Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Miguel alfredo gonzalez....

I think the dodgers are in pretty serious need of starting pitching..(who would have thunk it)and i think this dude is a steal due to his age and experience he doesnt go against the international cap which means we can technically throw all the $$$$$ we want at him at the moment there are supposibly 7 possible suiters for the Cuban pitcher who pitched the final game in the world series for cuba in 2011 our international rookies this year are both in comntention for Rookie of the Year and why stop there it is a tribute to our international scouts like the dude that found Puig (who also found Fernando Valenzuela in mexico) really like Gonzalez and i think they have been pretty on point lately... i think this move can save us from having to give up prospects for starting pitching and we can use our trade chips towards 2nd base,3rd base and bullpen... also being that our starting 3 pitchers are pretty much etched in stone Gonzalez would only be asked to be a back of the rotation pitcher 4 or 5.. i think he will prove to be much more valueble then that if u bring in Gonzalez in that 4th spot i think Fife can more than handle the 5th pitcher spot but if not get Gonzalez and a NOLASCO OR GARZA OR CLIFF LEE OR BUD NORRIS and give Fife more time to develope along with Zach Lee i would also like to possibly take Phil Hughes off the yankees..

vCash
    In a week we will find out. I am hesistant for us to trade for a Cliff Lee type pitcher because I don't want to get raped in the deal. I wouldn't mind getting Nolasco from the Marlins, it seems like they are intereted in unloading him. So for me I would want to go with Gonzalez or Nolasco. If we can't get those 2, just stick with internal options for the rest of the year.

•Cuban right-hander Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, who has drawn the attention of the Dodgers, has been declared a free agent and will have a showcase in Tijuana, Mexico on June 20th, a source tells Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com (via Twitter). The Cubs, Rangers, Twins and Red Sox have also been linked to the promising hurler.

vCash
    would be nice, heard hes major league ready as well. Send him down to AA for a month and let our evaluators have a crack at him, then if we need him, bring him up.
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    Btw, since he's a FA, he's open market with no restrictions, no team can outbid us if we really want him
    Los Angeles Dodgers

vCash
    yup we can throw as much money as we want and it doesnt go against us.

and we already have another cuban that might make it more enticing to pick us

viva puig

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Viva cuba!! Viva dodgers!!

vCash
    its Viva Los Doyers, get it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVLn0epXBaY
    Los Angeles Dodgers

vCash

vCash
    The U.S. Treasury Department has yet to provide the necessary clearance for Gonzalez, a Cuban defector, to sign with an American team. Once that clearance is obtained, Major League Baseball would declare Gonzalez a free agent.

"That's the only thing preventing us from moving on to negotiations," agent Jaime Torres said.

The Dodgers signed Puig for $42 million last year, just ahead of the new international signing caps imposed by MLB. However, Gonzalez is exempt because of his age and experience in Cuba's top league.

vCash
    He's as good as ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    He's as good as ours.

vCash
    He has been officially declared as a free agent

vCash
    Here's a link showing this guys stuff against the USA WBC 2010. Tall kid throws hard looks pretty filty. I cant find any ore on him yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Zz6Th1ItY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    would be nice, heard hes major league ready as well. Send him down to AA for a month and let our evaluators have a crack at him, then if we need him, bring him up.
    not just that, have trade Cap and Lilly in like a month if were still strugling for controlable bull pen arms, then bring him up and idk maybe onelki garcia, or stripling, or reed or maybe yimi garcia.

vCash
    lets say we give this guy somthing similar to what we gave yasiel, then what do we do with a lot of these guys we have drafted, we will spend a stupid amount on Clayton, we spent 50 mill on ryu, 150 on Grienke, if we sign this fool for something similar to what we spent on ryu then that's 4 spots, and we just drafted 2 prepared college guys, plus we have lee, and the other guys i mentioned above who are all doing decent.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast