Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring stolen by... Vladimir Putin?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...uper-bowl-ring

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has made the rounds this week, dishing on Tim Tebow's "spirituality," and telling tales about his encounters with powerful men of the east.
    Brandt: The Tim Tebow puzzle
    What is behind Bill Belichick's surprising decision to bring Tim Tebow to the Patriots? Gil Brandt tries to figure out the coach's angle. More ...

You might recall that Kraft in 2005 joined a cadre of businessmen to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in St. Petersburg. The Patriots owner walked into that meeting with a jewel-laced Super Bowl XXXIX ring on his finger, but left empty-handed.

"I showed the president my most recent Super Bowl ring," Kraft said at the time, per The Boston Globe. Putin "was clearly taken with its uniqueness ... at that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin."

Not so fast. Kraft now admits Putin nabbed the ring -- worth upwards of $25,000 -- without his consent.

"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin)," Kraft said this week, per the New York Post. "And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,' I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft kept his wits about him and complied with a call from the White House, in which a George W. Bush handler told him: " 'It would really be in the best interest of U.S.-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present."

I had an opportunity to chat with Kraft in the hours before Super Bowl XLVI, and asked him which of his Super Bowl victories meant the most. "That's like asking about different children," he said. "Every child is special."

Especially a child kidnapped by the Russians.

vCash
    2005?

Old news.

Common knowledge.

vCash
    Yeah this was a known story 8 years ago. Closing...

EDIT:

Sounds like this is actually a bigger story than I thought, I'll re-open.
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 06-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.

vCash
    Your subject line says stolen and the text you are quoting says " I decided to give him the ring"
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Really? Is the offseason this boring?? Pat's forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Your subject line says stolen and the text you are quoting says " I decided to give him the ring"
    Maybe read the article because it says that Kraft is now admitting that it was stolen and was told by the White House to say it was a gift.

vCash
    LOL. Some things never change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Maybe you should read the whole article.

vCash
    #Weak
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Lol if this was any team but the Patriots people would actually comment. He got bullied into giving away his super bowl ring with his name engraved into it, and the president called and told him to keep quiet about it...yeah no story here. If you don't think its interesting don't comment, not that hard.

vCash
    Since the Patriots stole the Superbowl's during those years, It's only fair. Thank you mr. Putin.

vCash
    the fools who don't read threads.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Since the Patriots stole the Superbowl's during those years, It's only fair. Thank you mr. Putin.
    Mr. Putin is a true American.

vCash
    Russians...

Where is that hilarious pic of Putin's face when he sees a topless protester?

lol
    Last edited by Austeezy; 06-15-2013 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    The Patriots cheated to get that ring, so it wasn't even Kraft's ring to begin with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast