Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post Bucks assistant coaches are Nick Van Exel and Scott Williams

Figured new coach let Drew pick his own guys.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 07-13-2013 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    Milwaukee Bucks assistant coaches Joe Wolf, Sidney Moncrief, Chris Gilmartin, Bill Peterson and Anthony Goldwire will not have their contracts renewed, club officials confirmed Wednesday.

New Bucks coach Larry Drew is in the process of putting together his own staff. Although nothing has been announced yet, two of his former assistants in Atlanta, Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel, helped Drew run the team's draft workout Wednesday.

Moncrief, the Bucks legend and five-time all-star, served as an assistant the past two seasons under Scott Skiles and Jim Boylan. Moncrief was named to replace Kelvin Sampson when he left the staff to become the lead assistant in Houston under Kevin McHale
    http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/21...Date=6-12-2013

vCash
    General Manager John Hammond announced today that Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel will join Larry Drew’s staff as assistant coaches for the Milwaukee Bucks. Bender joins the Bucks after nine seasons with the Atlanta Hawks, including the last three with Drew as head coach. Van Exel also worked with Drew as a member of the Hawks staff from 2010-12 as the player development instructor.

“Bob and Nick were both important pieces of my staff in Atlanta, and I’m excited that they are joining me on the bench in Milwaukee,” said Drew. “Bob’s merits as a coach have been proven through his past experience, and Nick’s successful career in the NBA gives him a strong platform to mentor and coach our players. They will be dedicated to the task of teaching and building up our young men in order for the Bucks to put a hard-working, committed team on the court.”

Prior to his time on Atlanta’s staff, Bender was with the Philadelphia 76ers from 2002-04, first as their assistant coach/player development and then as an assistant coach on the bench. His coaching career began as an assistant under Mike Krzyzewski at Duke, and he continued in the college ranks for 13 years.

Bender was first named a head coach at Illinois State in 1990, where he earned two Missouri Valley Conference Championships, one conference tournament title and an NCAA Tournament berth. He then spent nine years at the University of Washington (1994-2001), where he directed the Huskies to four consecutive appearances in the NCAA Tournament from 1996 to 1999. Bender was named the Pac-10 Coach of the Year in 1996.

A Duke graduate and Quantico, Va., native, Bender is the only individual to play on two different teams in two different NCAA Championship games – one as a freshman on Bob Knight's undefeated 1976 Indiana team and the other as a guard at Duke in the 1978 title game against Kentucky. He was drafted by the San Diego Clippers in the sixth round before his senior year, but did not play.

Kenosha, Wis., native Van Exel enjoyed a 13-year career as a player in the NBA, including 76 playoff games and one All-Star appearance (1998) from 1993-2006. He put up career averages of 14.4 points, 6.6 assists per game and 2.9 rebounds per game. Van Exel was selected by the L.A. Lakers in the second round of the 1993 NBA Draft (37th overall) and was named to the NBA’s All-Rookie team in 1994.

Prior to his two seasons as the Hawks’ player development instructor, Van Exel worked as an assistant coach at Texas Southern University during the 2009-10 season.
    http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/buc...istant-coaches

vCash
    http://media.sportsradio1250.com/a/7...nd-wickett.htm

Check and Wickett from 1250 got Nick Van Exel on the hotline discussing Drew and Jennings.

vCash
    Scott Williams will be big man's coach.

vCash
    Nice!
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://media.sportsradio1250.com/a/7...nd-wickett.htm

Check and Wickett from 1250 got Nick Van Exel on the hotline discussing Drew and Jennings.
    why van exel? i dont really know about him as a coach and his son was charged with murder within the last year i believe... o well hopefully drew knows what hes doing! did drew get to pick his guys in atl or no? where any of his assistants there his assistants here now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    why van exel? i dont really know about him as a coach and his son was charged with murder within the last year i believe... o well hopefully drew knows what hes doing! did drew get to pick his guys in atl or no? where any of his assistants there his assistants here now?
    I ACTUALLY THINK HE IS BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAD! Besides, you would be surprised what each player's background may consist of......Plus I am tired of worrying about images in Milwaukee! Life is not great for everyone and we should be happy to get any known talent!

vCash
    Van Exel will be a great addition for any guard we have on our team, same with the bigs and Scotty Williams, got ourselves an intelligent, WINNER, fundamental big man coach in Williams.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Scott Williams can teach Sanders,Henson his sweet 15 foot jumper. He was money. Sucked he was suspended that game against 76ers in eastern conference finals.

vCash
    Also Tuesday, (Bucks coach Larry) Drew acknowledged he has offered the top assistant coaching position to a former NBA coach and is waiting for a response.

Drew wouldn’t reveal the name of the individual or the names of anyone he has interviewed for the position.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/former-nba...in-bucks-staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Scott Williams can teach Sanders,Henson his sweet 15 foot jumper. He was money. Sucked he was suspended that game against 76ers in eastern conference finals.
    I know! If he didn't, we would have beatin the Lakers that year. They didn't have an answer for the big 3 all that year!

vCash
    Also Tuesday, Drew acknowledged he has offered the top assistant coaching position to a former NBA coach and is waiting for a response.

Drew wouldn’t reveal the name of the individual or the names of anyone he has interviewed for the position. The Journal Times has learned, though, that Drew has interviewed Jim Cleamons, who has extensive coaching experience including being Phil Jackson’s assistant with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.

Drew has also interviewed Dean Demopoulos, another respected longtime coach, who most recently assisted Vinny Del Negro with the Los Angeles Clippers.
    http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...a4bcf887a.html

vCash
    Marc J. Spears: Bucks have hired former NBA head coach & Phil Jackson assistant Jim Cleamons as an assistant coach, a source told Yahoo! Sports. Great hire. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hojihoj View Post
    Marc J. Spears: Bucks have hired former NBA head coach & Phil Jackson assistant Jim Cleamons as an assistant coach, a source told Yahoo! Sports. Great hire. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo
    This is a great hire! We finally getting that much needed coaching staff that would effectively develop our players so that can each reach there potentials. Having relevant coaches on your team presents star player work ethics, effective play calling, maximizing potentials, up most respect, and a champion approach to the game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast