Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the NBA change the finals 2-3-2 format?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 65.63%
  • No

11 34.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should the NBA change the finals 2-3-2 homecourt format?

Your thoughts!

I don't think so, I like this format, it changes a little bit from previous rounds.

In the end I dont think it matters because the better team almost always win. But I do hate the format.

absolutely i've always hated it, the entire playoffs should be the same.

Legends Last Forever
    Thanks For An Amazing 13 Years Wade

Home court in my opinion should be 3-2-2.... It would make home court worth getting. I hate that for having the better record say in the first round when a team like the heat won 60 plus games and a team like the sixers are 500 at best and its only 4-3 In terms of home court.

What is the difference? If you split the first two games at home and then lose 3 straight on the road you wouldn't win the series anyway.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Home court in my opinion should be 3-2-2.... It would make home court worth getting. I hate that for having the better record say in the first round when a team like the heat won 60 plus games and a team like the sixers are 500 at best and its only 4-3 In terms of home court.
    HCA should get 5 games while the lower team gets 2?

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    What is the difference? If you split the first two games at home and then lose 3 straight on the road you wouldn't win the series anyway.
    I think it just the fact that there are 3 home games in a row for team. I really don't care either way. I just want it changed for continuity reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    HCA should get 5 games while the lower team gets 2?
    Yup... 4-3 is not a big enough prize for teams that dominate and earn the top seed.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Yup... 4-3 is not a big enough prize for teams that dominate and earn the top seed.
    Yeah it is the finals. Usually you have the top teams in the finals. Meaning a 1-5 game difference in final record. Why should a team be given a huge advantage like that because of a couple of games in the regular season?

its kind of stupid that the team with the worst record gets 3 straight home games. wtf is up with that?

i think the main reason for the 2-3-2 format is because of the traveling from east to west and vice versa.
    Kings of New York

WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

If you earned the best record in the league in the regular season, I think that should give u an advantage in The Finals as well. Having to go on the road for 3 straight games in an extremely hostile environment is tough on anybody, and i think they should change it to 2-2-1-1-1

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    I think it just the fact that there are 3 home games in a row for team. I really don't care either way. I just want it changed for continuity reasons.
    But that is a disadvantage to the home team. How many teams can win 3 in a row at home in the Finals? You pretty much have to get 2 road wins. Also it deceives the team who has the 3 middle games because if they are up 3-2 they still gotta win another game and they have no more home games left.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

3 - 3 - 1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast