Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Messier Interviews!

According to Dan Rosen at NHL.com, Mark Messier has confirmed that he's been interviewed by the Rangers for their head coach vacancy....

"Yes, of course," Messier told NHL.com when asked Friday at United Center if he has formally interviewed with Rangers president and general manager Glen Sather. "That was one thing I wanted to have happen, to go through the process like everybody else and to experience that, and to give Glen the opportunity to make a decision that he feels comfortable with."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vCash
    Hearing of Messier’s interview, an anonymous Rangers player told the Daily News via text message that while he does not want to say he prefers a specific candidate, Messier undoubtedly has admirable qualities.
    “I try not to get the point of hoping for anyone in particular,” the player wrote. “But he (Messier) has proven that he’s a man that can lead men to do great things. And there is a wealth of knowledge and experience that he has.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz2WFAyb9hc

vCash
    hands down he's the man for this job, the more & more i hear his name mentioned the more I see this being the perfect fit.

vCash
    Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 10m
    “@aaronward_nhl: Vigneault has indicated to Stars that he no longer wants to be considered for head coach job #TSN” Sounds like Broadway
    Looks like the Rangers have a new coach and it's not Messier.

vCash
    I love Messier to death but he has to go prove he can coach before he takes on an original six team in one teams most critical years in recent history (With Hank's contract expiring.). A gamble like that is really not worth the risk, if he is serious about coaching he'll do what everyone else does and earn his spot behind the bench in the minors.