Blue Jays vs Rangers: June 13-16

Toronto Blue Jays

VS

Texas Rangers

Thursday, June 13, 7:05 PM CDT, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

vs
    Esmil Rogers..........Yu Darvish
    1-2, 3.60 ERA.........7-2, 2.75 ERA

Rogers will be making his third start of the season after moving out of the bullpen. His last outing vs. Texas was his best, and longest. Rogers lasted four innings, giving up a single run on three hits and a walk, with six strikeouts.

Darvish is 0-1 with a 2.28 ERA in his last four starts, and the Rangers have lost three of those four. He is 4-1 with a 2.93 ERA in seven starts at home and has gone 2-1 with a 3.12 ERA in three starts against the Blue Jays in his career.

Friday, June 14, 7:05 PM CDT, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

vs
    Mark Buehrle..........Justin Grimm
    2-4, 5.06 ERA..........5-4, 5.25 ERA

Buehrle is making this start on an extra day of rest thanks to a recent off-day. His last outing came against the Rangers and he allowed just one run over seven innings but took a no-decision after Casey Janssen blew a save opportunity in the 9th.

A four-run inning skewed what was an otherwise strong outing against the Jays his last time out. Grimm kept Toronto off the board the rest of the game, and lasted 5 2/3 innings while striking out six.

Saturday, June 15, 3:05 PM CDT, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

vs
    Josh Johnson..........Josh Lindblom
    0-2, 5.40 ERA.........0-1, 5.91 ERA

Johnson pitched with a blister on his right middle finger during his last start against Texas. He remained in the game but struggled with his command and lasted only five innings -- three runs on five hits -- because of a high pitch count.

Lindblom will make his third start this season. He received a no-decision in his last outing Monday after allowing three runs on five hits in six innings against the Indians.

Sunday, June 16, 2:05 PM CDT, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

vs
    R.A. Dickey.........Derek Holland
    5-8, 5.11 ERA.........5-3, 3.11 ERA

Dickey allowed seven runs on 10 hits during his last start against the White Sox. It was the third time in his past four outings he allowed at least six runs.

Holland's last start was his shortest this season. He lasted 4 1/3 innings in a loss to the Indians. Holland is 0-2 with a 2.86 ERA in three day starts this season.

Darvish seeks bounce-back effort against Blue Jays
    Rogers to start for Toronto after being pushed back by postponement

Both Yu Darvish and Esmil Rogers will be facing familiar foes on Thursday.

The two starters will be up against the same opponent for the second time in as many outings when the Blue Jays visit Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.

For Darvish, that means a chance to learn from his last start.

"We all have to study and learn from our mistakes," said Darvish, who allowed three runs (two earned) in seven innings against the Blue Jays last Saturday. "I have to pitch my game and they have to do their jobs."

The Rangers' Japanese pitcher ended up taking the loss against Toronto, and hasn't picked up a victory since May 16 vs. Detroit.

However, that is no reflection on how dominant the right-hander has been on the mound. Darvish has a 2.28 ERA in his last four starts, and has struck out 32 over 27 2/3 innings.

"It really hasn't affected me much," Darvish said of his team's 1-3 record over those starts. "I've done my job. Wins and losses, you can't really control. Some games you give up five runs and still win. Some games you give up one run and still lose. Those things you can't really control. I tried to go deep in the game and give the team a chance to win."

Rogers, who's coming off his best start this season against the Rangers, is looking forward to facing the talented Texas lineup, despite thinking all week he'd be facing the White Sox, before weather altered the plans.

"I got already in my mind how I'm going to pitch these guys, how I'm pitching already," Rogers said of the Rangers. "This team is an aggressive team, I have to have all my pitches ready."

Last time out, the Toronto starter went the deepest he's gone in a game since converting from the bullpen, tossing four innings of one-run ball over 73 pitches and striking out six.

"He got out of there about the time we were ready to get him," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "After the first inning, he went to his offspeed stuff pretty regularly. Now we get to see him a second time."

Rangers: Kinsler nears return
    When it comes to second baseman Ian Kinsler and the strained muscle in his right rib cage, he can now see the light at the end of the tunnel in his rehab.

The 30-year-old participated in a full workout prior to Wednesday's game and was subsequently cleared for a rehab assignment.

"I haven't had anything physical to tell me not to continue to push it, continue on the same path," Kinsler said. "Hopefully, I can get on the field real quick."

Kinsler, who's been on the disabled list since May 18, will report to Double-A Frisco on Thursday and be used as the club's designated hitter. He will then play second for the following two games before a final decision is made on returning to the big league club.

Depending on how his rib cage feels, Kinsler could be activated as early as Sunday against the Blue Jays.

Blue Jays: Rotation pushed back because of postponed game
    The Blue Jays' game against the White Sox was postponed nearly six hours before game time on Wednesday as a result of the impending weather.

However, instead of sending Rogers back to the bullpen for the Rangers series, Toronto opted to push all its starters back a day, meaning the rotation lines up with Mark Buehrle, Josh Johnson, and R.A. Dickey to face the Rangers after Rogers.

Not skipping Rogers came as a bit of a surprise, but Blue Jays manager John Gibbons doesn't want to tinker with what's already there.

"He's part of our five-man rotation now, so we'll just keep everyone in line," Gibbons said.

Worth noting
    • The Rangers find themselves in a bit of a funk recently. The club has lost three straight series, including one against the Blue Jays last weekend. During that stretch, Texas has gone 3-6.

• Part of the reason for the Rangers' funk is the club's pitching. Texas' ERA has risen from 3.38 to 3.60 over the past nine games. However, that mark is still good for third in the AL, behind only Kansas City and Detroit.

• The Rangers have had the Blue Jays' number at home. Texas holds an all-time record of 60-35 against Toronto at home. It's the second-best mark against any club at home for Texas, behind only Tampa Bay. The Rangers swept the Blue Jays last season at home in a three-game set and have won five of their last six and six of the last eight on their own diamond.
    Last edited by StealingSigns; 06-13-2013 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    Worst. Thread. Ever.

vCash
    Cabrera
    Bautista
    EE
    Lind
    Rasmus
    Izturis
    JPA
    Boni
    Kawasaki

From Blue Jays twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Worst. Thread. Ever.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    47 deleted posts in the last game thread. That's really... something.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    im gonna guess we take 3/4. i see Rogers losing his game, then Buerhle, Johnson and Dickey all rebound from their last start.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    im gonna guess we take 3/4. i see Rogers losing his game, then Buerhle, Johnson and Dickey all rebound from their last start.
    when will people learn?

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    I have to go 3 of 4 because we need to, but will be happy to leave with a split .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    47 deleted posts in the last game thread. That's really... something.
    Wow, thats over 3 pages. Withn any luck people will think an extra second before pushing that post button.

vCash
    So Johnson gets pushed back because of a blister and Dickey moves up

Thats "blueJays" for : Expect a DL stint

props to vick27m

Ron Artest

vCash
    So they switch days. I still don`t know why Rogers is starting as with the day off shouldn`t it be Buehrle,

Johnson, Dickey and whoever,...like Wang, Or did I miss something????????????

vCash
    i'm watching the Yankees and they look like a joke... they've left 10 runners on base the last 4 extra innings

Hafner, Wells and Youkillis have all stopped hitting
    Tex still sucks
    Nix and Overbay are what they are

their only good hitters are Cano and Gardner

props to vick27m

Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    i'm watching the Yankees and they look like a joke... they've left 10 runners on base the last 4 extra innings

Hafner, Wells and Youkillis have all stopped hitting
    Tex still sucks
    Nix and Overbay are what they are

their only good hitters are Cano and Gardner

And yet they lead us by 8 1/2 games. Nothing is going as we thought it would when the season started.

vCash
    Time to get carved up by Yuuuuuuu.

vCash
    Our 6-9 is so bad.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast