Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2014 draft

vCash

2014 draft

Isn't next years draft supposed to be way better than this years? Can we make some kind of trades that get us first round picks next year?

vCash
    Well Sanders and Henson are untouchable. Ersan is up in the air for rumor this draft. We have no real assets left. Udoh might fetch a late first and Moute a second rounder. Unless a sign and trade of Jennings in July.

vCash
    This is a weak draft so trading for a pick next year isn't the worst plan. But the biggest issue is finding someone who will give up an unprotected first. And the teams that will most likely be drafting top 10 next year won't part with the pick. Even the. It's hit or miss on whether the team I proves too much. Lets take the cavs as an option purely for example. If we could trade them Ersan for a pick next year, there's no saying that a team of Irving, waiters, porter, Ersan and varejo don't fight for the 8th seed. All you need to do is be about .500 and you have a shot.

Also, the 2014 draft looks loaded, but we have a year to decide that. Like I've said in other threads. This year was supposed to be full of some pretty good players too. Shabazz was cant miss. Kentucky was supposed to have a couple one and done studs. James Michael mcadoo was the next big thing at unc. Cody seller was a polished big man with a good post up game. Tny Mitchell was that small school steal who was gonna rip it up.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that a whole yr of basketball can change things a ton. Maybe it will be a strong draft, but maybe some of these freshman will get the Harrison Barnes treatment where they don't live up to potential and maybe some of these sophomores will be tony Mitchell type. It's too early to tell.

vCash
    I'm basically thinking with trades for draft picks next year the Bucks this year will be terrible and in the lottery. And with any other first round picks we could actually be good a year or two from now especially if they use money on free agents wisely.

vCash
    Maybe our 1st round pick this yr and udoh or moute for next yr unprotected 1st.

vCash
    Or udoh and moute both in deal

vCash
    Not to be a jerk, but who accepts that deal? The only teams that consider that deal are teams picking most likely well after 15 next year. A team like charolette or New Orleans isn't considering that at all.

vCash
    Crew, sorry man but you've gotta do a little more research or something. While this draft may lack elite star talent, there is serious depth throughout the entire draft.

And, am I crazy or does everyone start off by saying "Next years class is strong," only to then take it back 3 months before and start saying that the class is weak?

Kind of annoying.

If you draft smart, it's always a good draft class.

I have a list of 15 prospects that we could draft THIS YEAR that could be of serious help, I just hope Milwaukee picks one of those 15.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Crew, sorry man but you've gotta do a little more research or something. While this draft may lack elite star talent, there is serious depth throughout the entire draft.

And, am I crazy or does everyone start off by saying "Next years class is strong," only to then take it back 3 months before and start saying that the class is weak?

Kind of annoying.

If you draft smart, it's always a good draft class.

I have a list of 15 prospects that we could draft THIS YEAR that could be of serious help, I just hope Milwaukee picks one of those 15.
    I think there's some mid first round guys that can be solid but these guys are far from cant miss. There's starters to be found but very few true studs.

I'm not impressed with the draft really. Sme prospects are getting over hyped because there's nothing else to look at. I was reading a tweet from ryen Ruscillo (or however you spell it) was talking to a couple scouts. They were saying stuff about how they like guys like oladipo, but he's a late lotto or mid first rounder in a good draft, not potentially top 5.

I don't know who's all on your list of 15, but I have a guess at a couple guys (Franklin and snell) come to mind. See those guys are decent value at 15, and they may be close to the talent you get at 15 in other drafts, but those guys aren't big time difference makers. The middle of this draft is loaded with decent starters. Basically guys who are going to be somewhere between the 4 and 7 best player on a good team. This draft has very few guys who should be 1-3 best players on a good team, so to me, that's going to be a weak draft.