

-Get a shake at Shake Shack (behind the video board).

-I might even argue that should get something from Box Frites while you're there.

-If you've been following the Mets for a while, before you go into the stadium, go see where the diamond was for Shea Stadium (in the parking lot outside of third base).

-Once you get in, go see the Mets Museum/Hall of Fame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman2424 View Post

-I might even argue that should get something from Box Frites while you're there.

-If you've been following the Mets for a while, before you go into the stadium, go see where the diamond was for Shea Stadium (in the parking lot outside of third base).

What's in the Mets Museum????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    What's in the Mets Museum????
    It contains all of the memorabilia from the franchise's greatest moments.

Ok, so they had an extra broom closet that wasn't being used.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 06-16-2013 at 08:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman2424 View Post

That's my fave feature in Citi Field. I love walking out there and remembering where I was sitting during so many historical Met games that I was lucky to attend.

Re: Shake a Shack: Get there early or be prepared to watch most of the game on the big screens while you wait in line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It contains all of the memorabilia from the franchise's greatest moments.

Ok, so they had an empty broom closet that wasn't being used.
    I thought they might have Jay Horowitz hanging up on a hook or something.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Geez, I haven't been to a Met game in Queens since the '70's........

Can We Win 45 Games In The 2nd Half.....

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Honestly, just get there like 2 hours or so before the game and just walk around - the place has an amazing atmosphere and is actually really good for just meandering. You'll be able to catch BP, get anything you want at the shake shack in a short amount of time, etc.

I wouldn't recommend buying tickets at the Pepsi Porch (Left Field Upper Deck) but if you get the chance walk over there and watch the game from that point of view for an inning, just a cool place to check out.

After the game, you can easily take the train into the city and go to the Empire State Building. It is open 365 days a year till 2 A.M. and it just adds to a good night.

Have fun and be sure to tell us about your experience! I always like hearing about people experiencing things for the first time that I already love.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    And my personal favorite seats is roughly 15 rows up and about even with 1st base on the 1st base side.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Shake Shack
    Frite Box
    Batting Cage
    Hall of Fame

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    If Price isn't a concern I'd suggest buying seats right around the 3rd base foul line.

I've sat all over the place in Citi. From right behind the home on deck circle, to behind home plate, to the 3rd base foul line to the first row behind the right field wall.

The foul line seats are the best value and have a great view and you have a good chance of getting a ball and/or autograph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsOfQueens View Post
    If Price isn't a concern I'd suggest buying seats right around the 3rd base foul line.

I've sat all over the place in Citi. From right behind the home on deck circle, to behind home plate, to the 3rd base foul line to the first row behind the right field wall.

The foul line seats are the best value and have a great view and you have a good chance of getting a ball and/or autograph.
    If price isn't a concern, how about buying the team?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast